Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hmm..this is odd....

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 05:04 PM
Microz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hmm..this is odd....

So at school today I was trying to get onto RCUniverse. Of course, my school filters what websites you can go on for obvious reasons. But when I tried to get onto RCUniverse, I got a message that I found to be a little bit concerning. Any RCU mods out there that can confirm why it says this?

Old 10-04-2013, 06:18 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

There are times that some anti-virus we give a false positive about RCU. It's happened in the past, and I'm sure it's going to happen again in the future. It's also positive that a 3rd party content provider may be on their infected list and that is where that warning is coming from.

If you can provide some info I'll forward it on to our Tech Staff so that they can look into it. Need to know what OS/browser you were using. What Anti-virus software gave the warning. If possible, provide a link to where you were trying to go to as well. Date and time this happened as well. If you can get that info we can get looking at what's going on.

Ken
Old 10-04-2013, 06:39 PM
Microz

Cool thank you Ken!
Heres the Info:

Browser - Google Chrome
OS - Mac OSX Mountain Lion
Anti-virus software - Not sure...it was blocked by the school's firewall.
Link - http://www.rcuniverse.com/index.cfm
Date: Friday, October 4, 2013
Time: Approx. 12:15 PM
Old 10-04-2013, 06:43 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Ok, I've sent an email to our tech staff to have them take a look. They are out of the office on weekends so it may be Monday before they get a look. But if you (or anybody else out there) gets anymore warnings over the weekend please post those details here in this thread so the tech staff has them when they look.

Ken
Old 10-04-2013, 06:44 PM
Microz

Thanks!