Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

How would have liked to have been this Iranian pilot?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

How would have liked to have been this Iranian pilot?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 03:15 PM
Ram-bro
My Feedback: (101)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default How would have liked to have been this Iranian pilot?

The F22 in action..... I imagine the Iranian pilots got to stress load their "G" Suits during this encounter.....or maybe it should be "S" suit?

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...=airforce-a.nl
Old 09-18-2013, 09:15 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

love it!! Stick to magic carpets!!

Now so wish the RAAF would get upgraded versions of the F22 instead of piddly F35's ......

Why is it that US fighters ar not fitted with IRST system as standard kit? Especaily on a F22!! Yes F14 had them from day one. Super Hornet now has them as an option ....

F16 exported to UAE also had them but not USAF .....

Bean counters no doubt hard at work.

My soap box for the day and it does relate to warbirds too.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:56 AM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love it. Would have loved to see the look on the Iranians face. "Where the hell did that come from?"
Edwin
Old 09-19-2013, 03:46 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

that will teach them to hack and steal drones, so far several ScanEagles, Predators and the latest a RQ-170 Stealth drone. Seams they are getting very good at hacking these drones.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:53 PM
2walla
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys may want to think about putting the shoe on the other foot. We fly armed military aircraft within their airspace all the time. Why shouldnt they try to stop them? We wouldnt put up with any countries military aircraft flying in our airspace. Why should the rest of the world have to put up with us doing it?
Old 09-26-2013, 08:36 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 2walla
We wouldnt put up with any countries military aircraft flying in our airspace. Why should the rest of the world have to put up with us doing it?
In the case of Iran, probably because they are a rogue nation that has expressed their desire and intent to wipe another country from the face of the earth no matter the consequences to themselves or anyone else. Just sayin...
Old 09-27-2013, 02:27 AM
Lifer

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Chad,

Plus 1!!!

(Air Force Vet.)
Old 09-27-2013, 04:15 AM
Ram-bro

I think at the time of this incident it was over international waters/airspace. I dont think the US would admit to putting an F22 in Irans airspace. that is more or less a declaration of war.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:39 PM
skillet92

@ Chad not trying to start an argument or political discussion, but when did we become the policeman of the world. And this from a guy that is on the blunt end of American policing for the last 16+ years. And while I do agree with ya on the Iran comment where are we when china kills thousands of people or India or Russia or any other "rogue" nation? Say what you want we would have no interest in that country if they did not sit next to a certain product. "oil" And before you criticize me I was all for going into Iraq ( the UN had already justified it) I just felt that we did not have a proper after action plan.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:38 PM
da Rock

The RC warbird and warplane Forum is about Radio Control Warbirds and Warplanes. Let's keep it to that.

RCUniverse.com is focused on R/C. Accordingly, topics must remain R/C related.
[*]We do not permit political, social, religious, or other off-topic discussions. There are many places online to express your opinions on issues outside of RC so "RC" Universe is designed to be a place to talk just about RC.

Last edited by da Rock; 09-28-2013 at 12:07 AM.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:47 AM
topspin

I have never seen an RC F-4. You would think someone would have modeled it by now but I guess it's too old and not sexy enough for the EDF crowd.

Last edited by topspin; 09-28-2013 at 07:50 AM.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:43 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by topspin
I have never seen an RC F-4. You would think someone would have modeled it by now but I guess it's too old and not sexy enough for the EDF crowd.
here ya go,, http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._jet_pnf_.html

just razzing ya

funny though they are still flying those Jets we must have sold the Shaw in the 70's
Old 09-28-2013, 08:50 AM
topspin

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
here ya go,, http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._jet_pnf_.html

just razzing ya

funny though they are still flying those Jets we must have sold the Shaw in the 70's

It's cool, I meant a good one though you know like Nitro Planes.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:52 AM
Chad Veich

