Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Yeah welcome to the hot chicks forum. Speaking of hot chicks, I hope the good folks at Hobby King poke some holes in the those shipping boxes like they do for for a lot of their airplanes.
    I really try to stay out of the HK forums now but since I'm here, I might as well comment.

I do like Hobbyking and still use them occasionally, but I have to agree with Flyinwalenda and Topspin on one point, Refunds do take a very very long time.

I had no issues until Nov last year then they dropped the ball on 4 orders from the international warehouse that never arrived.

Lots of emails and patience required but they did refund all four orders eventually. (about 8 weeks later)

Great if all goes well with delivery but if you have a problem be prepared for a long wait until your get your money back.
    My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my planes for what I told her they cost.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    A young kid at our field ordered a bunch of batteries from the US warehouse on the 14th of December. The order showed up missing four of them so he contacted HK support. After arguing with them for three months he said they finally sent him the missing batteries last Monday. In a way thats a blessing since the weather is just starting to warm up.
    RC Aircraft/ Three Laws Safe.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    A young kid at our field ordered a bunch of batteries from the US warehouse on the 14th of December. The order showed up missing four of them so he contacted HK support. After arguing with them for three months he said they finally sent him the missing batteries last Monday. In a way thats a blessing since the weather is just starting to warm up.
    They could learn a thing or two from Amazon, I have been in a hotel in Avon CO for the past week, placed two orders with Amazon on separate days. Both orders were placed around 4pm and were delivered before 10am the next day. One order came from Seattle, via Ontario with really accurate tracking info.

I thought the shipping cost for 1 day guaranteed was reasonable also.
    My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my planes for what I told her they cost.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Ok guys, let's get the thread back on track very quickly or I'm going to start putting a few people on Moderated Status.

Ken
    The take off is optional, but the landing is MANDATORY!!
    RCU Forum Manager
    www.gettingairborne.com
    RCKen Publications
    Brotherhood's
    Ultra Sport Brother #1
    Sig Brotherhood #4
    Balsa USA #4

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Charley View Post
    I ordered a couple of LiPo batteries from HK early in Jan,14. Through some mixup (maybe mine) the order was listed for "Local Pickup"in Lakeland, WA. To their credit, they sent me an Email asking me if this was correct. I tried to arrange to have it sent to my home in TX. I paid a Paypal request from HK for the shipping charge. Then the fun began! After 2 wks of Emails & 3 chats wherein I was promised the shipment would be made within 2 days, I cancelled the order tonight. We'll see if my refund to PP comes through within 2 wks.. I've made many orders from HK that went fine. But once things get messed up, good luck on their CS to get it right.

My latest info is that HK's USA Warehouse consists of a guy who drop ships through a UPS store in Lakeland, WA.

Anyone know more about them?

CR
    As a follow up: I finally got my $$ out of HK but I had to use a Paypal claim to get the $$ back. I've been buying from HK for years, never had a problem before but they certainly seem to have a policy of no or slow refunds. Meanwhile, they string you along as long as they can.

CR
    Charley
    ccrobins@ktc.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    As a follow up: I finally got my $$ out of HK but I had to use a Paypal claim to get the $$ back. I've been buying from HK for years, never had a problem before but they certainly seem to have a policy of no or slow refunds. Meanwhile, they string you along as long as they can.

CR
    That's so your dispute rights period runs out.

90 days for credit cards, 30 days for PayPal.

I never let thatha.
    Club Saito #785 - FA91S, FA150, FA180, FA180HC/BBC, FA200TI, FA300TTDP: All with CH Ignitions CDI/Glow fuel
    SIG BH #41
    - 1/3 Spacewalker, Rascal 110
    CUB BH #231 - Wings Maker 1/5 J-3 Cub

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by SrTelemaster150 View Post
    That's so your dispute rights period runs out.

90 days for credit cards, 30 days for PayPal.

I never let thatha.

My dispute took about six weeks to resolve ... I got my money back.

Goods were apparently lost in transit. You'd expect it to take a while to resolve.

Anyway, HK had fulfilled their contract. They had despatched the goods for which I had paid. They had despatched them via the courier that I specified.

HK was under no obligation to refund me. My dispute really lay with the courier. So, I'm very pleased with the outcome.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by bogbeagle View Post

Goods were apparently lost in transit. You'd expect it to take a while to resolve.

Anyway, HK had fulfilled their contract. They had despatched the goods for which I had paid. They had despatched them via the courier that I specified.

HK was under no obligation to refund me. My dispute really lay with the courier. So, I'm very pleased with the outcome.
    What a dispute does is put pressure on the vendor to resolve the issue whether it is the courier's fault or not. The vendor has far more sway to pressure the courier than an individual.
    Club Saito #785 - FA91S, FA150, FA180, FA180HC/BBC, FA200TI, FA300TTDP: All with CH Ignitions CDI/Glow fuel
    SIG BH #41

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm glad that you were pleased with the outcome, I would not have been but that is just a personal difference.

