Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

OK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I'm on a rant here....and before you blast me..please read!!

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

OK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I'm on a rant here....and before you blast me..please read!!

Old 01-12-2014, 05:50 PM
cublover
My Feedback: (47)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I'm on a rant here....and before you blast me..please read!!

Does anyone have any problems with people who post ads on here??...Here is my thoughts about they way some of you handle transactions!! Today,,, There is a guy who has an Engine for sale. "Stock Photo", As I always do, when wanting something, I might offer the Gent something less than what he is wanting, "Deal" or I have to ask if he wants to trade,, I post it, but keep it private...its not EVERYONE'S biz on what I'm offering, and if you/seller don't want the offer, nobody knows what I offered!! I think to myself it keeps the low balling down to a min!... Anyway,,, I live on the "ratings" that RCU offers...If you have something I want, and you have say,, 30 ratings,, with everyone say'n how good of a buy'r/ seller you are...I'll send out the cash or trade first thing in the morning if you accept my offer.."I don't want my rating's bashed at all"!!! So, anyway,,,today I asked this guy if he might be interested in a trade for another engine. he said no, and I moved on.. This afternoon, I guess he thought to himself he might need my engine, and he mailed me again, asking what I was offering in detail....so I went into it...sent the mail, and waited for a reply....In waiting for the reply,I send a second mail and, I asked him to look at my ratings so he would be assured I was not going to screw him at all...I then found another picture of the engine at work, and sent it to him... I DID however tell him that since he had just one rating, that,,,,,,,,,,,((( make sure you understand what I said before you bash)))),,,,,,,,,,,, all he had to do, was box it up, ship it out and when I get a conformation from the tracking number, "Checking the weight" so on and so on,,, That I would send out my engine the next day....Now mind you,,,I was doing this on ratings, Again,,,, he had 1..... You, reading this,,Take a look at mine!! Would you have a problem doing this kind of deal?... and if so,,,why??..I just don't get it!! I sold 2 planes off RCU within the last couple years...The first one was a P-40, 1800.00$ the guy who bought it, looked at my ratings and sent me a mail say'n he was not worried at all...we made arraignments for transport to LA from Reno 3 weeks later,, for the shipment and, it went FLAWLESS!!!!! Buy'r happy, and posted the fact on my ratings!!! I just sold a Cub,,,,,$800.00 this guy waited a week till I could get it to him Reno to Bishop CA... AGAIN,,,happy and posted it to my ratings!! So back to today's "Deal".... he just emailed me about 30 mins ago, and said he didn't feel comfy sending his engine like that, and he wanted me to send cash,,,then when he got the engine he would put the cash back into my account or send it back...I sent him a reply and said,,,Really?? did you see my ratings?? I told him I felt that was an insult as well. I also told him that if he wanted to do the deal, I would make sure he got a great rating from me, so folks like you, knew he was an upstanding guy!!... I have bought things from guys who had 25 or more "Good" ratings, and I DON'T even think twice about it. But now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I'm getting to think that the guys on this site don't even look at ratings,,,or I guess they don't mean a hill of beans to anyone!!! I'll tell you,,,if I was the guy I was wanting to trade today,,I would have looked at the ratings, and sent out the engine if I really was in fact interested on doing the trade.

I just think guys, that if you ever get someone wanting to sell you something, or buy something from you...if the guy is upstanding, and honest,,why in the world would you make him wait for 3-4 weeks until the check clears and turns yellow in the sun??..send the crap out!!!... You guys do what you want,,,but If I ever offer you money or trade, and you don't have at least 5 good ratings,,,, I'll ask you to send the product to me first... Or,,,I might ask you to accept half down till it gets here...Holy Crap,,,is this to unreasonable??

Earn your ratings in the market place! Hell I did!!!
Old 01-12-2014, 05:51 PM
cublover

PS..look to the left on this box,,,,"Ratings is on my profile"...Can NOT be more easy!!!
Old 01-12-2014, 07:26 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Sorry I don't agree. Ratings don't mean a thing to me. Like any retail store you want it pay cash up front. I'm not your line of credit sorry. No cheques unless certified. No paypal, postal money orders accepted. Its my item I set the terms of the sale. If its not to your liking I understand and you have the option of spending your money with someone else no hard feelings on my part. I've dispersed whole estates this way and never had a problem.

