Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Heads Up RC Delivers Quick

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Heads Up RC Delivers Quick

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 07:43 AM
topspin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heads Up RC Delivers Quick

Just thought I would post something positive here about Heads Up RC. I placed an order on Saturday the 5th of October and got an Email notice that it had shipped the same day. Shipping cost me $2.00, can't beat that. I ordered a bunch of servo extensions, a few Y connectors. and a couple of motors for some scratch projects.

These cables and connectors are cheaper at Heads Up than at Hobby King and the shipping and real customer service at heads Up makes them a slam dunk winner.

Here is a motor comparison for two relatively high end brushless motors. Please note the specs are nearly identical except the wattage but given the weight of the motor it looks like HK might have fudged theirs just a little.

Check out the prices.

http://www.headsuphobby.com/Emax-BL2...otor-E-119.htm

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ner_Motor.html

Well would you look at that..... The Emax motor is two bucks less and only two dollars for shipping, and it will be here in two to three days instead of two to three weeks if your lucky. Amazing. Yep, can't imagine shopping with those high price slow boat guys across the ocean, it just doesn't make sense.

So you can see why I love Heads Up RC, they really take care of their customers.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:06 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes ,this place and others need some advertising like this instead of the blah,blah,blah rhetoric from the HK cheerleaders.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:19 PM
topspin

Yep Hobby Parts is another good low cost supplier and there are a dozen others. If you are willing to shop around a little you can find very competative prices on hobby stuff right here in the USA without the crapshoot of ordering from China.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:42 PM
keyman
My Feedback: (22)

I'm showing a price of $26.75 for the SK3, 2 different ways. Before I logged in after about 30 seconds a pop up opened offering the $26.75 price and after logging in it showed the $26.75 price which is cheaper then the Emax.

I would think that anyone who has bought from HK even 1 time would know that to get gold/platinum/whatever pricing you must be logged in to get that price?

Back in 2010 I had a friend that bought a Emax 35A SBEC esc from a company in Ocala FL.,
(II wont mention the company name to be nice) along with the program card, a Hobbywing program card they were selling to go with it and he could not get the card it to work with it, he brought it to me and I also tried a couple of Hobbywing cards to work with it and they were just not compatable. I did some research and found out Emax used 2 different esc program cards depending on the manufacture and if the esc was a linear or switch mode bec, well the SBEC line needed the Emax card. I sent an email to said company informing them that the SBEC line of esc's they were selling needed a different program card they did not sell. After a couple days I got an email back stated I was wrong and the card they were selling would work with all the EMAX esc's they were selling. Well after about a month the Emax card was added to their line up and I never did get an email stating I was correct or that the correct card was added to the line up.

I might not agree with everything the owner of HK does, but I bet there are probably lots of HK employee's there that want to do the best they can just like any company. I do not think its right Walmart can spend a ton of $$ for property to buy and build a store but can not pay a decent wage or have more then 1 person working the customer service counter but I do not take it out on the employee's or the members here.

I bought a couple of the Emax 8x4 gws clone props and did not like them at all compared to the GWS 8x4DD props and yes I've tried NP/HP, I bought alot of Techone planes from them and was missing $2 worth of parts out of 2 of the kits and never got it resolved.

If anyone decides they are going to pack a suitcase and move to China and start a Hobby import business please please send me a link to your website and I will seriously consider buying from you, but until then I refuse to belittle and tell any 13yr olds whose parents are not into spending any money on RC or my 50+yr old friends strapped with mortages/college funds for kids/etc. that they should not be in this hobby because they cannot afford it and where they should spend their money.

If you are offerening to pay for others RC purchases please provide a valid credit card and I will gladly purchase anywhere you want..

Last edited by keyman; 10-08-2013 at 01:46 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:51 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
Yes ,this place and others need some advertising like this instead of the blah,blah,blah rhetoric from the HK cheerleaders.
That's odd, when people "advertise" like that they usually get called names like shill. And let's not forget that there is the blah blah blah of the anti HK crew too. Weird that a thread that purports to give a big thumbs up for Heads Up RC really ends up being a slam on HK. Why not a comparison to another US based company, like say Tower or Horizon. Guess it's not possible to just say how great a company is without pointing out how bad another one might be? And the comparison isn't even identical to boot, and of course the other company probably fudged the numbers. And of course the requisite "ordering from China" comment too. Good stuff. Not at all biased.

Anyway, Heads Up is a fantastic company to deal with. There are a ton of them out there of course. Atlanta Hobby, Motion RC, Value Hobby, and Altitude Hobby, and Red Rocket are just a few that I've dealt with that provide exceptional service. There are plenty of cheaper options too. Nitroplanes/Raidentech/Hobbypartz is hit or miss (as is clearly indicated by the tons of complaints against them), as is Banana Hobby. Recent indications though are that once they get the stuff in stock, it ships out immediately. HK shipping has never been quick for me, but the stuff eventually gets here.

