Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

NOT screwed by Hobbyking.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 02:14 PM
topspin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Thomas B
I have the best part of 100 orders from HK. All delivered on time, complete and without defect...except for one 3 cell 5000 lipo. Two cells arrived at 1.6 and the third was at 5volts. I opened a issue/topic online with their customer service. They asked me to send a photo of the battery with cell voltages shown for each cell. I did so and about two weeks later I was credited the cost of the battery. Ordered a replacement pack with a few other things shortly thereafter and the new battery was perfect.

Your mileage my vary, but I am pretty happy with them.
So did you have to ship the defective one back to them?
Old 01-14-2014, 04:19 PM
rcflyer60
My Feedback: (15)

To all of the HK and other China outfit lovers -- I must ask you if you will be happy someday with your kids or grand kids working in China or for a Chinese company ??
I recently ordered a new motor and gear drive for my OLD LMR sailplane -- old motor was a brushed Astro flight that was 14 years old !! The inspection sticker was dated Jan 99. When I called to order a new brushless motor from Astro Flight -- are you ready --- they asked if I would like them to repair my old motor. THAT is customer service. And, they did not have a motor in stock for me but I still received my new Astro Flight motor and gear drive in 9 days. Proudly made in Irvine Calif , USA. Did I pay a few bucks more , you bet and I was very glad to do it. And boy oh boy are these folks friendly.
Yea, I did try HK once for a real small motor and speed control -- on the phone they reported all items in stock so the order was placed. Six weeks later the order arrived from China. This adds up to slow as molasses and playing fast and loose with the truth as well.
Y'all do as you wish -- I'll stick with made in the USA.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:22 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm very happy with my Chinese girlfriend. I much prefer her than an American girl.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	01x.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	1957759  
Old 01-14-2014, 05:35 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually our kids and grandkids are already working for the Chinese-The baby boomers sold us out!!!!
Old 01-14-2014, 06:10 PM
stoneenforcer
My Feedback: (23)

Originally Posted by bogbeagle
Lots of people claim that Tower, Horizon, etc are "reputable" ... but, then they go and buy stuff from HobbyKing.

Where is your loyalty to those "reputable" dealers?

If they are so good, I'd have thought that you'd use them exclusively.

I order plenty from them too. In this case, they don't sell what I was looking for... a Dynamic S warm liner
Old 01-14-2014, 07:31 PM
topspin

Originally Posted by stoneenforcer
I order plenty from them too. In this case, they don't sell what I was looking for... a Dynamic S warm liner
Same here, as much as I like HH and Tower they don't have Air Flow Research heads for a 5.0 Liter Ford so I'm forced to go elsewhere. So what??
Old 01-14-2014, 07:41 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Never one problem with HK....
Old 01-15-2014, 06:11 AM
CRX Turbines

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What a worthless argument... I have ordered more things than I can count from hobby king and never gotten screwed. Amazon huh? You have to rip through a lot of fine print to figure out where your item is coming from when you order from Amazan. They do a superb job of hiding where items come from. Order from wherever you like... If you want to order from Hobby King fine, from tower fine. whatever.. it is all made somewhere else beside the US anyway..

Originally Posted by topspin
How nice.

Nother good news story. I placed an order with Amazon for a DVD player and a sound bar for my daughter in San Diego, got free two day shipping. They sent it to her old address by mistake so I called them on the phone.

They said, " No probem we will send another one out today". I asked what about the one that went to the wrong address? They said, " We will take care of that, you don't need to do anything else".

She got it one day later. That's what I call customer service.

Another good news story. I ordered two motors, prop adaptors, propellers, and two ESC's from HURC last monday. Two dollar shipping and the order showed up on Wednesday, three days. Can't beat that.

So tell me again why six weeks to get a refund is so good? I bet if the Bank took your money and didn't pay you any interest you would find another bank and yet you are perfectly OK with Hobby King keeping your money for six weeks.

And how do you even know the package was lost in transit, do you know how rare that is in this age of computer and barcode tracking systems? They use that as an excuse because they never shipped your stuff. If they did you would have had a working tracking number that said where it was. In that case it would only take them 24 hours to find it and get you a refund if they were an honest company.

