Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thumbs up My experiences with Witch Wilga

Flyingthinz witch Wilga is a real show stopper at the various local rc picnics I attend.
    Here are a few things I have discovered.
    1. You will need all the power a .60 can generate because it is a very draggy design.
    2. Get some altitude before turning because it will lose altitude during a turn.
    3. It is not very well at handling crosswind landing or takeoff. Best to go into the wind. I prefer to hand launch mine.
    4. Climbing and descending is best done with throttle
    5. Due to the short moment between engine and witch body, I use a removal (for flight) steel cross rod to keep the witch from moving during start-up.
    6. Cushion landing with power. It will not glide and drops down hard with no power.
    7. Use PayPal of you are going to get it from Flyingthinz (That is a whole other issue.)
    Hope you found this of some value

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I found the "Snoopy's Flying Doghouse" to handle just about the same , best have LOTS 'o power to drag that puppy though the skies !