Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

What is wrong with RCG?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 06:19 PM
topspin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
Please don't use the word "we",, every forum has snobs, trolls, newbies, etc. etc,RCG does have a large EP following, which is all good, but they have plenty of IC threads too, many of the same people here post there as well.I browse a just a few forums there, and only browse about 10 forums here,, just the ones that interets me,, there are way to many here or there to know all that's going onNot hard to notice RCGs most visous haters are guys that have been banned for trolling there,, hard to like the moderators when they kicked you out for causing trouble, no suprize there. And before you believe that guys are kicked out unfairly,, they have a very detailed system of aquiring points and warnings and time outs, and apeals before you get perminantly banned. I doubt anyone who's being honest believes they just kick people out for no reason.
Nice try Happy.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:31 PM
JPMacG
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only thing I can see wrong with RCG is that there are too many forums and the forums are grouped in a confusing manner, so it is sometimes hard for me to find the topic I am looking for. Otherwise, it's no better or worse than RCU. I like RCU for glow engines and kit building. I like RCG for electronics and radio discussions.

Last edited by JPMacG; 08-12-2013 at 07:35 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:35 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Hey John, yours is the first response to my question with an actual answer. Most of the others have been an attack on me for advocating RCG (where the hell did that come from?) rather than an answer to my question. I had no idea I would get such heated responses to such a simple question. Good hearing from someone who read the question, formulated an answer, and responded.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:59 PM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

So what was post #13... canned spam???

Old 08-13-2013, 01:16 PM
hookedonrc

Originally Posted by JollyPopper
Hey John, yours is the first response to my question with an actual answer. Most of the others have been an attack on me for advocating RCG (where the hell did that come from?) rather than an answer to my question. I had no idea I would get such heated responses to such a simple question. Good hearing from someone who read the question, formulated an answer, and responded.
Hey Jolly,
Based on your responses, I took the time to reread your OP, I owe you an apology. Coming on the heals of the recent upgrade and it's problems it just seemed to stem from that. I see now that I was wrong.....sorry
Old 08-13-2013, 02:14 PM
jessiej

RCG looks better every day.

jess
Old 08-13-2013, 03:50 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by JollyPopper
I must say JP, your amazement that the thread turned confrontational so quickly surprises me,,, maybe you should read the OP you posted over again. I read it as you asked for a fight, and got it, I'm not surprised at all.

Last edited by scale only 4 me; 08-13-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:54 PM
JollyPopper

scale only 4 me. I did go back and reread the original post and I still don't see where I asked for a fight. Was it because I asked if we (I included myself ) are a bunch of snobs or because I asked if the hobby were not big enough to support two forums? Please advise me how I could have worded such a simple question without being confrontational. What phrase or phrases were confrontational?
Old 08-13-2013, 05:20 PM
SeaJay

I have gotten good advice, and content from RCG, I don't have a problem with the people, or the information contained therein. I do However, like the format of RCU much better.. I like the RCU HeartBeat, the way the forums are laid out, etc. I just find that RCU is an easier site to navigate!!

Craig.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:26 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

JP,
The whole gist of pitting one group against another is going to be confrontational, maybe you didn't intend to do that, but that's what happened., The guys that attacked you most visiously are guys that have been banned there, so no suprise when you rattle their cage the animals gets mad. Don't think you could have worded it in a way that would have had a different result,, juss sayin

My "We" referance is to your assertion that "We" talk down about other forums, espesially RCG, I don't and I don't think the majority of RCU user do either,, That just a small minority making a lot of noise.

good luck
Old 08-13-2013, 05:57 PM
ARUP

I like RCG as much as any other forum. If anything, there seems to be less bickering there than here. That is just my personal, anecdotal, observation. I have no statistics to support that statement. My build threads get more 'hits' there, too. There IS evidence to support that, lol.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:54 AM
Maximilionalpha

What has happened to my "RCU Shot Of The Moment", photo? This is my one major gripe with RCU, they stick the same mundane, boring "Shot of the moment", photo up and keep it there for years! Mine was up, for barely a few days, along with several others and then......"WHAMO", back to the bipe with the RCU name plastered all over it!
Old 08-14-2013, 03:47 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I've been a member here since before it was RCU and on RCG for a long time. Poor moderation over there. I'm a boater and the members seem to rule the roost there as if you post in the wrong forum or sometimes not, they'll ream you a new one.
Next, it's an Us vs. Them thing, each trying to have bragging rights over who has the most members, postings, et cetera.
Yes, the downtime here and the new format has members trying to get their RC fix. It's frustrating getting in and out of here, signing in and the other new bugs as it isn't the smooth transition that was supposed to happen.
Event coverage. RCG seemed to pull off the Toledo Show better than here. It seemed to fizzle off here but a lot of behind the scenes things kind of messed that up. RCG being immature? I have to agree with that. The "Dukes of Hazzard" stunt they did a few years back was lame at best.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:06 AM
LSP972

