Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What's Wrong With The Search Function!!!!!!!!!!

This site has to have one of the worst search engines I have ever used. Even when I have the EXACT title of the thread the search function can't find it. How useless is that????? Or MAYBE, what am I doing wrong? When I type the same thing in at Google the thread pops right up....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Looks to me like it only goes back to the start of the new site,, I just used google site search to find some older posts
    You're so smart,, you figured out how to read this!! Or maybe ya just got lucky??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by scale only 4 me View Post
    Looks to me like it only goes back to the start of the new site,, I just used google site search to find some older posts
    In case you're not sure about how to do a site search, go to google and type site://rcuniverse.com followed by your search. This works with any website.
    The Cub Brotherhood Member #20
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #134

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    If Google can find all of the articles without a problem, why can't RCU find the threads created on their own site?
    Even before the change over, the search engine RCU uses doesn't work very well, and certainly isn't user friendly.

Greg
    You really only own what you can carry at a full out run.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    If Google can find all of the threads without a problem, why can't RCU find the threads created on their own site?
    Even before the change over, the search engine RCU uses doesn't work very well, and certainly isn't user friendly.

Greg

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Yes, it's odd,, I hate to moan and groan, but it would seem this version of Vbulitin they gave us is lets say,,, Cheap. Other sites that run Vbulitin seam to run smooth as silk

btw
    Before (in the old system) you had a quick search via the search button and you had the "old search"... the Old search worked quite well,,
    You're so smart,, you figured out how to read this!! Or maybe ya just got lucky??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    [QUOTE=scale only 4 me;11637475the Old search worked quite well,,[/QUOTE]

Agreed...I always used the Old Search method they offered instead of the supposed newer better search engine. Much better search results.

Greg