Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Newbie question - odd

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 05:31 PM
roboterkampf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie question - odd

Hi there, I'm very green in the RC world, andI have an off-beat question. I am building a large scale model - a replica of the studio scale Death Star Turbo Laser turret, which ILM constructed as a working miniature. I would like to also incorporate these features into my model - elevation, rotation, barrel(s) recoil, and muzzle flash.
Here is a video showing the model in action:
Here is a sense of what we are talking about:
Is there any one here who can give some advice on what to get? Do I need to buy a Heng Long tank kit to cannibalize the parts I need, or can I order Tamiya/Clark Model components off the shelf and get what I'm after? I love the recoil seen in this video, as it has a pretty nice slow-return.
I know VERY LITTLE about RC stuff. I'm also willing to pay for someone's services in helping me build what I need. It'd be amazing to have something ready to go for a model display in mid September...

Thanks for reading!
Old 07-29-2013, 06:51 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Newbie question - odd

Are you sure that you are in the right forum?
Old 07-30-2013, 03:20 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Newbie question - odd

You should find some help if you post your question here:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_369/tt.htm