Originally Posted by skillet92
@ Chad not trying to start an argument or political discussion, but when did we become the policeman of the world. And this from a guy that is on the blunt end of American policing for the last 16+ years. And while I do agree with ya on the Iran comment where are we when china kills thousands of people or India or Russia or any other "rogue" nation? Say what you want we would have no interest in that country if they did not sit next to a certain product. "oil" And before you criticize me I was all for going into Iraq ( the UN had already justified it) I just felt that we did not have a proper after action plan.
I appreciate your comments Michael and I think we would probaby agree on more things than we would disagree on. However, as you stated, and in accordance with RCU rules, probably better not to pursue a political discussion here. I apologize for my part in steering the thread in that direction.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:24 AM
scale only 4 me

It's cool, I meant a good one though you know like Nitro Planes.
LOL,, it would be step up no doubt,, O wait,,probably the same plane

I Saw the full scale fly when I was a kid,, first airshow @ Point Magu NAS,, always wanted to do one in this scheme
http://www.nitroplanes.com/93a04-air...angel-rtf.html
Old 09-28-2013, 09:29 AM
scale only 4 me

Chad,,
you are right, the article said over water,, so likely they are just keeping an eye on the Iranian navy boats who if I remember right the last few year were playing chicken with our navy here and there. Reminds me of cold war USSR *** for tat stuff,, no biggie, just a little messin with sasquach.

too bad there's no video.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:56 AM
topspin

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
LOL,, it would be step up no doubt,, O wait,,probably the same plane

I Saw the full scale fly when I was a kid,, first airshow @ Point Magu NAS,, always wanted to do one in this scheme
http://www.nitroplanes.com/93a04-air...angel-rtf.html
I grew up in Laguna just a few miles over the hills from MCAS El Toro. We used to watch them do full AB takeoffs and there were a lot of sonic booms when they got over the water on their way to San Nickolas for bombing practice. For such a big plane they were really fast but ugly, probably why you don't see any really good RC renditions of them except cheapo small stuff.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:31 AM
Ram-bro

I guess i am missing something. Jet hangar hobbies sells a kit, Yellow aircraft used to sell a kit. BVM, Jet legend , flyeagle and a multitude of others sell ARF versions. what kind of Phanthom are you looking for?
Old 09-28-2013, 10:48 AM
Chad Veich

Originally Posted by Ram-bro
I guess i am missing something. Jet hangar hobbies sells a kit, Yellow aircraft used to sell a kit. BVM, Jet legend , flyeagle and a multitude of others sell ARF versions. what kind of Phanthom are you looking for?
I was thinking the same thing. Heck, even Great Planes had a prop-jet kit of the Phantom for many years.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:42 AM
scale only 4 me

When I was in Middle school, in Marina Del Rey,, we could Hear them talk off out of Hughes Aircraft in Culver City every once in awhile,,, the windows would be rattling and you'd have to cover your ears from almost a mile away,, then you'd see it lifting off over the houses heading out to sea,,,, How they let them fly that in and out of there for so long I don't know.. Gotta be one of the top 10 loudest aircraft ever..

Yeah, been kits around since the ducted fan days,, pretty hard to miss
Old 09-28-2013, 11:49 AM
littlera

How would I like to have been an Iranian pilot? I would not like to be Iranian pilot, or any other kind of Iranian.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:39 PM
scale only 4 me

Originally Posted by littlera
How would I like to have been an Iranian pilot? I would not like to be Iranian pilot, or any other kind of Iranian.
Gotta say buddy,, that's a pretty bonehead statement,, I have a few flying buddies who fled the take over 30 some odd years ago who are Iranian,, very nice guys.
Old 09-28-2013, 02:52 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

I grew up in Laguna just a few miles over the hills from MCAS El Toro. We used to watch them do full AB takeoffs and there were a lot of sonic booms when they got over the water on their way to San Nickolas for bombing practice. For such a big plane they were really fast but ugly, probably why you don't see any really good RC renditions of them except cheapo small stuff.
We could tell when the CAS was on the way by the AB lights from Da Nang. . .
Old 09-28-2013, 02:57 PM
Tarasdad

E-Flite RC Phantom. Sorry, not a foamie.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:43 PM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

I have never seen an RC F-4.
As stated, they've been done in every power except gas. Twin nitro DF's are pretty loud! I saw a twin-turbine at a small fly-in in northern MI about 6-8 years ago. Big, realistic bird. And not ugly at all IMO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.