Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Question WHAT!!! Are they serious???

Found this on a Chinese R/C airplane website:

Quote:

"The company solemnly declare that:
    Individuals or companies cannot conduct theft of our patent technology. If theft of our patent appears, we will take legal measures. Thank you for your cooperation!" end quote.

This coming from a company in a country where they have copied just about everything that comes out of it!
    UNBELIEVABLE

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    The Chinese are increasingly filing patents, creating intellectual property, etc. It will be interesting to watch them transition from stealing from everyone to protecting their own property.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    If everything they have is stolen how can they protect their own, it's not theirs!
    Robert
    Cub Brotherhood #3\\ Ryan STA Brotherhood #4
    Corsair Brotherhood #56\\ Waco Brotherhood #184

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Thread not AMA related. Moving thread to The Clubhouse.

Ken
    The take off is optional, but the landing is MANDATORY!!
    RCU Forum Manager
    www.gettingairborne.com
    RCKen Publications
    Brotherhood's
    Ultra Sport Brother #1
    Sig Brotherhood #4
    Balsa USA #4

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Related, indirectly

From AMA prexy Bob Brown's column in Dec '13 MA: "Meetings with congressional staffers were also on our itinerary. Those with whom we spoke were interested in our progress with the FAA. Lunch with an FCC official was also on the agenda. The issues discussed included the use of noncompliant equipment currently available."
    I notice an FCC ID number is on a sticker affixed to the back of my Spectrum DX7 and DX8 transmitters. On other transmitters also made in China (e.g., Turnigy) lack this tag, which I presume indicates a compliance nod from FCC.

Anybody else think this may portend new AMA rules banning use of R/C tx's (whether or not they infringe on patents) not purchased through US distributer intermediaries?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    It would be interesting to check that company's offerings and see just how closely they match various models offered by American companies for years.
    \"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; In practice, there is\"

Intolerance is not to be tolerated

Quote Originally Posted by cj_rumley View Post
    ....... The issues discussed included the use of noncompliant equipment currently available."
    I notice an FCC ID number is on a sticker affixed to the back of my Spectrum DX7 and DX8 transmitters. On other transmitters also made in China (e.g., Turnigy) lack this tag, which I presume indicates a compliance nod from FCC........

Aw Gee , ya mean that the turdnigy garbage that SlobbyThing is peddling ain't FCC part 15 compliant ????

With their track record of non delivery of product , I guess when one finally DOES show up , maybe THEN the FCC can get a peek at it

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    From AMA prexy Bob Brown's column in Dec '13 MA: "Meetings with congressional staffers were also on our itinerary. Those with whom we spoke were interested in our progress with the FAA. Lunch with an FCC official was also on the agenda. The issues discussed included the use of noncompliant equipment currently available."
    I notice an FCC ID number is on a sticker affixed to the back of my Spectrum DX7 and DX8 transmitters. On other transmitters also made in China (e.g., Turnigy) lack this tag, which I presume indicates a compliance nod from FCC.

Anybody else think this may portend new AMA rules banning use of R/C tx's (whether or not they infringe on patents) not purchased through US distributer intermediaries?
    I think you might be tilting the wrong friendly windmill. Not saying you are all wrong, just that you are in the wrong church.

No one can tell you WHERE or from whom you can by anything, but they MIGHT get the FCC to issue an edict declaring un-stickered equipment illegal which removes the AMA liability in the event of an incident.

But of course our government (as represented by Eric Holder - US AG) now believes the Constitution is superseded by UN treaties and has told the Supreme Court that recently.
    Jim Branaum AMA 1428
    Sig Brotherhood 30 Sig Kadet Brotherhood 99
    P-51 Brotherhood 53 P-38 Brotherhood 18 Club Saito 806
    Spitfire Brotherhood 204 P-40 Brotherhood 95

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Sorry, double post - got neg response from system on this attempt
    Last edited by cj_rumley; 11-29-2013 at 12:53 AM.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    HI Jim,

IMHO, if FCC was concerned enough about it and had the resources to enforce, they would simply go ahead and do it without regard to AMA concerns; AMA influences only a tiny fraction of the R/C market. You may well be right about AMA having an incentive to get un-stickered radios banned to avoid liability, though. I am not in the know as to who raised the issue during AMA/FCC liaison, or why. Seems natural to question who would gain the most (in the $$ sense, always a factor) by such action, and the middlemen that have exclusive US distribution agreements with some of the PRC manufacturers appear to be the biggest stakeholders. AFAIK, the essential consumer SS RF stage packages are all supplied as chips/chipsets by a very limited number of vendors. If that is so, certificating the whole tx package including chassis and baseband h/w and firmware makes little sense sans an objective to control the trade.

init4fun: Sorry you had a bad experience with HK. I have had a goodly number (in the 70's now) of orders with them over a few years without a glitch. At any rate that was one example of many suppliers to the R/C market in China. I'm surely not alone in thinking the value added by the middlemen for some of the products they deal in justifies their markup that is often several hundred percent. I admit it, I'm too cheap to pay $50 for a Chinese made LiPo pack when I can get for $10 from a Chinese vendor's US warehouse.

cj

init4fun: Sorry you had a bad experience with HK. I have had a goodly number (in the 70's now) of orders with them over a few years without a glitch. At any rate that was one example of many suppliers to the R/C market in China. I'm surely not alone in thinking the value added by the middlemen for some of the products they deal in justifies their markup that is often several hundred percent. I admit it, I'm too cheap to pay $50 for a Chinese made LiPo pack when I can get for $10 from a Chinese vendor's US warehouse.

cj
    Hi CJ ,

Thank You !!!! Honestly , you are one of the first folks to really sympathize with a customer who went without product not once but twice with no recourse or resolution . Most others just go on the attack cause I jabbed their supplier of choice . I hope you know that I have nothing against ANY fellow RCer doing what they can to afford our hobby in these trying economic times and I would never scorn you or call you cheap for trying to be as economical as possible with our ever dwindling hobby dollars .

Believe me , I TRULY wish HK was not only inexpensive but also responsible for every customer who spends their dollars with them . Sure , I don't expect "AAA" service at "B" grade prices , but when the stuff outright don't show up , especially for someone who was not a one time only customer , they darned well shoulda made it right . Cut price should maybe mean that I don't get "cradle to grave" tech support on my hobby toys like the big guys do (Hobbico and Horizon) but darn it the stuff has gotta at least show up so I feel I got at least a few moments of RC happiness for my $$ .

Anyway , Thank You for being kind and Happy Flying to ya !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    not sure of the name of America's lastest and greatest fighter jet but look it up, then go find China's lastest fighter jet. nearly identical.
    Club Saito Member #1
    AMA# 542304

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I've heard this is becoming a common practice. Say you come up wirh a great idea and patent it. By the time you find a manufacturer in China and get ready to make it, you get sued in China because somebody else holds a patent on your idea and wants royalties for your product (which was taken from the US Patent office, which is open to the public)

This has become a business there. In fact I remember reading that somebody patented the 'Iphone 5" name before Apple. And they were entangled in a legal battle.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Fear not . They are only trying to patent their " Theft Technology " !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have seen the Orange 6 channel radio and it is almost a direct knockoff of the DX6I, probably made in the same factory. These do not have the FCC Part 15 certification yet they sell like hotcakes. Hobby King is not the only Chinese vendor who sells these non-compliant transmitters but no one seems to care and I seriously doubt that anyone ever will unless they cause some sort of harmful interference. Kind of the RC equivalent of spitting on the sidewalk.
    RC Aircraft/ Three Laws Safe.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    The orange 6 T trans is nothing like the 6i. Mine also has an FCC sticker on the bottom. Large backlit screen and much more. No problems with it.
    Gord
    Dreamed I was a muffler. Woke up exhausted.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Flypaper 2 View Post
    The orange 6 T trans is nothing like the 6i. Mine also has an FCC sticker on the bottom. Large backlit screen and much more. No problems with it.
    All I can say is the two that I have seen that belong to club members didn't have the sticker. We also sat down and did a direct one on one comparison with a Sprktrum DX6i and they are very nearly identical in form and function and only minor changes in software to get past copyright. It is a knock off plain and simple and I cahllenge anyone (not you) to get their hands on one and do the same comparison. Also let me know if the one you get has an FCC part 15 compliance sticker on it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    The handgrips on the sides are more like the DX8 and 9. the wiring on the inside is all ribbon wiring. Trim switches are much more robust than the 6i They're both 6 channel and that's where the similarity ends.
    Also has programming to change voltage from nimh to lipo for recharge.
    Last edited by Flypaper 2; 12-03-2013 at 06:48 PM.
    Gord
    Dreamed I was a muffler. Woke up exhausted.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    [QUOTE=Flypaper 2
    [I]"Trim switches are much more robust than the 6i"

[/I]I didn't find that to be the case at all, the switches on the Spektrum feel about the same but the gimbals on the DX6i are much better.

"Also has programming to change voltage from nimh to lipo for recharge"

Spektrum has that feature also so no difference there but since the Orange is a clone it makes sense that it has most of the same features. Even the menu layout and model name function are identical.