The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hobbyking service

Reply

Old 09-05-2013, 12:28 PM
  #101  
topspin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sterling, VA
Posts: 1,158
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by LDM View Post
Rob , nice meeting you coworker , where are you spending your $100?? lol
Amazing , the thought process , really amazes me .
Its my hobby , and now I am going to turn it into a job for $100 because I happened to like a company based on value and service that I have enjoyed .
I guess I am on a lot of payrolls lol, I just don't seem to be getting any wealthier .
Hobby King , can I have a logo and shirt please and perhaps a hat as well , I might as well look official
I'm sure Rob can provide you with those....
topspin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:33 PM
  #102  
topspin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sterling, VA
Posts: 1,158
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by On2_n_On4 View Post
well I don't wanna keep going off topic, but not everything "MADE IN USA" is the best. (cough..cars...cough...electronics...cough,cough)
I also have things from the 60's, 70's and 80's, none of them were made in the USA., (made in Japan, Italy,Germany., etc...)
I'm not defending HK, I just want to clear up that (nonsense old school theory) that everything made in the USA.. is "the best"
You know for years I would only buy German or Japanese automobiles but I recently bought a Ford and I am amazed with the quality and the technology. We all know that most RC hobby stuff is made overseas and not all Chinese made goods are junk but the good stuff is not cheap. Hobby King sells name brand stuff like Futaba and they are not cheap at all compared to their other stuff. Add the cost of shipping and it works out to be within a few bucks of US distributors who don't charge shipping on those items.

Your argument is correct in some aspects but not very relevent to the topic.
topspin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:43 PM
  #103  
LDM
My Feedback: (15)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Denver, PA
Posts: 9,315
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

I am not going to knock the USA companies or distributors , considering i am getting paid so much from hobby king I must continue to post mindless loyalty towards my leader .
I have a spectrum trans , wont go to anything else , but I have used the orange receivers from Hobby King , problem free .
I was totally afraid to do so and to date have not found one issue .
As far as Hitec h55 , I also found replacements with medal gears at 1/3 the cost on the HK site , dont know the HK number , shame on me but i am still new with HK and dont know all the item numbers yet .
This is the funny thing about this hobby we tout brand names bla bla bla , then go to the RCU sales area we bash a guy who trys to get a return on his investment on brand names lol , every time the same thing .
If a poor soul has to sell his good , forbid him if he try's to break even or take a 30% loss , he better be at 50% or more !!
Yep , that is what you get when you stick with brand names, you pay major dollars , and your resale is less then 25 at receipt of goods !!!!
Enjoy the Hobby Fellas and buy and pay as you wish , no worries on my end , I am happy with my current methods and so is my wallet
LDM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:32 PM
  #104  
Tony Iannucelli
My Feedback: (190)
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Parrish, FL
Posts: 382
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Just received my order #110 from Hobby King. A total of three minor problems in all those products. Service has been fine. Latest issue took 20 minutes to explain and solve on Live Chat. The issue was actually my fault, and they fixed it. I've also been informed I am a "platinum member" and also, now, an "elite club" member with a line to the boss. Pretty sweet. According to some of you it's only a matter of time before they start sending me money, shirts, free stuff, etc. Looking forward to it. One can only hope.
Tony Iannucelli is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:34 PM
  #105  
On2_n_On4
Senior Member
 
On2_n_On4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 734
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by topspin View Post
Your argument is correct in some aspects but not very relevent to the topic.
to the topic? no... to erik valdez reply? yes
On2_n_On4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:03 PM
  #106  
countilaw
 
countilaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Grand Prairie, TX
Posts: 1,277
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Notice how Rob makes one post right after another. Do you guys get paid by the post? Must be, that's the only reason you make post after posts, kinda like answering your own posts. LMAO

Rob, I don't even bother reading your posts, because it burns you up to read mine and you have to fire off a post in a rebuttal. LMAO

