The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

HobbyKing shipping issues..

Reply
Old 11-08-2013, 10:36 AM
  #1
Turbobearcat
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lebanon, OH
Posts: 1,485
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default HobbyKing shipping issues..

Maybe it's me being impatient but I ordered a set of e-Tracts Oct 5th from Hobbyking... and got email saying it had shipped from the warehouse in HK on Oct 7th..

I wait a day or two to get my tracking number and at this point I started to worry about my parts.. The tracking number I got was not the normal one I have gotten in the past
when it went Singapore Post then the USPS...this thing went to SwissPost... which I have never heard of.. So I waited a few more days and tried the number again..

it said either it has not shipped from the Warehouse or the tracking number is invalid..

So I tried the old time honored "CHAT" which has been helpful in the past but after waiting for 45 minutes somebody comes online , I gave them the order number and told them the issue, he told me that the tracking number just has not updated give it a few more days.. I'm thinking- it's been over a week now..how much more time do they needs?

so a few more days goes by and I try Chat again- this time I get a Jennifer- this time I got more of an answer - We are having a backlog at the warehouse and shipping
has been running behind... Ok that's fine but where the hell is my package? I was told to check back in 1 week... Miffed at this point... I waited a few more days and got the same person back in chat- this time she did say it had shipped - they acknowledged the tracking number was wrong for some reason but my parts are enroute either way...but was told it could be up to 45 days.... UPTO 45 days? I ordered two other parts since then and they got here before the parts I was contacting for !!!!!
The 3 or 4th contact I was promised an email from the warehouse manager - that never happened..so I tried one more time...and I was told - the package was sent- you will get it... when is the question- mean while I have a jet (XB-70) with no front landing gear and now the weather has went south... and I still don't have my FREAKING package.

Any advice or should I just crack open a beer and enjoy it?


Mark
Turbobearcat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:21 PM
  #2
init4fun
 
init4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,878
Default

If I were in this situation , and had lost trust in the communication with the vendor , I would do a "chargeback" with whomever you used to pay for the retracts with (Paypal , Visa , etc) and then order the gear elsewhere . If you wait too long you will loose your ability to cancel the charge (I think paypal is 45 days ??) . Sure , they may cost a bit more elsewhere , but actually having and flying a more expensive set may just make ya forget about this vendor's world famous runaround , no Beer required
init4fun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:47 PM
  #3
dirtybird
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
Posts: 5,768
Default

I tried to order a couple of batteries from the USA warehouse.
I went thru the ordering process but they wouldn't let me pay for it because they said my cart was empty.
I went thru the process four times and got the same cart empty result each time. Then I gave up.
The next day I got four emails thanking me for the purchase.
dirtybird is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:27 PM
  #4
tailskid
 
tailskid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Tolleson, AZ
Posts: 8,971
Default

Wait....wait......a 'pro' will soon join this thread!
tailskid is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:14 PM
  #5
topspin
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sterling, VA
Posts: 1,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtybird View Post
I tried to order a couple of batteries from the USA warehouse.
I went thru the ordering process but they wouldn't let me pay for it because they said my cart was empty.
I went thru the process four times and got the same cart empty result each time. Then I gave up.
The next day I got four emails thanking me for the purchase.
All of the USA orders have to go through China so it probably took a while for it to catch up. They are really screwed up and their shipping is higher than anyone else. I would spend a couple of bucks more on Gens Ace or Hyperion batteries.
topspin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:16 PM
  #6
topspin
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sterling, VA
Posts: 1,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailskid View Post
Wait....wait......a 'pro' will soon join this thread!
You mean one of the ones who has thousands of orders with nary a probelm ever? One who will attack the OP's credibility? One of those experts?
topspin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:46 PM
  #7
tailskid
 
tailskid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Tolleson, AZ
Posts: 8,971
Default

Bingo!
tailskid is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:09 PM
  #8
countilaw
 
countilaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Grand Prairie, TX
Posts: 1,243
Default

This I can believe ! !
countilaw is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:49 AM
  #9
dirtybird
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
Posts: 5,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by topspin View Post
All of the USA orders have to go through China so it probably took a while for it to catch up. They are really screwed up and their shipping is higher than anyone else. I would spend a couple of bucks more on Gens Ace or Hyperion batteries.
Its more than a couple of bucks.
The hobbyking price for a 3c 1300mah battery is $5.95
The equivalent Hyperian is more than $20 that I could find.
There is a fellow in our club that imports the HK batteries and sells them for about twice the HK price so that most of all the club members use them. They work fine.
dirtybird is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:11 AM
  #10
topspin
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sterling, VA
Posts: 1,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtybird View Post
Its more than a couple of bucks.
The hobbyking price for a 3c 1300mah battery is $5.95
The equivalent Hyperian is more than $20 that I could find.
There is a fellow in our club that imports the HK batteries and sells them for about twice the HK price so that most of all the club members use them. They work fine.
I suppose they do work OK in light applications. I have never had a Hyperion battery fail under high load. I use Gens Ace and other low buck batteries in some applications but in my critical applications I use Hyperion or Thunder Power. Yeah they are costly but worth it. By the way, the HK Turnegy batteries that claim to be 65C are something much less.

