Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Cargo van conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 02:46 PM
tabash
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cargo van conversion

Hi all,

Recently bought a Ford Club Wagon XLT (15 passenger extended version) to make hauling planes, quadcopter(s) and equipment simpler. I hope to also be able to use it for camping on the occasion float fly events.
The van is gutted from seats and have a wooden floor. I would like fit it for multiple airplanes, wings and have dedicated areas for storage of equipment and (potentially) fuel.

Would love to get some photos and/or descriptions of similar conversions to get ideas on elements that I can incorporate. In addition, links to retailers of modular van storage equipment that you can recommend will be very useful.

Thanks in advance for your collective wisdom!
Old 10-24-2013, 12:27 PM
tabash
My Feedback: (3)

Nothing? All PVC bar users out there? Any insight/photo/contact would be highly appreciated
Old 10-24-2013, 12:57 PM
topspin

I use a Pickup with a bed cover. Won't hold as much as a van but works OK. I am looking for a 1999 or 2000 Dodge minivan with the 4 cylider turbo motor so if anyone knows anyone here on the East Coast who wants to get rid of one let me know. I'll strip it and share my plane hauling interior ideas with you.