Frank
countilaw is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:19 PM
  #107  
topspin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sterling, VA
Posts: 1,158
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by Tony Iannucelli View Post
Just received my order #110 from Hobby King. A total of three minor problems in all those products. Service has been fine. Latest issue took 20 minutes to explain and solve on Live Chat. The issue was actually my fault, and they fixed it. I've also been informed I am a "platinum member" and also, now, an "elite club" member with a line to the boss. Pretty sweet. According to some of you it's only a matter of time before they start sending me money, shirts, free stuff, etc. Looking forward to it. One can only hope.
It only takes about ten orders to become a Platinum member, are you sure you don't mean 10 orders?
topspin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:23 PM
  #108  
topspin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sterling, VA
Posts: 1,158
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by countilaw View Post
Notice how Rob makes one post right after another. Do you guys get paid by the post? Must be, that's the only reason you make post after posts, kinda like answering your own posts. LMAO

Rob, I don't even bother reading your posts, because it burns you up to read mine and you have to fire off a post in a rebuttal. LMAO

Frank
With 400 orders I should think so. I don't think I have made 400 orders in total in the last ten years and I have more planes than anyone I know. You really have to wonder about the credibility of those kinds of statements and put them in perspective. No one in their right mind would go to such an extreme level to defend a hobby shop unless they were being compensated in some way.
topspin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:15 PM
  #109  
warningshot
 
warningshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: OU-OSU OK
Posts: 484
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by topspin View Post
With
I should think so. I don't think I have made 400 orders in total in the last ten years and I have more planes than anyone I know. You really have to wonder about the credibility of those kinds of statements and put them in perspective. No one in their right mind would go to such an extreme level to defend a hobby shop unless they were being compensated in some way.
Topspin. You might want to go back and read post #86.
warningshot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:26 PM
  #110  
LDM
My Feedback: (15)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Denver, PA
Posts: 9,315
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Considering this thread adds no value at this point but enless bashing and is clearly being moderated and adjusted , I want to attempt to add some value for those who may be confused on and if they should purchase from Hobby King .
A) back to the basic rules of doing business with Hobby King
1)never order items on back order or out of stock ---never ever
2)pay with pay pal , you can always file a grevance if needed and get your money back
3)read the reviews especially on esc, batterys and motors , they change brands and suppliers and it can change quality
4)On lipos the NanoTech brand is quite good and worth the purchase vs other expensive brands
5)easy purchases that really make sence are props, spinners , wheels ect
6)The orange 2.4 receiver (spectrum copies ) have been great at 7 channels and less , higher have reports of problems
7) can not speak for the orange Futaba copies at all
8) the new Copies of DLE engine seem to have problems , personally I would advoide them (my own opinion )
9)Retracts -you will see the Brand Turnegy , the problem is that many of these are the Lanseng Brand , the company really means well but I am still not convinced that the eboard have the tolerance to work slow free . Some USA guys are working with Lanseng but I am not convinced they are problem free. Your better off trying the FMS brand sold by Motion Rc in Florida , Veteran run business but these retract range from 60 and under size planes , so you cany exceed 12 lbs in weight . If you need larger eletric retracts try ESM or Parkflyers .com, they have a new P40 set for $179 .
Robart is still way off in reasonable cost as they have to source to many parts to make there eletric retracts function .
10) Glow , have not seen anything worth trying , they were useing the same factory as Magnum and making the copies ( name escapes me at this time)
11)Servos , read the reviews , some of the servos are incredible in value and function /cost , especailly the medal gear H55 knockoffs
12) wont buy the transmitters even if they were $10 , read to many problems on them
13) there smaller eplanes that are copies of the Great planes smaller format wood line are not worth the purchase because Great PLanes has price parity in this segment
14) If you want a good EPO format Hobby King is best for Jets vs prop planes . FMS sold by Motion is at the top of the prop line , LX is really nice but only avaible thru Bananha hobby and you dont want to get started on that company lol , however the LX planes are really great. As an earlier posted said , the Hobby King Durafly brand is nice but the planes are small for my taiste
15) So in closing I hope that allows those that really want facts to make an educated decison .
16) as far as eletric retracts i consider myself way ahead of the curve with 5 years of experience in what has been release if you have any question feel free to PM me so I dont get accused of selling anyt particular brand. I am still tesing my 3.5 esm Corsair retracts , verdict is still out
LDM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:50 PM
  #111  
perreback
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sundom, FINLAND
Posts: 365
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Good, sensible reading, LDM.
perreback is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:58 PM
  #112  
LDM
My Feedback: (15)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Denver, PA
Posts: 9,315
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Thank you Perre !
LDM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:46 PM
  #113  
ira d
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Moreno Valley, CA
Posts: 3,089
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by LDM View Post
Considering this thread adds no value at this point but enless bashing and is clearly being moderated and adjusted , I want to attempt to add some value for those who may be confused on and if they should purchase from Hobby King .
A) back to the basic rules of doing business with Hobby King
1)never order items on back order or out of stock ---never ever
2)pay with pay pal , you can always file a grevance if needed and get your money back
3)read the reviews especially on esc, batterys and motors , they change brands and suppliers and it can change quality
4)On lipos the NanoTech brand is quite good and worth the purchase vs other expensive brands
5)easy purchases that really make sence are props, spinners , wheels ect
6)The orange 2.4 receiver (spectrum copies ) have been great at 7 channels and less , higher have reports of problems
7) can not speak for the orange Futaba copies at all
8) the new Copies of DLE engine seem to have problems , personally I would advoide them (my own opinion )
9)Retracts -you will see the Brand Turnegy , the problem is that many of these are the Lanseng Brand , the company really means well but I am still not convinced that the eboard have the tolerance to work slow free . Some USA guys are working with Lanseng but I am not convinced they are problem free. Your better off trying the FMS brand sold by Motion Rc in Florida , Veteran run business but these retract range from 60 and under size planes , so you cany exceed 12 lbs in weight . If you need larger eletric retracts try ESM or Parkflyers .com, they have a new P40 set for $179 .
Robart is still way off in reasonable cost as they have to source to many parts to make there eletric retracts function .
10) Glow , have not seen anything worth trying , they were useing the same factory as Magnum and making the copies ( name escapes me at this time)
11)Servos , read the reviews , some of the servos are incredible in value and function /cost , especailly the medal gear H55 knockoffs
12) wont buy the transmitters even if they were $10 , read to many problems on them
13) there smaller eplanes that are copies of the Great planes smaller format wood line are not worth the purchase because Great PLanes has price parity in this segment
14) If you want a good EPO format Hobby King is best for Jets vs prop planes . FMS sold by Motion is at the top of the prop line , LX is really nice but only avaible thru Bananha hobby and you dont want to get started on that company lol , however the LX planes are really great. As an earlier posted said , the Hobby King Durafly brand is nice but the planes are small for my taiste
15) So in closing I hope that allows those that really want facts to make an educated decison .
16) as far as eletric retracts i consider myself way ahead of the curve with 5 years of experience in what has been release if you have any question feel free to PM me so I dont get accused of selling anyt particular brand. I am still tesing my 3.5 esm Corsair retracts , verdict is still out
If you need to take all the precautions that you suggest just to do business with a company why bother?
ira d is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:02 AM
  #114  
Rob2160
Senior Member
 