Originally Posted by Ron Olson
I
Yes, the downtime here and the new format has members trying to get their RC fix. It's frustrating getting in and out of here, signing in and the other new bugs as it isn't the smooth transition that was supposed to happen..
Yup. NOTHING is more aggravating than to have spent 20 minutes typing a detailed response to someone, click on "post now", and... it just sits there, because the site has gone down. I was hoping that these changes we've been promised would stop all of that, but it happened again to me last night. And I'm still having to do the log in dance every time I visit the site.

Hopefully all of this will get "fixed" soon.

Old 08-14-2013, 04:21 AM
Maximilionalpha

Originally Posted by LSP972
Yup. NOTHING is more aggravating than to have spent 20 minutes typing a detailed response to someone, click on "post now", and... it just sits there, because the site has gone down. I was hoping that these changes we've been promised would stop all of that, but it happened again to me last night. And I'm still having to do the log in dance every time I visit the site.

Hopefully all of this will get "fixed" soon.

Maybe you just need to fix your browsers settings to "Save Passwords" and that will eliminate constant manual log in's. I stay away from this site for weeks and can come back still logged in, as long as I haven't cleared my browsers cache and history.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:18 AM
TonyBuilder
My Feedback: (11)

Been working flawlessly for me, I have been posting every day on my build log with no bugs at all.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:15 AM
LSP972

Originally Posted by Maximilionalpha
Maybe you just need to fix your browsers settings to "Save Passwords"
It is. No issues with any of the other various forums I visit. And I cleared out all old RCU cookies, etc.

And I'm not the only one with the log-in-every-visit issue.

Old 08-14-2013, 11:38 AM
Maximilionalpha

Originally Posted by LSP972
It is. No issues with any of the other various forums I visit. And I cleared out all old RCU cookies, etc.

And I'm not the only one with the log-in-every-visit issue.

Which web browser, are you using? Chrome is pretty good at keeping login info saved.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:33 PM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Unbelievable! After coming in here using a link from an e-mail I'm in here now without having to go through the fun of logging in or anything else! It's a good thing that I'm sitting down!
Old 08-14-2013, 02:15 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

My thought is that if you spend more time on RCU, it's because RCU has more information/people that is geared or pertaining to your aspects of the hobby. I am sure there are plenty of people here that think RCU is better, and plenty of people at RCG that think that site is better.

This site has more information that is relevant to the parts of the hobby that I like, and the attitude and mentality of most of the people I interact works well with me.

Nothing wrong with either site (minding the computer bugs). It is nice to have both, and not have a bunch of RC sites that are all the same.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:18 PM
TonyBuilder
My Feedback: (11)

Originally Posted by gaRCfield
My thought is that if you spend more time on RCU, it's because RCU has more information/people that is geared or pertaining to your aspects of the hobby. I am sure there are plenty of people here that think RCU is better, and plenty of people at RCG that think that site is better.

This site has more information that is relevant to the parts of the hobby that I like, and the attitude and mentality of most of the people I interact works well with me.

Nothing wrong with either site (minding the computer bugs). It is nice to have both, and not have a bunch of RC sites that are all the same.
Exactly!

TB
Old 08-14-2013, 06:46 PM
Giant_Scale_Gasser
My Feedback: (84)

Originally Posted by flycatch
Believe it or not the difference is the caliber of modelers who use this site compared to those that use the other.

Oh brother....
Old 08-15-2013, 02:26 AM
dasquirrelisme
My Feedback: (81)

Neither one is better than the other. You don't have to pick sides on this. This hobby has many facets and I will take the information from wherever I can get it. Sometimes its on RCU and Sometimes its RCG.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:07 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Both sites have their ups and downs, but the real modelers are over at RCSCALE Builder because they have to pay to use it they don't waste their time getting into silly subjects as this
Old 08-15-2013, 10:33 AM
Mtthwacrss

I use both and like them both. I have got just as much good info and bought on both with no trouble. I like to have more that one place to get info must have something to do with being an old USAF Intel guy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.