By the way before you ask, I knew the Amazon package went to the wrong address because UPS sent me notice of delivery that included the address. They know where stuff is at all times. Hobby King actually screwed you and your still smiling. Go ahead and waste your money with them.

The End.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:45 AM
topspin

Originally Posted by croatiablu
What a worthless argument... I have ordered more things than I can count from hobby king and never gotten screwed. Amazon huh? You have to rip through a lot of fine print to figure out where your item is coming from when you order from Amazan. They do a superb job of hiding where items come from. Order from wherever you like... If you want to order from Hobby King fine, from tower fine. whatever.. it is all made somewhere else beside the US anyway..
So? I don't care where it comes from. What I do care about is that Amazon does a fantastic job of solving any problems and they do it immediately, not six weeks or six months from now. Way to change the subject.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:59 AM
CRX Turbines

Change the subject? You compared a company (Amazon) that is a glorifed garage sale, aka ebay to a company that actually provides good customer care... this topic has been raised more times than I can count.... I am sorry Tspin but if you count up the number of satisifed customers out there compared to begrudged ones, I think you'd be forced to sit down... Anyone that orders from Hobby King knows exactly what they are doing and they know if they do not pay for express shipping that it will take a while to get their order. They dont cover up the fact that they are reselling someone elses products which is my beef with Amazon....

So? I don't care where it comes from. What I do care about is that Amazon does a fantastic job of solving any problems and they do it immediately, not six weeks or six months from now. Way to change the subject.

Last edited by CRX Turbines; 01-15-2014 at 10:05 AM.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:27 AM
topspin

Change the subject? You compare a company that is a glorifed garage sale, aka ebay to a company that actually provides good cuctomer care... this topic has been raised more times than I can count.... I am sorry Tspin but if you count up the number of satisifed customers out there compared to begrudged ones, I think you'd be forced to sit down...
Ebay???? Since when is Amazon Ebay? All I know is they have fantastic customer service, Ebay indeed.

And then there is this:
You compare a company that is a glorifed garage sale, aka ebay to a company that actually provides good cuctomer care...
Since when did Hobby King ever provide customer care let alone good customer care? How about nada, they don't understand that concept.
And as for all of those satisfied customers I have to wonder why we see complaints about Hobby Kings non-existent customer service on every RC website every single day and yet you very rarely see any complaints about HH, Tower, Hobby Parts, Heads Up or a dozen other on line retailers. Wonder why that is?

I'll sit down when I see their level of service and number of complaints drop in line with all of the other large online retailers. And please don't try to hand us the tired old "they fill five thousand orders a day" According to the chosen few Hobby King has been filling five thousand orders a day for the last three years and it never changes. I wonder how many orders Horizon and Tower fill each day? Bet its as many as Hobby King and they manage to provide first class service. Even the dozens of smaller online shops manage to sell at prices comparable to Hobby King and yet they too have excellent customer service.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:35 AM
CRX Turbines

Wow you are making my top spin alright.. You brought up Amazon. What is your point? That 6 weeks is a long time. For those that deal with HK they know this so what is your point. you bashed someone for saying they were happy with the resolution they received. so what is/was your point.....

Oh BTW we ordered a helicopter off Amazon just 2 weeks ago... it appears that this came from another vendor off amazon so if you don't really probe you can get stung. The thing stunk like it came out of a musty basement. Tried to speak to someone about that and went no where..

PM me if you want to keep this going.

Ebay???? Since when is Amazon Ebay? All I know is they have fantastic customer service, Ebay indeed.

And then there is this:

Since when did Hobby King ever provide customer care let alone good customer care? How about nada, they don't understand that concept.
And as for all of those satisfied customers I have to wonder why we see complaints about Hobby Kings non-existent customer service on every RC website every single day and yet you very rarely see any complaints about HH, Tower, Hobby Parts, Heads Up or a dozen other on line retailers. Wonder why that is?

