Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hey mr. Administrator????

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 03:39 PM
RAMFlyer
My Feedback: (65)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey mr. Administrator????

I have been subscribed to a number of threads with the request to notify me by email once a day when new posts go up. NOW, even when I RE-SUBSCRIBE to a thread I NEVER GET EMAIL NOTIFICATION when a new post gets added!!!!! For a while I got email notification EVERY TIME someone posted, even to threads that I didn't subscribe to. NOW I GET NOTHING!!!! Why can't you fix the problems? You are supposed to be the experts and this new system is YOUR COMPANY'S product, and you still can't get it right!!!!????
Old 10-18-2013, 05:18 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

The programmers have applied a patch to the code of RCU to try an fix the problems we have been having with notices to subscribed threads. They are going to observe the effects of that code change over the weekend and see what needs to be done next.

Ken
Old 10-18-2013, 07:33 PM
RAMFlyer

Thanks RCKen for the info. Just to give you a head's up: Although I started this thread I did not receive notification that someone had replied to it!!
Old 10-20-2013, 09:29 AM
RAMFlyer

Another head's up to the Admin! I am getting notification of new posts at the top of the "subscribed threads forum" but still nothing by email... As of 1330 hours EDT, Sunday, 20 October 2013...
Old 10-20-2013, 02:38 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Yes, I am seeing the same thing that you are. Our programmers asked me to look at how the code worked over the weekend and then let him know. So tomorrow I'll shoot him an email letting him know that the system is still broken.

Ken
Old 10-20-2013, 04:18 PM
RAMFlyer

Thanks RCKen. I appreciate the attention to the problem...
Old 10-21-2013, 04:59 PM
RAMFlyer

DAILY UPDATE: I should say that threads I subscribed to long before the change over to V Bulletin (?) will still notify me sometimes of new posts (but not regularly)! Subscriptions done since the change over: NOTHING, including today...

Last edited by RAMFlyer; 10-21-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:01 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

I reported it to the programmers this morning and they told me they would be working on it throughout the week. Hopefully they can track it down and get it working properly. Trust me when I say I want this fixed as much as you do. It's very frustrating indeed.

Ken
Old 10-27-2013, 04:31 PM
RAMFlyer

Well Mr. Ken, a week farther along and still no change!!! No fix, no work, no NADA...
Old 10-28-2013, 06:45 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Originally Posted by RAMFlyer
Well Mr. Ken, a week farther along and still no change!!! No fix, no work, no NADA...
I absolutely agree with you that nothing has been fixed. I've already sent an email to the tech team to see where we are on getting this fixed.

Ken
Old 11-07-2013, 09:00 PM
RAMFlyer

RCKen: Just an update. No changes on my end yet!!! Still no email notifications from threads subscribed to since the change over...
Old 11-08-2013, 08:17 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

I had an email conversation with the IB tech team and voiced my frustrations that this hasn't been fixed yet. I apologize that we are still having problems. I plan on staying on them until this does get fixed.

Ken
Old 11-08-2013, 03:45 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I will not complain about the emails. I do have a question that I have not been able to answer...

On the old system, there was a button where I could go to the new posts of the categories that I was subscribed to. A button that will simply take me to my subscribed sub-forums and highlight the new posts since my last visit.

I have no clue where this button is on the new system. Could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Rafael
Old 11-15-2013, 05:35 PM
RAMFlyer

Weekly update: No change....

Last edited by RAMFlyer; 11-16-2013 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Remove my stupid comments!!!
Old 11-15-2013, 09:00 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Well RCKen, your guys take the cake. I keep trying to complain and they keep blocking my comments! Wish they would work as hard fixing the problems as they do blocking people who have real problems. MY WEEKLY UPDATE: I STILL do not receive email updates from threads I have subscribed to since the software change over. These IB Techs are not worth their paychecks!!! You can make all the comments you want but they are not doing their jobs; kind of like congress: Do nothing but still get paid. Wish I had one of those jobs....

