Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Flying fields near Denver?

My employer is closing their local facility and offering to move me to another plant in Littleton, CO. I'd like to hear about any flying fields in the Littleton / Denver area.

Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I know of and have flown at 2 when I was in Denver for vacation. There is a public field at Chatfield State Park, you can even see the runway on google maps, and one in Arvada next to the Rocky Mountain arsenal, but it is club managed. I got permission to fly at that one. It's the Arvada Associated Modelers.

Also Colpar hobbies and crafts on South Wadsworth and Thompson hobbies at 15th and Wadsworth will have more info, they deal in RC. You will like both for your hobby needs.
    Last edited by hookedonrc; 11-28-2013 at 07:00 AM.
    Will add something clever and witty if I ever come up with something.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    When you get here you are not going to have to look to long. The whole rocky mountain range is a flying sites take your pick most are AMA and can be found on the AMA site.
    Larry K
    Larry K
    Sig Brotherhood # 1 Sig Kadet Brotherhood # 4 WACO Brotherhood #34 Cub Brotherhood 14

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    What hookedonrc said. The one at Chatfield has two nice big runways and shaded benches...it's managed by a club, but since it's on state recreational property it's open to the public.Same deal at Cherry Creek Reservoir, though the runways are shorter. Bathroom facilities are Colorado campground style, which is to say a brick ****house, no running water. You need a state parks pass to get in -- $8 a day or $70 a year.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Thanks. I plan to visit in February and will check some of the fields out. I wonder if flying at altitude will make a noticeable difference.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    It did for me. The thin air does make the props you are using seem like they don't pull as well. I would recommend that you take some extra ones of the same diameter but greater pitch. That way, if you don't like the performance of the ones you usually use, you can go one step up.
    Will add something clever and witty if I ever come up with something.