Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Who is in charge here ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 04:00 PM
geoardsog5
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I'm living on the wrong planet. I only see RCU getting better with time. Progress is being made with working out the bugs. Rome wasn't built in a day.Press on RCU - you will get it right .
Old 12-05-2013, 04:55 PM
mike31
My Feedback: (67)

Kinda like obamacare!
Old 12-05-2013, 06:26 PM
chopper man

Use to live on this site, not anymore. I've tried but I just don't like it. Search engine s......ks, hard to navigate. Just an occasional look but not very often. Oh well. Just my nickels worth.

Gene
Old 12-09-2013, 12:19 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Hi Ken, one thing that BUGS me a LOT:

Lets say you're reading a thread you just discovered. You read for a while and in the middle of reading (let's say on page 11, but you don't KNOW you're on page 11 since it's a fascinating read...) you decide to subscribe to the thread.... OOPS it redirects you to page one !!!! Now where was I ??? ...I want to continue to read where I left off, so why doesn't it redirect me where I was when I decided to subscribe ? Things I do not understand. Period.

Thanks for the concern.
Cheers,V.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:57 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

backspace your browser until you get back to the page you left,, why is this a site issue?
Old 12-09-2013, 08:40 AM
vasek

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
backspace your browser until you get back to the page you left,, why is this a site issue?
Well, that would be like "manually" activate your wipers with your hand sticking out the car window LOL
The "old" site, you just subscribed and stayed wright where you were. Too simple for you I guess.

Cheers V.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	postyouwearmeout_061152.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	1946141  
Old 12-09-2013, 09:40 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by vasek
Hi Ken, one thing that BUGS me a LOT:

Lets say you're reading a thread you just discovered. You read for a while and in the middle of reading (let's say on page 11, but you don't KNOW you're on page 11 since it's a fascinating read...) you decide to subscribe to the thread.... OOPS it redirects you to page one !!!! Now where was I ??? ...I want to continue to read where I left off, so why doesn't it redirect me where I was when I decided to subscribe ? Things I do not understand. Period.

Thanks for the concern.
Cheers,V.
I totally agree with you on this one here, I have the same complaint as you do. This is one of the minor bugs that I have on my list for them to work once they get past a few bigger issues.

Ken
Old 12-09-2013, 12:50 PM
scale only 4 me

Originally Posted by vasek
Well, that would be like "manually" activate your wipers with your hand sticking out the car window LOL
The "old" site, you just subscribed and stayed wright where you were. Too simple for you I guess.

Cheers V.
For me it's not worth crying in public about,, but hey,,if it's working for ya carry on
Old 12-09-2013, 01:08 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
For me it's not worth crying in public about,, but hey,,if it's working for ya carry on

Interesting , , , , , That some see crying where others see someone calmly informing site management of a software problem that should be fairly simple to rectify ........

I guess it just all comes down to viewpoint , and what folks are looking to see in something ......
Old 12-09-2013, 01:40 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Originally Posted by init4fun
Interesting , , , , , That some see crying where others see someone calmly informing site management of a software problem that should be fairly simple to rectify ........

I guess it just all comes down to viewpoint , and what folks are looking to see in something ......
Absolutely. And we do appreciate the feedback from the users. I know some may feel that Internet Brands doesn't listen or care, but I can tell you for a fact that isn't the truth at all. RCU was a major investment for IB and I can assure you they want us to be successful.

Ken
Old 12-09-2013, 04:14 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by RCKen
Absolutely. And we do appreciate the feedback from the users. I know some may feel that Internet Brands doesn't listen or care, but I can tell you for a fact that isn't the truth at all. RCU was a major investment for IB and I can assure you they want us to be successful.

Ken
Hi Ken ,

You sure do put up with a LOT of BS from cantankerous old fools like me , and are seldom appreciated for the thankless job you do mediating a bunch of old guys arguing over toys . I , for one , DO feel guilty for what I've put you through and for that you DO have my most sincere apology . We really SHOULD be good to each other as I've been sayin for a while here "there are only JUST so many old guys farting around with model planes , and we are , for better or worse , all linked by that fact"

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to ALL , and yes , that DOES include the HK shoppers as well
Old 12-09-2013, 04:39 PM
scale only 4 me

It was pointing out a bug the first time.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:17 PM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

Hi Ken ,

You sure do put up with a LOT of BS from cantankerous old fools like me , and are seldom appreciated for the thankless job you do mediating a bunch of old guys arguing over toys . I , for one , DO feel guilty for what I've put you through and for that you DO have my most sincere apology . We really SHOULD be good to each other as I've been sayin for a while here "there are only JUST so many old guys farting around with model planes , and we are , for better or worse , all linked by that fact"

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to ALL , and yes , that DOES include the HK shoppers as well

Well ill said, we are all linked together, let's get along.
merry Christmas to all
Old 12-10-2013, 12:08 AM
vasek

Originally Posted by lopflyers
Well ill said, we are all linked together, let's get along.
merry Christmas to all
That's what I like about RCU: lots of good people here !

@ Ken : and some moderators have a patience of a saint LOL

Merry Christmas to ALL

Cheers, V.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	postfunny_sports_picture_107.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	1946380  

Last edited by vasek; 12-10-2013 at 12:12 AM.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:59 AM
Tony Iannucelli
My Feedback: (193)

I find the "other" BIG web site a real pain in oh so many ways. RCU on the other hand is my 'go to' site for over a decade with great reasons. Let's see, the reviews, the marketplace, the product comparisons, the "FREE" ads reaching thousands of modelers worldwide, and the general entertaining nature of many of the threads. I even like to hear the guys complaining about things... checking their histories it's pretty obvious many of the are glued to their keyboards .... how can people have 12,000 or more posts, and know so little about flying and the hobby in general? Sorry, that was rhetorical. I remain the eternal optimist and easy guy to get along with. I think RCU is a great web site and I wish the guys responsible much success in the coming year and beyond.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:21 AM
slopoke
My Feedback: (16)

++
(me too)
Old 12-10-2013, 07:32 AM
airega1
My Feedback: (204)

test
Old 12-11-2013, 01:42 PM
vasek

Looks like a couple of people might have a slight superiority complex, perhaps?
Old 12-11-2013, 01:49 PM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

As someone who manages many online forum communities, I can easily call Ken one of the best and most passionate administrators I know of. He's responsible for a lot of the good things that RCU is to this community.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:17 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Originally Posted by IBobi
As someone who manages many online forum communities, I can easily call Ken one of the best and most passionate administrators I know of. He's responsible for a lot of the good things that RCU is to this community.
Thanks Paul. I just try to do what I can for RCU and the RC Community in general!!

Ken
Old 12-11-2013, 02:47 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I as well applaud all the people behind the scenes and have even posted a thread of such. And as others occasionally complain like a little girl, even swear I'm leaving. But truth is even with the few issues there is no other like RCU!!!
In regards to Vaseks question regarding my photo,, he, he, don't go back for more than a month or you won't get anything-BECAUSE THEY ARE GONE!!!
Sorry moderators I could not resist. And I know, I know, they will work on restoring them, ah-hem wink-wink, in a few years....LOL
Jim I loved that avatar, thought it was hilarious!!!!!
Old 12-12-2013, 06:22 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know being a moderator would be "Trying" at times for me-I have always enjoyed this site!!!