At the end of the day it's about personal choice. There are pluses and minuses about all companies.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:59 AM
topspin

Originally Posted by keyman
I'm showing a price of $26.75 for the SK3, 2 different ways. Before I logged in after about 30 seconds a pop up opened offering the $26.75 price and after logging in it showed the $26.75 price which is cheaper then the Emax.

I would think that anyone who has bought from HK even 1 time would know that to get gold/platinum/whatever pricing you must be logged in to get that price?

Back in 2010 I had a friend that bought a Emax 35A SBEC esc from a company in Ocala FL.,
(II wont mention the company name to be nice) along with the program card, a Hobbywing program card they were selling to go with it and he could not get the card it to work with it, he brought it to me and I also tried a couple of Hobbywing cards to work with it and they were just not compatable. I did some research and found out Emax used 2 different esc program cards depending on the manufacture and if the esc was a linear or switch mode bec, well the SBEC line needed the Emax card. I sent an email to said company informing them that the SBEC line of esc's they were selling needed a different program card they did not sell. After a couple days I got an email back stated I was wrong and the card they were selling would work with all the EMAX esc's they were selling. Well after about a month the Emax card was added to their line up and I never did get an email stating I was correct or that the correct card was added to the line up.

I might not agree with everything the owner of HK does, but I bet there are probably lots of HK employee's there that want to do the best they can just like any company. I do not think its right Walmart can spend a ton of $$ for property to buy and build a store but can not pay a decent wage or have more then 1 person working the customer service counter but I do not take it out on the employee's or the members here.

I bought a couple of the Emax 8x4 gws clone props and did not like them at all compared to the GWS 8x4DD props and yes I've tried NP/HP, I bought alot of Techone planes from them and was missing $2 worth of parts out of 2 of the kits and never got it resolved.

If anyone decides they are going to pack a suitcase and move to China and start a Hobby import business please please send me a link to your website and I will seriously consider buying from you, but until then I refuse to belittle and tell any 13yr olds whose parents are not into spending any money on RC or my 50+yr old friends strapped with mortages/college funds for kids/etc. that they should not be in this hobby because they cannot afford it and where they should spend their money.

If you are offerening to pay for others RC purchases please provide a valid credit card and I will gladly purchase anywhere you want..
Please show me where I told anyone specifically where they should buy anything. I simply pointed out the advantages of shopping with US hobby suppliers and the fact that their prices are often very competative with the Chinese suppliers. Especially when you factor in shipping speed, cost, and customer service.

Feel free to buy from anyone you like, it's your money. I prefer to shop around and I often find as good or better deals right here in the States.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:43 PM
topspin

Got my order on Wednesday and everything was in the box. Great service and fast too. I also noticed that Hitec has changed their servo packaging. Anyway, great job Heads UP, thanks..

Last edited by topspin; 10-11-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:30 PM
Oregon Craig

The ignore list is working with the new software upgrade. I thought it was broken a few weeks ago, but I just used it. A-OK now.

Sorry, off topic.

I only ever ordered from HURC one time, but there certainly weren't any issues. There are 3 or 4 good small USA online shops and of course the big ones are obviously great too.

It is very easy to avoid troublesome online dealers if you are in the US and so desire.

Have a lovely weekend all.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:02 AM
topspin

Glad to hear the ignore function is working Craig. I am placing another order with HURC today, love that two buck shipping.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:47 AM
Oregon Craig

If I wanted to read non stop blah blah blah blah blah nonsense 1000 posts a day expert advice on trading online and hoby kng, I would still be using RCG.

That guy is the tool of all tools. He just never shuts up about anything and everything.

I really don't think I need an online forum home. I rarely look at this one much either and I just don't miss it all that much.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:16 PM
porcia83
Banned

Wait, you left?

I agree with your comments nonetheless! +1
Old 10-30-2013, 06:30 PM
topspin

Originally Posted by porcia83
Wait, you left?

I agree with your comments nonetheless! +1
I think he was talking about you.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:34 AM
porcia83
Banned

No, I don't think so. We're best of buds.

IF he was talking about me though, that would be odd. I mean, why not just come out and say it? It would be confusing too, that he would call someone a tool, yet spend time reading all of that persons posts? Seems like a contradiction. Kinda like saying "my ignore button works", when in fact comments are still seen and read right? That's one of my fav's....like announcing "unsubbed"....LOL, everyone knows that's not the case. Or perhaps saying no forum home is needed, but then having a bunch of them and actively posting. Or not really checking in here, but waiting two weeks to them come back to this thread for an off topic comment about the ignore list, and then following up with name calling. I've never understood the drama in some of these threads on the webs....good reading sometimes though.

But as to Heads Up, they are a great company to deal with. Great stuff, good prices, and really fast shipping. I like to spread out my hobby money though...lots of good companies out there to deal with.

Happy flying gents.

Last edited by porcia83; 10-31-2013 at 03:39 AM.