I'll sit down when I see their level of service and number of complaints drop in line with all of the other large online retailers. And please don't try to hand us the tired old "they fill five thousand orders a day" According to the chosen few Hobby King has been filling five thousand orders a day for the last three years and it never changes. I wonder how many orders Horizon and Tower fill each day? Bet its as many as Hobby King and they manage to provide first class service. Even the dozens of smaller online shops manage to sell at prices comparable to Hobby King and yet they too have excellent customer service.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:30 PM
keyman
My Feedback: (22)

As far as I can tell the OP only has this 1 thread about HK, I really do not think he is the elusive $100 person (PRODUCT review) and he did get disrespected pretty quick by quite a few here.

I tried to help member Jecchille here with the problem with his HK T6 tx and he only had the one model of the orange rx to test it with and he could not get the bind light to go solid, it kept flashing, the radio worked fine but the light would not go solid, he got a refund from HK and was told to keep the TX.

I do not know if it is allowed to post links to the other website but a guy over there got upset his $217 plus shipping HK heli was taking too long in customs during the holiday season and did a charge back and got his money back along with the heli.

I'm sure some day someone in their lifetime will have a problem with a vendor but I have never seen a post where someone had a problem when using paypal backed up by a CC and both paypal and the CC cited with the vendor and not the buyer??

If there is a link where both CC and paypal would not help the buyer would they please post that link.

Last edited by keyman; 01-15-2014 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:52 PM
topspin

Wow you are making my top spin alright.. You brought up Amazon. What is your point? That 6 weeks is a long time. For those that deal with HK they know this so what is your point. you bashed someone for saying they were happy with the resolution they received. so what is/was your point.....

Oh BTW we ordered a helicopter off Amazon just 2 weeks ago... it appears that this came from another vendor off amazon so if you don't really probe you can get stung. The thing stunk like it came out of a musty basement. Tried to speak to someone about that and went no where..

PM me if you want to keep this going.
So I se where you bought a jet from Banana Hobby and it had broken parts and crummy servos. I also see that you posted your disdain for them and ho it was impossible to get them to fix anything. Bought any planes from Hobby King lately? I can PM you a few dozen URLs for complaints just like yours only they wer from HK.

But what I really want to know is, what can you tell me about HKNYC? Huh?
Old 01-15-2014, 08:05 PM
CRX Turbines

I have not dealt with HK NYC. I have only dealt with them through their Hong Kong base. Not sure why you are asking that. I hate to say it but i think this is very much like harbor freight. there are some really good items there and there are some real horribly made items that you generally want to stay away from.

You are right, I dealt with Banana Hobby and will never deal with them again.

So I se where you bought a jet from Banana Hobby and it had broken parts and crummy servos. I also see that you posted your disdain for them and ho it was impossible to get them to fix anything. Bought any planes from Hobby King lately? I can PM you a few dozen URLs for complaints just like yours only they wer from HK.

But what I really want to know is, what can you tell me about HKNYC? Huh?
Old 01-15-2014, 08:18 PM
topspin

I have not dealt with HK NYC. I have only dealt with them through their Hong Kong base. Not sure why you are asking that. I hate to say it but i think this is very much like harbor freight. there are some really good items there and there are some real horribly made items that you generally want to stay away from.

You are right, I dealt with Banana Hobby and will never deal with them again.
Well then I guess you know how I feel about Hobby King then. By the way, here is some light reading on how HK treats customers with problems like the one you had with your jet. http://www.resellerratings.com/store...by_King/page/2
Old 01-16-2014, 04:35 AM
happycamper

Not liking hobby king is one thing but going on a monomanic crusade against them is another. I don't like hobby king, I wasted 300 bucks but that does not mean I will prowl these forums interrogating their happy customers like some paranoid small town sherriff.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:04 AM
CRX Turbines

TS I read the quote but I also saw some others that were positive. Honestly, it looks to me like they have issues with their plane quality. It is like Harbor Freight. Watch the power stuff but hand tools are great. I mainly buy tools and hardware from Hobby King. Once and a while some of their turbine accessories but never bought a plane. I am not a huge fan of electrics and most of my planes are scratch built or kit built. I also will never trust the electronics as in servos from these guys although I have a couple of the orange RX Futaba knock off units which work great for me but I only use them for bench testing turbines,,,