Rob2160's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 4,786
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by LDM View Post
Considering this thread adds no value at this point but enless bashing and is clearly being moderated and adjusted , I want to attempt to add some value for those who may be confused on and if they should purchase from Hobby King .
A) back to the basic rules of doing business with Hobby King
1)never order items on back order or out of stock ---never ever
2)pay with pay pal , you can always file a grevance if needed and get your money back
3)read the reviews especially on esc, batterys and motors , they change brands and suppliers and it can change quality
4)On lipos the NanoTech brand is quite good and worth the purchase vs other expensive brands
5)easy purchases that really make sence are props, spinners , wheels ect
6)The orange 2.4 receiver (spectrum copies ) have been great at 7 channels and less , higher have reports of problems
7) can not speak for the orange Futaba copies at all
8) the new Copies of DLE engine seem to have problems , personally I would advoide them (my own opinion )
9)Retracts -you will see the Brand Turnegy , the problem is that many of these are the Lanseng Brand , the company really means well but I am still not convinced that the eboard have the tolerance to work slow free . Some USA guys are working with Lanseng but I am not convinced they are problem free. Your better off trying the FMS brand sold by Motion Rc in Florida , Veteran run business but these retract range from 60 and under size planes , so you cany exceed 12 lbs in weight . If you need larger eletric retracts try ESM or Parkflyers .com, they have a new P40 set for $179 .
Robart is still way off in reasonable cost as they have to source to many parts to make there eletric retracts function .
10) Glow , have not seen anything worth trying , they were useing the same factory as Magnum and making the copies ( name escapes me at this time)
11)Servos , read the reviews , some of the servos are incredible in value and function /cost , especailly the medal gear H55 knockoffs
12) wont buy the transmitters even if they were $10 , read to many problems on them
13) there smaller eplanes that are copies of the Great planes smaller format wood line are not worth the purchase because Great PLanes has price parity in this segment
14) If you want a good EPO format Hobby King is best for Jets vs prop planes . FMS sold by Motion is at the top of the prop line , LX is really nice but only avaible thru Bananha hobby and you dont want to get started on that company lol , however the LX planes are really great. As an earlier posted said , the Hobby King Durafly brand is nice but the planes are small for my taiste
15) So in closing I hope that allows those that really want facts to make an educated decison .
16) as far as eletric retracts i consider myself way ahead of the curve with 5 years of experience in what has been release if you have any question feel free to PM me so I dont get accused of selling anyt particular brand. I am still tesing my 3.5 esm Corsair retracts , verdict is still out
All excellent advice and I fully concur