I can't speak for the UK since I don't live there but here in the US the onus is on the vendor, not the shipper, to make sure that you receive the goods that you paid for. Here it is Hobby Kings responsiblity to take care of the custoomer and settle any issues with the courrier or the Postal Service. All US companies abide by this for obvious reasons but some overseas companies don't simply because they can get away with it.

We here are extremely lucky to have a wealth of domestic sources that offer realy great pricing and good service as well. So in the US at least, we don't really need Hobby King except the the few cheap skates who think they are going to get a good deal, until they don't.....

I would have a problem with a company stringing me out for six weeks and I think most Americans would also.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob2160 View Post
    They could learn a thing or two from Amazon, I have been in a hotel in Avon CO for the past week, placed two orders with Amazon on separate days. Both orders were placed around 4pm and were delivered before 10am the next day. One order came from Seattle, via Ontario with really accurate tracking info.

I thought the shipping cost for 1 day guaranteed was reasonable also.
    I always check out the different shipping options with Amazon and McMaster-Carr when I order. I remember one order in particular with McMaster-Carr that regular shipping was whatever normal shipping is - about $8.00 or so. This was a phone order. 2nd day air was way more. Overnight was less than six bucks. You know which option I chose. Shipping is weird.

I've gotten huge ARF boxes that had a shipping sticker on them for $11.85 from UPS. I've tried to ship smaller and lighter boxes through UPS and was charged over $100. I really don't get it. I mean even if it's a business account and volume thing that's an enormous difference.
    Work is what I do for the love of it. A job is how I pay for it.
    Please visit AirfieldModels.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I can't speak for the UK since I don't live there but here in the US the onus is on the vendor, not the shipper, to make sure that you receive the goods that you paid for.

That sounds ... odd.

I chose the cheapest, non-insured shipping option.

It defies my senses to understand how the loss of the goods can be attributable to HK.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    That sounds ... odd.

It defies my senses to understand how the loss of the goods can be attributable to HK.
    because that is who you sent your money too,, as we say over here,, it's a no brainer
    You're so smart,, you figured out how to read this!! Or maybe ya just got lucky??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I can't speak for the UK since I don't live there but here in the US the onus is on the vendor, not the shipper, to make sure that you receive the goods that you paid for. Here it is Hobby Kings responsiblity to take care of the custoomer and settle any issues with the courrier or the Postal Service. All US companies abide by this for obvious reasons but some overseas companies don't simply because they can get away with it.

We here are extremely lucky to have a wealth of domestic sources that offer realy great pricing and good service as well. So in the US at least, we don't really need Hobby King except the the few cheap skates who think they are going to get a good deal, until they don't.....

I would have a problem with a company stringing me out for six weeks and I think most Americans would also.
    That sounds ... odd.

Quote Originally Posted by scale only 4 me View Post
    because that is who you sent your money too,, as we say over here,, it's a no brainer
    Even though the buyer might choose the shipper, the shipper enters into a contract with the seller. The seller is ultimately responsible to refund the buyer & must seek reimbursement from the shipper, not the buyer.
    SIG BH #41

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by SrTelemaster150 View Post
    Even though the buyer might choose the shipper, the shipper enters into a contract with the seller. The seller is ultimately responsible to refund the buyer & must seek reimbursement from the shipper, not the buyer.
    Clarification,,, the buyer chooses from the list of shippers the seller has chosen to do business with,,, aka trust to deliver the product,, still the seller's choice
    You're so smart,, you figured out how to read this!! Or maybe ya just got lucky??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by scale only 4 me View Post
    Clarification,,, the buyer chooses from the list of shippers the seller has chosen to do business with,,, aka trust to deliver the product,, still the seller's choice
    And still the sellers responsibility.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    And still the sellers responsibility.
    Nonsense, anybody here has any idea of the meaning of the acronym FOB? (Free on board). You buy stuff FOB your seller. They use XXX for the shipment, but when something happens, you present the claim to Fedex. Happened to me with some office furniture... Now, if they sell FOB the buyer's address, it is a different story. Risk passes to the buyer at the time it arrives to his place of business/home.

And this is for inside the US shipments... I am surprised by some silly comments on these threads. Apparently the la-la land dwellers are many.

Gerry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by GerKonig View Post
    Nonsense, anybody here has any idea of the meaning of the acronym FOB? (Free on board). You buy stuff FOB your seller. They use XXX for the shipment, but when something happens, you present the claim to Fedex. Happened to me with some office furniture... Now, if they sell FOB the buyer's address, it is a different story. Risk passes to the buyer at the time it arrives to his place of business/home.

And this is for inside the US shipments... I am surprised by some silly comments on these threads. Apparently the la-la land dwellers are many.