Can you tell I'm getting VERY tired of what I consider a simple fix. Probably not simple to me but for these tech guys it should be very straight forward with the new software. Otherwise, why bother changing over?????

And by the way, it would be nice to get an update from you without having to post weekly...
I'm not quite sure what you are referring to as we have not blocked any posts of yours that I am aware of. If a Moderator is blocking your posts I will definitely look into it and see what is going on, but I haven't blocked any myself. Can you please give me the details of what you are referring to??

Ken
Old 11-16-2013, 11:12 AM
RAMFlyer

I must apologize. Downloaded the "upgrade" to Windows 8.1 and it has been blocking my ability to post, both here and, it turns out, elsewhere!! My problem rather than the conclusion I jumped to. I will edit that post as I was rude.

I am, however, still having the problem of no email notification of any threads I have subscribed too since the change over.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:22 PM
RAMFlyer

I am, however, still having the problem of no email notification of any threads I have subscribed too since the change over.
Still No Change!!!!
Old 11-23-2013, 01:39 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

I'll pass this on to our tech team and see if they have any advice for you

Ken
Old 11-23-2013, 05:46 PM
RAMFlyer

I'm sorry RCKen, but haven't we been talking about this since Oct 18 and waiting on the programmers to fix the problem? Now you say you are going to see if the tech guys have any advice for ME??? I don't understand the disconnect...
Old 11-23-2013, 06:37 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Yes, we have been talking about this for a bit. But the programmers also had a list of issues that they have been working on, and they can only work one problem at a time. The did finally fix one huge issue we have been having with links in email notifications not working correctly, so they can now move on to the next issues on the list. I am pointing them to your issue so that they do know it still needs to be taken care of. While some issues are taking awhile to fix, but I can assure you that they will get to your issue.

Ken
Old 11-25-2013, 03:22 PM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm sorry RCKen, but haven't we been talking about this since Oct 18 and waiting on the programmers to fix the problem? Now you say you are going to see if the tech guys have any advice for ME??? I don't understand the disconnect...
I'd guess the disconnect was that a lot of members were having email issues, and so the tech team was concentrating on those. That a single user was having issues that were not resolved by the big fixes could not even be discovered until all the other users stopped having those issues and yours continued. Your "individual" issue seemed to be just a part of the big one. Now it appears you alone are still not receiving any notifications. OK. Let's look into it.

First, is your email address up to date on the site? And what does it look like when you go into your subscriptions?
Old 11-25-2013, 05:13 PM
RAMFlyer

Yes, my email is up to date on the site. I know that because I still receive notification of contributions to threads I subscribed to before the software change over. When I go into my subscriptions I notice that all the threads I subscribed to after the change over are labeled DAILY. That was my choice when I subscribed; notify me daily when contributions are made to those new threads. All my old threads are listed as INSTANT and I do receive notification when some one contributes to those threads. Sounds like a problem with the system not sending me DAILY notification when a thread is contributed to...
Old 11-25-2013, 05:23 PM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, my email is up to date on the site. I know that because I still receive notification of contributions to threads I subscribed to before the software change over. When I go into my subscriptions I notice that all the threads I subscribed to after the change over are labeled DAILY. That was my choice when I subscribed; notify me daily when contributions are made to those new threads. All my old threads are listed as INSTANT and I do receive notification when some one contributes to those threads. Sounds like a problem with the system not sending me DAILY notification when a thread is contributed to...
That can happen.

Try unsubscribing to a couple of them, then resubscribing with daily notifications and see if they come to you then. Give it a day or two.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:13 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So one would assume that if "IT" can only work on one issue at a time my attachment issue will be years in the works!!!!
Old 11-25-2013, 07:45 PM
RAMFlyer

IBobi, I'll try that. I think it is interesting that although I started this thread I have never received notice that anyone has ever replied...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.