Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Trying to purchase motor for the first time, need help.

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Trying to purchase motor for the first time, need help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 04:03 PM
greenway1964
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to purchase motor for the first time, need help.

Why is it when a person was asking $39.00 for a OS 40 Surpass, and when I was the first one to offer him his asking price, he sold it to a different person who came in after me. I would always give the first person the opportunity to make the purchase. I never even got a message from him or anything. Is this how things work on this site, because if it is, I really don't think it is appropriate. We all have the same thing in common here and I would like to think that everyone is courteous and respectful. Am I wrong or is it dog eat dog here. Why would anyone jump in after I already gave an offer of the asking price? Please advise, anyone. Thank you
Old 01-22-2014, 04:21 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well. unless you were doing the deal face-to-face ,how do you know you were first to make an offer ?
Even then I don't believe there are any rules that state a seller has to sell to the first person offering their asking price. Some do but some don't..
Old 01-22-2014, 04:27 PM
greenway1964

The offer time and date are displayed under "view offers" as they are presented to the seller.

Last edited by greenway1964; 01-22-2014 at 04:29 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:58 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Could have been any number of reasons or just a mistake.

Or just the fact that people today are less respectful of things like that than they used to be.

No big deal, find another seller or take your chances on Ebay. At least here you are probably dealing with another actual modeler.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:00 AM
topspin

I would always look here first. There are a few in this hobby who try to rip people off but they usually get a reputation pretty quickly and everyone knows to avoid them. My experience has been that the vast majority of RC hobbyists are decent trustworthy folks, I have never been ripped off by a seller on RCU. You really never know who is on the other end of an Ebay transaction.

Also check the reviews for the engine you are looking to buy. The user review section on here is a valuable resource and has saved me from buying thigs that were less than good more than once.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:23 PM
greenway1964

Thanks for the heads up guys. I did end up buying an older but new in box Thunder Tiger Pro off Ebay. At least I am Pay Pal protected there.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:56 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sometimes it's a bit disappointing to miss out on that "good deal" but don't let it get you down. There is always another one around the corner.