Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hobby King Impact

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 09:20 AM
topspin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zacharyR
"i have 8 futaba 6 channel radios on 72 one hitrck on 2.4>> all my planes have there own 72 radio all have a number on them and no trouble>ill be 82 in may to old to get 8 receivers for the hiteck 2.4 now " hmm you posted this right ? looks like you're not doing with out to me ..

futaba ant made in the usa nor is hitec nor is whatever computer or eletronic device your useing to be yet just another troll on RCU ...
The last radio system I know of that was made in the USA was Kraft and I think they folded somewhere around 1980. Futaba has never been made here nor are any of the other high end radios like JR and Hitec. ll of them are made in Malyasia now becuse they have cheap labor and most of the IC's used in production are also made there thanks to Texas Instruments, Fairchild, and Motorola.

Labor markets have been shifting since WWII and since the 1990's China had the lowest cost well educated labor force along with other factors like no environmental restrictions to increase production costs. There are other countries being eyed by big industry many in South America. The only thing holding back that move is the instability of governments in those countries.

There are still a great many fine products made here in the US if you are willing to look but the truth is that many of the components are made in other countries. Last year I decided to give Ford a try and bought two new Fords, a truck for me and a car for my wife. Even though there is a sticker on the windshield of my truck that says made in Detroit with Attitude, a lot of the electronics are made overseas and the wiring harness comes from Canada.

We live in a global economy and the days of heavy industry being confined to any single country are over for good. Even China gets components from other countries so not everything that is made in China is made with 100% Chinese parts. That's just the way it is.

As for buying American, I don't really care where something is made so much as the quality of the product and the service and customer satisfaction that comes with it.

That is why I buy from American hobby stores and distributors as much as I can. I choose the quality and they provide the best service. My LHS is a little higher but they also provide top notch service and I know that if the commmunity supports them they will be there when we need them. I am also helping to feed their families and educate their kids, that's what communities do.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:25 AM
bchapman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by topspin
The last radio system I know of that was made in the USA was Kraft and I think they folded somewhere around 1980. Futaba has never been made here nor are any of the other high end radios like JR and Hitec. ll of them are made in Malyasia now becuse they have cheap labor and most of the IC's used in production are also made there thanks to Texas Instruments, Fairchild, and Motorola.

Labor markets have been shifting since WWII and since the 1990's China had the lowest cost well educated labor force along with other factors like no environmental restrictions to increase production costs. There are other countries being eyed by big industry many in South America. The only thing holding back that move is the instability of governments in those countries.

There are still a great many fine products made here in the US if you are willing to look but the truth is that many of the components are made in other countries. Last year I decided to give Ford a try and bought two new Fords, a truck for me and a car for my wife. Even though there is a sticker on the windshield of my truck that says made in Detroit with Attitude, a lot of the electronics are made overseas and the wiring harness comes from Canada.

We live in a global economy and the days of heavy industry being confined to any single country are over for good. Even China gets components from other countries so not everything that is made in China is made with 100% Chinese parts. That's just the way it is.

As for buying American, I don't really care where something is made so much as the quality of the product and the service and customer satisfaction that comes with it.

That is why I buy from American hobby stores and distributors as much as I can. I choose the quality and they provide the best service. My LHS is a little higher but they also provide top notch service and I know that if the commmunity supports them they will be there when we need them. I am also helping to feed their families and educate their kids, that's what communities do.
I couldn't agree with you more. Very well said.

Brian
Old 02-22-2014, 09:26 AM
Oregon Craig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jgracco
So whats a happy jerk off...
I've never had a sad one, but we digress. Okay, ya got me.