Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

NOT screwed by Hobbyking.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 04:12 PM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PLANE JIM
I remember that!
Or they did not want anyone to know they are Hobby King because disgruntled purchasers might bust them up for not doing the right thing.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:30 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
Probably getting ready for a quick escape/midnight departure.
You may be right
Old 04-14-2014, 09:15 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

reguy59, is that a picture of the HK warehouse in Washington?
Old 04-14-2014, 04:16 PM
rcguy59
My Feedback: (8)

Yup. That is the U.S. warehouse. Doesn't look like much from the front, but you could hangar a couple of DC-3's in the actual warehouse. They have about 30 people just pulling orders, and 3 or 4 working up front in the office. Very friendly and helpful, too.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:42 PM
JollyPopper

I must say I am impressed. I wonder why they won't accept my credit card.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:47 PM
rcguy59

No idea. I always use PayPal.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:56 AM
Charley
My Feedback: (2)

Originally Posted by rcguy59
No idea. I always use PayPal.
That's the best way to deal with HK. I'd never have gotten my refund out of HK if it hadn't been for Paypal's intervention. HK does well in the normal course of order & delivery but if something goes wrong their customer service department seems to be oriented towards promising everything while delivering nothing.

CR
Old 04-15-2014, 08:08 AM
JollyPopper

I think for the most part we believe that HK is sadly lacking in customer service. While there are a few who claim to have gotten good response to a problem from them, most of us didn't. My questiion is: do you guys think this is a deliberate action to keep more money in their bank account(s) or are they simply that inept?
Old 04-15-2014, 09:58 AM
topspin

I do believe they hold on to the customers money as long as possible in order to collect interest and also just to have more cash in the account at all times.

I noticed the two most blatant fanboys on the Hobby King forum (on that other RC site) were casting aspersions that anyone who complains in an open forum or files a Pay Pal or credit card dispute against Hobby King is a trouble maker and trying to hide their own incompetence as a customer. Now that the Hobby King rep frequents that site I really have to wonder why they would allow people to hurl insults at their customers. I would dog them out in public for it and ask them to stay out, but I guess the fact that they don't say anything just reinforces the opinion that Hobby King is a crummy company that doesn't care about customers. I'm sure our friends get free planes, parts, or cash for their frequent dressing down of disgruntled customers who dare to complain that others might see.

Rant mode off...
Old 04-15-2014, 03:36 PM
rcguy59

With interest rates being so low these days, I can't see that as an incentive to jerk someone around and lose them as a customer. As for their account balance, With the volume of business they are doing, their cash assets at any given time are probably the least of their worries. I think they simply don't yet comprehend the importance Americans place on customer service.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:16 PM
Charley
My Feedback: (2)

Originally Posted by rcguy59
. As for their account balance, With the volume of business they are doing, their cash assets at any given time are probably the least of their worries. I think they simply don't yet comprehend the importance Americans place on customer service.
That depends on how much $$ is in dispute with the customer but is in their account earning daily interest while stringing the customer along. Perhaps sheer volume in warehousing & sales people overloads # of CS people. Depends on where the corporate emphasis is.

CR

Last edited by Charley; 04-15-2014 at 04:22 PM.