As for Point #7 - the Orange FASST receivers are excellent - as good as an original Futaba for 1/3rd the cost.

I use several of them in Helis and fixed wing, zero issues in more than 2 years and hundreds of flights.

Here is a vid of the Orange FASST during a range check. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMet7-BEQWc

Last edited by Rob2160; 09-06-2013 at 12:12 AM.
Rob2160 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:49 AM
  #115  
Rob2160
Senior Member
 
Rob2160's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 4,786
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by topspin View Post
With 400 orders I should think so. I don't think I have made 400 orders in total in the last ten years and I have more planes than anyone I know. You really have to wonder about the credibility of those kinds of statements and put them in perspective. No one in their right mind would go to such an extreme level to defend a hobby shop unless they were being compensated in some way.
I can help you put it in perspective..

1. Spent 23 years of my life on a Cop salary / supplemented by doing flight instruction at a local flying school - essentially working 7 days a week
2. In Dec 2008 was offered a great Corporate Pilot job in Perth for 3 times the salary - yes THREE times
3. Started the new job which entailed flying 4 or 5 days a month - giving me 25 days free EVERY month..
4. For the first time in my life.. lots of spare time.. with lots of extra cash.. what to do??

I spent the first year buying every model train I ever wanted - the 2nd year I got bored with the trains - and came back to RC - got totally hooked on RC Helicopters..

I flew them on average 25 times a day, 25 days per month..

Building a Heli takes on average 3-4 days - flight testing etc, another few days.. for almost a year I was building a new heli every month - just to keep myself occupied.

Each heli requires numerous parts to complete... I would often buy 3 or 4 different motors for each helicopter purely to test various configurations.

Also bought dozens of tools, servo testers, chargers, telemetry units.

139 orders over 3 years - that averages less than 1 order per week - several items per order.. sounds about right.

If you like I will post the contents of every single order and you can count them for yourself?

This vid was made during the "crossover" from Trains to Helis in June 2010...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FAEnDyA-70 Hornby and Kato paid me lots of money to post my train videos also..

Last edited by Rob2160; 09-06-2013 at 05:07 AM.
Rob2160 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:38 AM
  #116  
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)
 
scale only 4 me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Avon Lake, OH
Posts: 9,724
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by topspin View Post
Why? Did he whisper to you?
There was no need,, not suprised you didn't get that
scale only 4 me is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:41 AM
  #117  
bth9318
My Feedback: (24)
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: muskegon, MI
Posts: 37
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

omg rob stop. im laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes and my wife is wondering *** im looking at. hobbyking island that's great. sign me up please. on a more serious note I do love how you have backed everything you have said up with FACTS not opinion or ignorance. I challenge the others to do the same. Ldm your list of hobbyking rules is almost spot on. The nano batteries are great, the hxt 9 gr servos are good, my cheap ecko six charger is 2 yrs old and still going strong, their one meter led strip lights are great, I have the turnigy 9x radio for 2 yrs now no issues they where so cheap I bought 2 and the second one is still in the box, be sure to range check the recievers out of ten 6 and 8 channel I did have 2 bad 8 ch but at 9 dollars a piece I just throw away and think of the 5-700 hundred I saved by not buying jr or futaba 2.4, the deans style battery plugs are great. Say what you want but hobby king and others like them should be opening your eyes to the absolutely ridiculous mark up the usa distributers have been doing to us for years. I would buy from tower and the like if they where even remotely competitive. You will never convince me that customer service makes the dx9 cost over $200 more than the frysky taranis and in my opinion the taranis is the better radio. but in their defense horizon hobby did lower their receiver prices [h=3]AR635 6-Channel AS3X Sport Receiver[/h]By: Spektrum
Item: SPMAR635
In Stock Out Of Stock
Avg. Customer Rating: 5.00000
(16)
Qualifies for Free Shipping* (View Details)
Price: Reg. $119.99 new low price $99.99
and look at that they even through in free shipping
wow with deals like that I may just sell all my hobbyking stuff add $500 dollars to it and fly one plane this year.
bth9318 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:56 AM
  #118  
init4fun
 