Don't believe it? Try loading a 65C Turnegy battery to 65C even for a minute and watch what happens. Try loading one marked 45C to 45C and you will get the same result, PUFF.... Load a 45C Hyperion battery to 45C and it will discharge without a problem again and again, so will Thunder Power..
topspin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:58 PM
  #11
dirtybird
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
Posts: 5,768
Default

I really don't care if HobbyKings batteries dont come up to their claims for c rating. I will never use them at rating. Why should I spend three times the price for an item I dont need?
As an engineer I could never understand why people overdo things like they do.Like buying a Hummer to drive to the grocery store .Its just an ego thing.
I drive a Ford Fiesta. It does everything I want to do and it gives me nearly 40 miles to the gallon.
I will continue to buy Hobbyking batteries. They work for me.
BTW I own an FR-SKY Taranis transmitter. It does everything the new Jeti transmitter does and costs 1/10 of the Jeti
dirtybird is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:15 AM
  #12
Turbobearcat
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lebanon, OH
Posts: 1,485
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Well update on my problem - There are now updates to my order - acknowledgement also made that the tracking number was wrong is also on the account... I was told that it should hit this week but if Friday rolls around and no package- Chargeback we will go....it's now pushing 35 days!

My problem is I can't find anybody else with that size E-tracts for my XB-70.
Turbobearcat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:01 AM
  #13
Charley
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Kerrville, TX
Posts: 2,026
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Have a look here: www.alofthobbies.com I just found out about this store today; bought a Minima 8-chan Rx from them..

CR

Last edited by Charley; 11-12-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Charley is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:43 AM
  #14
topspin
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sterling, VA
Posts: 1,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtybird View Post
I really don't care if HobbyKings batteries dont come up to their claims for c rating. I will never use them at rating. Why should I spend three times the price for an item I dont need?
As an engineer I could never understand why people overdo things like they do.Like buying a Hummer to drive to the grocery store .Its just an ego thing.
I drive a Ford Fiesta. It does everything I want to do and it gives me nearly 40 miles to the gallon.
I will continue to buy Hobbyking batteries. They work for me.
BTW I own an FR-SKY Taranis transmitter. It does everything the new Jeti transmitter does and costs 1/10 of the Jeti
I'm happy for you that you can use cheap batteries. I have several applications that require batteries with a very high power to weight ratio and Hyperion and Thunder Power are the only ones that fill that requirement without self destructing.

Tried a few of the HK Turnegy Nano-Tech batteries and they swelled up like balloons. Have you seen the Feista ST? Pretty slick little ride. We have a Focus Titanium in the stable for grocery getting and around town stuff, gets 30 MPG average so not bad. Also have a BMW 335i convertable (Wifes) an F-150 Platinum (mine) and as of next week a 2014 Z51 3LT Vette, (also mine). Yeah, it's an ego thing, beats the Fiesta though.[h=3][/h]
topspin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:01 AM
  #15
dirtybird
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
Posts: 5,768
Default

Years ago I had the first Ford Thunderbird shipped to Europe. After that I had several Porsche's. Then I got over my ego thing especially when I discovered cops dont pay much attention to station wagons or cheap little cars.
dirtybird is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:18 AM
  #16
Turbobearcat
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lebanon, OH
Posts: 1,485
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Dirtybird- so the moral of the story is the cheaper it is the less they give a crap about you?
Turbobearcat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:41 PM
  #17
Charley
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Kerrville, TX
Posts: 2,026
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by topspin View Post

Have you seen the Feista ST? Pretty slick little ride. We have a Focus Titanium in the stable for grocery getting and around town stuff, gets 30 MPG average so not bad. Also have a BMW 335i convertable (Wifes) an F-150 Platinum (mine) and as of next week a 2014 Z51 3LT Vette, (also mine). Yeah, it's an ego thing, beats the Fiesta though.
Man! If I just had to have all that "impress the neighbors" stuff, I'd never have been able to retire.

CR
Charley is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:27 PM
  #18
topspin
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sterling, VA
Posts: 1,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
Man! If I just had to have all that "impress the neighbors" stuff, I'd never have been able to retire.

CR
Glad I retired first.
topspin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:14 PM
  #19
Charley
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Kerrville, TX
Posts: 2,026
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
Have a look here: www.alofthobbies.com I just found out about this store today; bought a Minima 8-chan Rx from them..

CR
Follow up: The Minima receiver referenced in the above post arrived in the mail today! Ordered on Nov. 12, received at midday on Nov.15. Goodonya Aloft Hobby!

CR
Charley is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:49 PM.