Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

horizon hobbies service

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 09:43 AM
macdona
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default horizon hobbies service

How the heck does Horizon make money on repairs? They have the best service I ever seen in repair work and so far hasn't cost me a thing. They must have chimps working for bananas.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:11 AM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't ask, don't tell . Enjoy !!! Red
Old 08-13-2013, 02:54 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

By not charging for repairs......they make it up in volume
Old 08-18-2013, 09:51 AM
Gixxy
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you Horizon ! I don't think we can say this enough when it comes to their customer service
Old 08-19-2013, 06:11 AM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The profit margin on much of this hobby stuff is such that, many times, its more cost-effective for them just to "give you a new one" rather than pay a technician to repair the broken one. If you have ever had anything repaired at Radio South, you'll understand this concept. Tony Stillman knows what he is doing, and his work is exemplary; but its going to cost you in terms of labor wages. Which is proper and normal, not throwing rocks at Mr. Stillman.

I was told specifically that this is the case regarding Futaba servos and receivers at Great Planes/Hobbico, and in fact have been the recipient of it. This was a few years back, but I sent in some older receivers and servos, and most of them were deemed "unrepairable" and I was offered a new one at half price. I am familiar with several guys who had Futaba and/or Hobbico servos strip a gear or output shaft spline, that were replaced free and no questions asked because they were relatively new and no doubt still considered under warranty (my stuff wasn't).

But your point remains... generally, we are treated quite well by the big hobby retailers.