init4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,074
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
It's been said before in other threads . It is a known FACT that HK advertises for paid forum reps to promote their products . Fine ! No problem yet so far . A lot of other companies have their paid forum reps , great guys like Bax for futaba and others . And ya know what ??? Each and every one of the reputable companies that have forum reps have their reps PROUDLY wear their company name in their avatars . Now , , , NOT ONE !!!!!!!! person wears the HK badge on these forums and yet we see these tireless defenders who are doing this for what ??? Kicks ? Company loyalty ? BUNK !!!! Are we to really believe that NOT ONE person took HK up on their $100 offer , or are we to believe that maybe a few did , as evidenced by the ardent defence a few seem to put up for a company that they supposedly have NO financial stake in ?

"If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck" ........ Sure been a WHOLE lotta quackin goin on here from the HK faithfull ..... Maybe just a bit TOO much to be believable to the casual observer ...

Funny that , It appears that a full search of RCU has turned up not one single member who represents themselves as an HK employee acting as a forum representative . And yet there is that HK ad , advertising for paid forum reps .... Now , once everyone has gotten past the well laid smokescreen that Rob has put out (making this thread about himself , rather than the issues with HK) it would be nice to see what the HK faithfull think of the fact that not a SINGLE person ever took HK up on their offer . Was HK just THAT disreputable that NO rc hobbyist in their right mind would associate their name with them ? Is their legendary customer disservice SO notorious that even some average joe nobody wouldn't tie their name to them ? Could that be the reason we have no identified "official" HK reps on board ? Or could it be that maybe , just maybe , a few folks DID take the job , but dare not identify themselves for fear of the mountain of customer service complaints that would fill their inbox in the minutes after they publicly wore the HK avatar ?

Attack me all ya want , but the simple glaring fact of the ad for forum reps coupled with NO one admitting HK financial association makes the tireless defenders look mighty suspicious to me . Now if HK cared enough about their customers to actually take care of Dirtybird's ESC (remember that ? ya know , the lack of customer service that started this thread in the first place ?) maybe they wouldn't need to hire sneaky "Nope ! not me ! I ain't an employee !!!" defenders who are as easy to see through as a clean window ,,,,,,
init4fun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:01 AM
  #119  
perreback
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sundom, FINLAND
Posts: 365
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

"I had a visit from Heidi, Helga (?) and Olga. They're the Swedish girls that operate the warehouse in Sweden". Apparently these girls are imported from Switzerland, Poland and Russia, respectively. Stay away from those girls, Rob.
perreback is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:17 AM
  #120  
init4fun
 
init4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,074
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by perreback View Post
"I had a visit from Heidi, Helga (?) and Olga. They're the Swedish girls that operate the warehouse in Sweden". Apparently these girls are imported from Switzerland, Poland and Russia, respectively. Stay away from those girls, Rob.
Is this supposed to be an intelligent response ? I thought we were discussing HobbyKing's lack of customer service ? What does Rob and Swedish women have to do with the fact that HK did Dirtybird wrong on the ESC ? If you want to discuss off topic drivel would you please take it elsewhere ? Real people have real problems with HK that they would like to discuss here , specifically HK's lack of customer service . Now , if any HK reps would like to step up and take care of dirtybird's failed ESC that would really be most welcome right about now . Oh wait , My bad , , , THERE ARE NO HK COMPANY REPS HERE , , , right ????

Ok , HK reps , Dirtybird is waiting ..............

