The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

2.4 Ghz Receivers

Old 06-24-2013, 05:35 PM
thailazer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default 2.4 Ghz Receivers

I started a thread a few weeks ago on the best value in a 2.4 Ghz system and ended up ordering a Tactic 650 with three receivers. The transmitter looks to be quite nice and flexible, but I was disappointed to see that the receivers are not diversity units. I used to work on rake receivers and diversity systems and can attest that at frequencies above 1 Ghz, multi-path propagation is a real problem for non-diversity systems. (A well designed diversity receiver takes advantage of the multi-path phase shifts by improving the signal by using active phase signal enhancement.) In the little bit of rudimentary testing I have done with the Tactic receivers, they do seem more suited for park flyers rather than something to trust a lot of investment to. So I will keep the transmitter but sell the receivers and buy some diversity capable units. I fly with a concrete house behind me so I am just asking for problems if I fly into the fringe. Some would argue that diversity is not needed as the plane is moving, but with the availability and low cost of diversity capability, why wouldn't every company use the best technology available?
Old 06-25-2013, 07:31 AM
mattnew

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 2.4 Ghz Receivers

why wouldn't every company use the best technology available?

> cost.

Tactics are made to a pricepoint to satisfy a need in a specific market segment. They are very good in that pricepoint, but if you want "better" it always costs more...costs more to research, costs more to make, and in turn the manufacturers will sell it at a higher price point to re-coup those costs.

as for the rest of your post... I don't know.

Search this Thread