Gerry
    Takes one to know one Gerry. When you buy something from a mail order store in the US you enter into a contract with them. Under the law they are bound to deliver the goods to you that you paid for. So, if the shipper drops the ball it is up to the seller to settle with the consumer and the shipper.

The only reason that certain foriegn sellers don't do that is because they know that most people won't force the issue. However, even Hobby King if properly pressed will do a postal investigation ( they have to, you can't ) and will refund your money (eventually) or re-send your order (eventually) or, keep your money and do nothing (that also happens).

Now go back to la la land.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    FOB ? We are not talking about a container shipment from HK to a buyers warehouse. In those cases the buyer usually does assume all the risk after the container is loaded and on the way, .
    We are discussing a retailer selling to an end user . In that case the retailer HK is responsible to make sure the item reaches the buyer in good working condition ,if not the retailer is responsible to replace it or compensate the buyer for loss and then wait to recoup any insurance claims, etc.. Same for a person to person sale . the seller is responsible to make sure the item reaches the buyer in good working condition. If the seller does not take out insurance and something happens then it's the sellers loss to make the buyer whole.
    Of course the buyer can make a different contract with the seller and act as the shipper(buyer using their own shipping account or company) . Then the seller is off of the hook for insurance and any shipping damages that may occur .
    Last edited by flyinwalenda; 03-10-2014 at 06:58 PM.
    Brian Ray

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinwalenda View Post
    FOB ? We are not talking about a container shipment from HK to a buyers warehouse. In those cases the buyer usually does assume all the risk after the container is loaded and on the way, .
    We are discussing a retailer selling to an end user . In that case the retailer HK is responsible to make sure the item reaches the buyer in good working condition ,if not the retailer is responsible to replace it or compensate the buyer for loss and then wait to recoup any insurance claims, etc.. Same for a person to person sale . the seller is responsible to make sure the item reaches the buyer in good working condition. If the seller does not take out insurance and something happens then it's the sellers loss to make the buyer whole.
    Of course the buyer can make a different contract with the seller and act as the shipper(buyer using their own shipping account or company) . Then the seller is off of the hook for insurance and any shipping damages that may occur .
    Why do I feel like you're a shill for the sellers?

CR
    Charley
    ccrobins@ktc.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    "In that case the retailer HK is responsible to make sure the item reaches the buyer in good working condition "

I can sympathise with that view ... but, in the case of HK, my choice constrains their actions.

If they were unfettered, they might well choose to send the parcels by an expensive, insured courier. But, I limited their options by choosing a cheapo delivery method. Surely, I must be culpable; at least to some degree.

I don't see how a man can be held responsible for something about which he had no choice. It seems very harsh to punish HK for a decision which I made.
    Last edited by bogbeagle; 03-11-2014 at 02:47 AM.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    "In that case the retailer HK is responsible to make sure the item reaches the buyer in good working condition "

I can sympathise with that view ... but, in the case of HK, my choice constrains their actions.

If they were unfettered, they might well choose to send the parcels by an expensive, insured courier. But, I limited their options by choosing a cheapo delivery method. Surely, I must be culpable; at least to some degree.

I don't see how a man can be held responsible for something about which he had no choice. It seems very harsh to punish HK for a decision which I made.

If you are choosing a shipper that they list on their site, it's still on them.

All this also hinges on your CC company.
    SIG BH #41

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Why do I feel like you're a shill for the sellers?

CR
    My company sells services not products:-) But I buy stuff, and once had furniture sent to me, and delivered at the wrong address. Guess with whom I had to talk to solve the problem? Yes, UPS, not the seller. This is my personal experience.
    On the other hand if I buy furniture from JC Penney (example) they delivered at my place, w/their truck (I assume, had their name on the side), and they (JCP) solved the problem of a missing part. Eons ago in a prior life working as cost accountant, we sold products FOB our dock, or FOB delivered. If we delivered using our fleet, it was FOB the buyer's place. If we used contractors, or the customer used their fleet to pick up, it was FOB our dock. So, it is not that clear cut that always you can get the seller to solve your problems. Sorry, just not so... The problem is that most people are clueless about this, but the sellers not. Caveat emptor always applies... Most likely somewhere in some small font, the seller told you so:-) In most cases the shipments arrive OK, but not always. Again caveat emptor, know what you are doing.

Gerry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I picked up an order today and remembered to take a picture. There used to be a "HobbyKing" sign over the door but it's been gone for awhile, now. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0001.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	3.07 MB 
ID:	1979947
    Jet Central Superbee & Rabbit
    18MZ FASSTest for everything I fly

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I remember that!
    \"IF YOU HAVE TOO MANY AIRPLANES -FLY BOLDLY AND REDUCE YOUR NUMBER\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by rcguy59 View Post
    I picked up an order today and remembered to take a picture. There used to be a "HobbyKing" sign over the door but it's been gone for awhile, now. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0001.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	3.07 MB 
ID:	1979947
    Probably getting ready for a quick escape/midnight departure.
    Brian Ray

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast