Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hand warmers for flying in the cold

Does anyone use hand warmers for flying in the cold? It is becoming cold enough here in the Northeast that my fingers loose their touch during a 10 or 15 minute flight. I have some old Jon E catalytic hand warmers. They work great in my pockets but I can't fly with my hands in my pockets. I'm wondering if I could put one inside a finger-less glove.

Anyone have and suggestions? .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Look @ Tower Hobbies, they used to have a " Tx glove". Works well once you get used to it, I'm Canadian so i know about winters
    Remember: Speed is life!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by JPMacG View Post
    Does anyone use hand warmers for flying in the cold? It is becoming cold enough here in the Northeast that my fingers loose their touch during a 10 or 15 minute flight. I have some old Jon E catalytic hand warmers. They work great in my pockets but I can't fly with my hands in my pockets. I'm wondering if I could put one inside a finger-less glove.

Anyone have and suggestions? .
    Go to "Good/Will" etc. & get a SMALL kids winter jacket (for about $5.00)......cut the sleeves off at the elbow......fly with TX inside the jacket, your hands through the sleeves to hold the TX.....problem solved.....been using this for awhile now....FWIW

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I use a TX Glove when it gets really cold and/or when it's snowing. Put a chemical warmer inside and it's toasty. When not using a glove we take a propane tank (gas grill tank)with a double heater on top and put it at the flight line on top of a starting table and use fingerless type gloves. You could slide a chemical warmer inside a glove but they get hot too !
    Brian Ray

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Why doesn't some company make self-heating transmitters? I'd love that.