Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Electric Planes

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 08:06 AM
PhotobyWD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric Planes

I have had problems with electric foam planes and removing the batteries from them. The batteries are secured with Velcro the problem is the Velcro in the plane comes out with the battery when I remove the battery. I have used two sided tape, foam safe CA, and 30 min. epoxy to secure the Velcro to the foam plane. after removing the battery 2 or 3 times the Velcro comes out of the plane with the battery. Nothing seams to hold the Velcro in the plane. Any ideas on how to secure the Velcro in the plane will be appreciated. Thanks; Bill
Old 01-08-2014, 04:41 PM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some of the velcro has to good a grip, so I take a pair of scissors and cut some of the hair off the fuzzy side till I'm satisfied that it will hold in place without tearing it off the plane. When I get it trying to peel of the plane, I use hotglue to hold it back down.

Gord
Old 01-09-2014, 03:38 PM
tacx
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Instead of putting Velcro on the battery to be pressed into Velcro glued to the plane, glue a Velcro strap into the plane so that the battery is held securely by the strap. Now all you have to do is separate the strape from itself, putting no stress on the straps glue joint.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:58 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The velcro straps are a good idea if there is enough room so they can be used. You may be using too much velcro on the battery. Try putting a small square on each end of the pack instead of one long piece.Try hot glue to hold the velcro down in the fuse.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:12 PM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had better luck using Velcro straps. With some of my planes, a piece of blue masking tape across the top of the battery and the Velcro
straps keeps the battery from moving back and forth. Putting pieces of Velcro on the battery bottom and battery "box" makes for difficulty in quick removal.