Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Lone star balsa??

Old 11-24-2013, 07:58 PM
Boeing
My Feedback: (145)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lone star balsa??

So, what's the story with Lone Star Balsa?? Sent them an order; they have my $$$ and I have no balsa??
Old 11-24-2013, 09:45 PM
warningshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Boeing
So, what's the story with Lone Star Balsa?? Sent them an order; they have my $$$ and I have no balsa??
They went out of business. Look at their web site.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:49 AM
Hemikiller
My Feedback: (125)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, that's pretty self explanatory..

http://www.lonestar-balsa.com/

...at least they had the decency to close the website when they couldn't fill orders, unlike RCM Plans....
Old 11-25-2013, 11:07 AM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a shame they are no longer in business. They had some good stuff. However, I found http://www.balsawoodinc.com/ and have been very happy with the customer service and the quality of their wood.

Frank
Old 11-25-2013, 11:25 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Boeing
Hopefully you used a Credit Card or Paypal,, do a charge back or PP dispute/claim,,, good luck
Old 12-04-2013, 05:44 AM
carlgrover

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

From the looks of their website, you must have placed your order just prior to them going out of business. If you did it via credit card you can get your money back. I did from a recent RCM plans order that never shipped.

Lone Star balsa had a big fire some time back and was out of business for quite a while. They then reopened but I guess they couldn't keep it going and had to shut down a second time. I switched from them to Balsa USA and have been very happy.

Carl