Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

covering

Old 11-01-2013, 10:42 AM
luckyBob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question covering

I have a midwest cap 232. . I would like to have the entire plane recovered. looking for a fair price to have it done.

Bob

Last edited by luckyBob; 11-01-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:34 PM
STUKA BARRY

The only way to get proficient at it is to do it yourself.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:09 AM
macdona
My Feedback: (3)

I have covered a lot of planes for others. I got a hundred for a simple trainer up to three for fancy work. They furnished the material.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:12 AM
Free Bird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How fancy of a trim scheme are you looking for?

FB
Old 11-06-2013, 07:23 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by STUKA BARRY
The only way to get proficient at it is to do it yourself.
While this is very much true , It sounds as if the gent is looking to hire someone to do it , rather than looking for a means of becoming proficient at doing it himself .

Maybe he don't have the time . Or the patience . Or (like me) lacks the artistic touch required to do more than a simple covering job . While I've been in this hobby plenty long enough to have built and covered dozens of planes in both Dope & Fabric and Monokote , I never got good at making them "Drop Dead Gorgeous" in the art department . Oh sure , the covering was plenty strong enough and would have been fine for even most full scale single color paint schemes , but to make a model plane's finish scheme "Jump right out at ya" , you need an artist .

Now , of course , if the OP were going to try to give it a go , I'd STRONGLY recommend practicing on a "junk" (cheap and worthless) airframe first , just to see if your inner DaVinci is gonna shine through ....