Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

My experiences with Witch Wilga

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

My experiences with Witch Wilga

Old 11-06-2013, 05:22 PM
shogunsan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up My experiences with Witch Wilga

Flyingthinz witch Wilga is a real show stopper at the various local rc picnics I attend.
Here are a few things I have discovered.
1. You will need all the power a .60 can generate because it is a very draggy design.
2. Get some altitude before turning because it will lose altitude during a turn.
3. It is not very well at handling crosswind landing or takeoff. Best to go into the wind. I prefer to hand launch mine.
4. Climbing and descending is best done with throttle
5. Due to the short moment between engine and witch body, I use a removal (for flight) steel cross rod to keep the witch from moving during start-up.
6. Cushion landing with power. It will not glide and drops down hard with no power.
7. Use PayPal of you are going to get it from Flyingthinz (That is a whole other issue.)
Hope you found this of some value
Old 11-09-2013, 12:34 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

I found the "Snoopy's Flying Doghouse" to handle just about the same , best have LOTS 'o power to drag that puppy though the skies !