(cue the sound of crickets chirping)
init4fun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:20 AM
  #121  
perreback
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sundom, FINLAND
Posts: 365
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Well, intelligent responses have hardly been the main ingredient in this thread anyway --- with some notable exceptions --- so calm down.
perreback is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:54 AM
  #122  
init4fun
 
init4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,074
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by perreback View Post
Well, intelligent responses have hardly been the main ingredient in this thread anyway --- with some notable exceptions --- so calm down.
Yep , that's right , it's all fun and games when it's somebody else who got screwed out of the price of an ESC , huh ? How would you like it if it were YOU who bought a product that was failed right out of the box , had to pay to fix it yourself , and then got nothing but grief from a bunch of that company's employees who won't even identify themselves publicly when ya rightfully complain about it on line ?? Would it still be funny then ??? You little "calm down" taunt is a joke , I'm perfectly calm and willing to discuss why Dirtybird had to buy TWO escs to get his buggy going (yes , two , the original one that failed and it's replacement) , Now , proper customer service would have had HK replacing the ESC at their expense PERIOD Nothing else matters and is all BS and smoke intended to distract from the fact that HK will NOT stand behind anything they sell . The fact I keep bringing up about the company reps is highly relevant here as it points to a general policy of dishonesty when dealing with the customer . Yes , it IS cheaper to pay a few guys to shoot down bad press on line , rather than to fix the multitudes of bad product , but is that really what our hobby deserves ?

Hobbyking screwed Dirtybird out of an ESC . That is the bottom line here . Everything else is just so much smoke in the wind , , , It'll evaporate and the fact will remain , shop at HK at your own risk .......
init4fun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:01 AM
  #123  
init4fun
 
init4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,074
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
Is this supposed to be an intelligent response ? I thought we were discussing HobbyKing's lack of customer service ? What does Rob and Swedish women have to do with the fact that HK did Dirtybird wrong on the ESC ? If you want to discuss off topic drivel would you please take it elsewhere ? Real people have real problems with HK that they would like to discuss here , specifically HK's lack of customer service . Now , if any HK reps would like to step up and take care of dirtybird's failed ESC that would really be most welcome right about now . Oh wait , My bad , , , THERE ARE NO HK COMPANY REPS HERE , , , right ????

Ok , HK reps , Dirtybird is waiting ..............

(cue the sound of crickets chirping)
And yes , I'm still waiting for the HK rep to come and fix Dirtybird's esc , ya know , like how Horizon has Andy who comes on to help with Spektrum and Hobbico has Bax to help with Futaba ? They're forum reps who help their company's customers with product difficulties . I know HK advertised for some forum reps , , , Anyone seen any around who might like to help out Ol Dirtybird with his ESC ???
init4fun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:08 AM
  #124  
perreback
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sundom, FINLAND
Posts: 365
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
How would you like it if it were YOU who bought a product that was failed right out of the box , had to pay to fix it yourself , and then got nothing but grief from a bunch of that company's employees who won't even identify themselves publicly when ya rightfully complain about it on line ??
I wouldn't like it one bit, obviously. Fortunately for me, though, my experiences with HK have been nothing but positive --- so far. I just put in two new orders yesterday, actually (sometimes it makes sense to have two smaller packages sent rather than one big one), and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything will be all right this time, too --- as I expect it will.

"Calm down" because I don't like it when people make snotty remarks at me --- as far as I know, I hadn't made one at you.
perreback is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:26 AM
  #125  
init4fun
 
init4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,074
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by perreback View Post
I wouldn't like it one bit, obviously. Fortunately for me, though, my experiences with HK have been nothing but positive --- so far. I just put in two new orders yesterday, actually (sometimes it makes sense to have two smaller packages sent rather than one big one), and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything will be all right this time, too --- as I expect it will.

"Calm down" because I don't like it when people make snotty remarks at me --- as far as I know, I hadn't made one at you.
Ok Great , so now that we've gotten past this being about us , we'll just have to sit back and watch as HK's customer service takes care of Dirtybird's failed ESC , right ?

Any guesses as to how long it's gonna take an HK company rep to show up here and save the day for poor ol Dirtybird ????

Curious potential this interesting communication medium possesses , it sure seems to work well for Horizon and Hobbico ... I wonder if HK cares as much about their customers as Horizon and Hobbico do so as to put in place REAL customer service , no useless photographs of a darned right well failed ESC required ????
init4fun is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy