Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

R.I.P. Pat Buzzeo (Dad)

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 07:25 AM
AMA 74894
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default R.I.P. Pat Buzzeo (Dad)

A particularly sad day for me, early yesterday morning, my Dad passed away.
R.I.P Father... A kid could only hope for as great a Dad as this.

Pasquale (Pat) Buzzeo was born on March 9th, 1921 the son of Mario and Maria (Pellicci) in Bronx, New York. Pat was a World War II Veteran assigned to the 8th Air Force, 357th Fighter Group (aka The Yoxford Boys) stationed at Leiston Airfield, England. As a P-51 Crew Chief Pat was awarded the Bronze Star for meritorious service. His fighter had never aborted a mission due to mechanical failure in over 300+ combat flying hours.

While stationed at Leiston, Pat met Audrey (Clegg of Nottingham, England) and they married on August 23rd, 1947 in the Bronx, New York. Pat's passion for engines led to his attaining a Master's equivalent at New York University in Education. He went on to teach automotive mechanics at Samuel Gompers and Alfred E. Smith Technical High Schools for 30 years. While teaching Pat and Audrey moved from the Bronx, NY to Old Tappan, NJ. Pat retired in 1985, where they began spending winters in Boynton Beach, Florida and summers in Spicer, Minnesota.

Pat's childhood fascination with model aviation that led him into an aircraft maintenance career in the service, never faded. He was a pioneer in the Radio Control Model Airplane Hobby. He shared that passion with his son's. Pat flew models from the time he was 14 years old until his death.

Pat is the Father of 6. Grandfather of 9 and Great Grandfather of 9.

He is survived by his wife of 66 years, Audrey (Clegg) of Boynton Beach, FL/Spicer, MN. Children Christine Swift of Salisbury Mills New York, Diane (& Debbie Longo) Buzzeo of North Palm Beach FL/Spicer, MN, James Buzzeo of Spicer, MN, Janine (& Vincent Marino) Buzzeo of Willmar, MN. Grand Children James Swift, Robin Swift, Christopher (& Carla) Buzzeo, Peter (& Jessica) Buzzeo, Michael (& Ashley) Buzzeo, Jason (& Robin) Buzzeo, James Russell Buzzeo. His Great Grandchildren Amber Ceriale, Katelynn Buzzeo, Andrew Buzzeo, Anthony James Buzzeo, Jacob Buzzeo, Cecilia Buzzeo, Anthony Pasquale Buzzeo. Daughters-in-Law Cheri Buzzeo, Janice Buzzeo and 2 Siblings.

He was proceeded in death by his parents, 6 siblings, his sons Pasquale Buzzeo, Jr, Michael Buzzeo and son-in-law George Swift.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P. Buzzeo.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	208.5 KB
ID:	1949230   Click image for larger version

Name:	Family Piz 2006 036.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	326.0 KB
ID:	1949231   Click image for larger version

Name:	gramps.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	1949232  
Old 12-20-2013, 08:09 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Jim , You have My utmost sympathies and Prayers for you and your Family .
Old 12-20-2013, 11:28 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Jim,
This is indeed sad news. I got to know Pat first while visiting Mike and then at the various events he came to with Mike and I. I do know that I'm much better off for having known your dad. He was definitely one of a kind.

One of my best memories was when I was at the flying field with you guys and your dad would call EVERY pass he made over the field. "I'm doing a low pass","this will be a high speed pass","inverted pass"!!!!

A few years ago I asked Mike how much his dad flew at his age and Mike's answer was "He burns more fuel in a week than I do in a month!!!!"

I loved when I was there for Sunday dinner and your Mom's stuffed shells. She commented that she didn't know I would be there, and your dad's comments were "Hey, there's always plenty of food and we can always squeeze another chair in at the table, Sit and enjoy!!"

You dad also was part of the "Greatest Generation" that served this country in winning WW2. His contributions to keeping "Ain't Misbehavin" flying are legend and I love telling the story.

Please pass my sympathies on to all the Buzzeo clan.

Ken

Last edited by RCKen; 12-20-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:45 AM
landeck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jim, you and your family have my condolences. It is never easy to loose a father. At least he and Mike are now flying together in clear skies.

Bruce
Old 12-20-2013, 06:37 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My thoughts and prayers are with you during this time......Dave
Old 12-21-2013, 01:14 PM
JohnBuckner

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Please accept my condolences as well.

John
Old 12-23-2013, 07:29 AM
AMA 74894

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the kind thoughts Gents. Gramps taught us well. We keep him in our memories and "press on with pride"

Here's our last group shot. (in 2007) Now I'm the one in charge of keeping my Nephews on the straight and narrow

Onward and upward, and a VERY Merry Christmas.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sixfliers.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	1950504  
Old 12-23-2013, 07:42 AM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

So sorry for your loss!! Before I knew anything about your Dad I knew he was a great man. For only a great man can raise men like he did.

David
Old 12-24-2013, 01:06 PM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Jim, I know what you are going through, I lost my dad on Saturday. Truly great men.
Old 12-24-2013, 03:12 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Condolences to you in loosing your Dad especially so close to Christmas. I didn't know him but it seems like he lived a full life. My Dad is only a few years younger and I know it's getting close to that time. Every day I pray he is with me for a little while longer.
Remember all the good times you both had over a lifetime and try and have a Merry Christmas.