Well then I guess you know how I feel about Hobby King then. By the way, here is some light reading on how HK treats customers with problems like the one you had with your jet. http://www.resellerratings.com/store...by_King/page/2

Last edited by CRX Turbines; 01-16-2014 at 05:07 AM.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:34 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

TS I read the quote but I also saw some others that were positive. Honestly, it looks to me like they have issues with their plane quality. It is like Harbor Freight. Watch the power stuff but hand tools are great. I mainly buy tools and hardware from Hobby King. Once and a while some of their turbine accessories but never bought a plane. I am not a huge fan of electrics and most of my planes are scratch built or kit built. I also will never trust the electronics as in servos from these guys although I have a couple of the orange RX Futaba knock off units which work great for me but I only use them for bench testing turbines,,,

A few positives in a sea of negatives and most of the positives had negative things to say about customer service,
Most posting here are missing the point . It's not about the STUFF. You can buy the same stuff almost anywhere and some of it is good, some is OK, while some is garbage. It's not about the stuff, it's about customer service. How long does it take to get the stuff, what happens when you don't, how long does it take to resolve defect or delivery problems (if they do or will ) and how painful is the entire process?
Old 01-16-2014, 07:36 AM
CRX Turbines

Flyin... I have never had an issue and got off here last night and ordered a bunch of items I need. My son orders from them all the time. My hobby store down the street now carriers HK. It is like going to a place that bags your groceries or to a gas station that pumps your gas (if you can find one)... If customer service matters to you then buy local or whatever floats your boat (or yer plane). if customer service was at all important to me in this case, I would not shop here. It is a hobby. I am spending minimal amounts of money at any given time and if they screw me and don't help me then I might not deal with them again. I think everyone gets it very loud and clear...

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
A few positives in a sea of negatives and most of the positives had negative things to say about customer service,
Most posting here are missing the point . It's not about the STUFF. You can buy the same stuff almost anywhere and some of it is good, some is OK, while some is garbage. It's not about the stuff, it's about customer service. How long does it take to get the stuff, what happens when you don't, how long does it take to resolve defect or delivery problems (if they do or will ) and how painful is the entire process?

Last edited by CRX Turbines; 01-16-2014 at 07:38 AM.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:39 AM
bchapman

Horizon Hobby Rules!!!!
Old 01-16-2014, 11:25 AM
keyman

HK is opening a customer service center in NY so hopefully things will improve and yes Horizon has EXCELLENT customer service, hopefully it will not change now with a change of owners.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:38 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

hobbyking pays me more than any other distributor-they will pay you too!!!!!!!!!

HK HATERS trying to reel all you in

Last edited by PLANE JIM; 01-16-2014 at 05:42 PM. Reason: ENTERTAINMENT
Old 01-17-2014, 05:15 AM
cloudancer03

Time to end this .as hannity says we are right and they are wrong.that can not be broken.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:18 PM
Oregon Craig

Originally Posted by keyman
HK is opening a customer service center in NY so hopefully things will improve and yes Horizon has EXCELLENT customer service, hopefully it will not change now with a change of owners.
I predict that there will be no way to possibly handle the large number of complaints. The few that do get "helped" will just get the same standard canned answers. It will feel as if someone is "helping" you, but they won't be. This will also be temporary and relatively short lived.

"Things are getting better" is part of the three part hk-shill mantra. This has been said for many years with no proof or demonstrative results. Nothing is getting better...they do not care. The first two talking points are of course "I have xx orders without a problem" and "if not for the saints at hk I would not be able to afford this hobby". Beware of anyone who knows the exact number of perfect hk orders they have placed, the higher the number the more suspicious. Also, if all you can afford to fly is pre molded asian junk with poor hardware and electronics, then you aren't actually "in" this hobby. You play with children's toys. You aren't in my hobby anyway.

I was a little surprised to see the official hk shills spreading canned answers over on rcg, then I remembered that hk owns rcg, then it all made sense. They own two online rc forums. The one linked to from the hk website, and rcg.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.