Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

What's Wrong With The Search Function!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

What's Wrong With The Search Function!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 05:08 PM
RAMFlyer
My Feedback: (65)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's Wrong With The Search Function!!!!!!!!!!

This site has to have one of the worst search engines I have ever used. Even when I have the EXACT title of the thread the search function can't find it. How useless is that????? Or MAYBE, what am I doing wrong? When I type the same thing in at Google the thread pops right up....
Old 10-11-2013, 06:56 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Looks to me like it only goes back to the start of the new site,, I just used google site search to find some older posts
Old 10-12-2013, 07:10 AM
JH313

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
Looks to me like it only goes back to the start of the new site,, I just used google site search to find some older posts
In case you're not sure about how to do a site search, go to google and type site://rcuniverse.com followed by your search. This works with any website.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:13 AM
OldRookie
My Feedback: (13)

If Google can find all of the articles without a problem, why can't RCU find the threads created on their own site?
Even before the change over, the search engine RCU uses doesn't work very well, and certainly isn't user friendly.

Greg
Old 10-13-2013, 04:15 AM
OldRookie

If Google can find all of the threads without a problem, why can't RCU find the threads created on their own site?
Even before the change over, the search engine RCU uses doesn't work very well, and certainly isn't user friendly.

Greg
Old 10-13-2013, 04:39 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Yes, it's odd,, I hate to moan and groan, but it would seem this version of Vbulitin they gave us is lets say,,, Cheap. Other sites that run Vbulitin seam to run smooth as silk

btw
Before (in the old system) you had a quick search via the search button and you had the "old search"... the Old search worked quite well,,
Old 10-13-2013, 06:36 AM
OldRookie

[QUOTE=scale only 4 me;11637475the Old search worked quite well,,[/QUOTE]

Agreed...I always used the Old Search method they offered instead of the supposed newer better search engine. Much better search results.

Greg