Dennis

Last edited by Propworn; 01-12-2014 at 07:31 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:28 PM
cublover

Originally Posted by Propworn
Sorry I don't agree. Ratings don't mean a thing to me. Like any retail store you want it pay cash up front. I'm not your line of credit sorry. No cheques unless certified. No paypal, postal money orders accepted. Its my item I set the terms of the sale. If its not to your liking I understand and you have the option of spending your money with someone else no hard feelings on my part. I've dispersed whole estates this way and never had a problem.

Dennis
Don't mean a thing to you? really?? wow!!... Well.. I took the time to see yours,,,,you have 3, and all are good...So I wouldn't have a problem doing biz with you, even though you only have 3....Bugs me you wouldn't trust me since i have over 30 ratings...so you agree with this guy??..Really???....Sooooooooooo,,,you would send him a check,,,AND the trade??? I think you need to rethink...
Old 01-13-2014, 07:53 AM
Propworn

Nope feedback means very little. Personal experience for me means everything. I don’t even worry about my feedback as I make sure every customer issue is resolved to everyone’s satisfaction.

As a retailer no one left the store without paying for the items in full. As an online retailer no one gets an item without paying for it up front. Shipping and insurance is always the customer’s responsibility. A transaction goes like this. Price for item agreed upon. I package the item with your address on it then take it to the post office for price on shipping/insurance. You pay only the exact amount of shipping/insurance no handling charges. I email you the total cost. I usually accept post office money orders only. Certified cheque if agreed upon prior to sending. Send a cheque without prior authorization it will be returned to you and the cost of the return mail will now be added to your total. Postal money orders are next to impossible to forge or cancel. Your item remains on my shipping bench ready to go the same day I receive payment. It’s the only way I do business over the internet.

When I buy I accept the possibility regardless of feedback that if things go wrong I may be out the money. I have to decide if I want to purchase something and understand what the risks are. It does not matter if it’s from a retailer or private sale they are all the same in my book. All one has to do is look on the forums to see that every good retailer has detractors who were not satisfied with the sale or service. There was never a more accurate statement than Buyer Beware.

Would I trust you because you have 30 plus good reviews? No more than I would trust any other person. You are posting here because you either trusted someone you shouldn’t have or are upset someone does not take you at your word. I don’t set my expectations high enough to be upset or disappointed so I protect myself at all times. If that offends someone I have to ask why. I don’t get taken advantage of. Items I sell if you’re not happy return them in the same condition they left in and I would gladly refund your money. It’s a simple policy that has served me well these many years.

Dennis
Old 01-13-2014, 08:01 AM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Cublover, you obviously do a lot of business online. For those of us who do very little (like me) anything out of the ordinary makes us second guess what we are doing. Please keep in mind that SOP for someone who does this daily is much different than SOP for those who do it yearly. So while your ratings might ease my mind some, I would personally not do it unless it was PayPal where there was some other sort of protection. So rant away if you must, but you did ask the question.

David
Old 01-13-2014, 04:40 PM
cublover

Originally Posted by daveopam
Cublover, you obviously do a lot of business online. For those of us who do very little (like me) anything out of the ordinary makes us second guess what we are doing. Please keep in mind that SOP for someone who does this daily is much different than SOP for those who do it yearly. So while your ratings might ease my mind some, I would personally not do it unless it was PayPal where there was some other sort of protection. So rant away if you must, but you did ask the question.

David
So like I said....you guys think its alright for him to ask for cash,,,AND my trade??? i have good ratings,,,and he had one!!!!....Really???.... I know the way you guys feel is the way we have been taught over the years...I am just thinking it makes sense to look at a guys ratings before you buy OR sell..,,,If I look and see you have one,,,or better yet,,,none at all,,"Ratings",,,you REALLY want me to trust you???... I think you guys need to think about it!!!

Propworm,, I understand if you have a biz and the transaction that goes along with it....I got it.... But if a guy posted he had a Saito 5 cyl for 800$ and had NO ratings,,,,would you do what I asked of this guy,,or would you just send the funds??....2 years ago that happened right here on RCU.... I asked the guy to ship it,,,and when it got here I would send the money...Boy,,, did I get called every name in the book.... Well....he got somebody's money off another site...someone fell for it,,,,and they were pissed...hey,,,, he didn't get my 800!!!! Just Like RCU..."And I don't blame them" they post the are NOT responsible for any bad deals!!! ((((Protect your butt)))))... All im say'n is, there should be just a little bit of common sense that goes along with buy'n or selling, on RCU... I am just a realist and know when i see a good guy,,,guess I can use my head for something besides a hat rack....

So , Prop,,,Even though you only have 3 rating here....it shows you are dealing in some high dollar stuff....If you had a plane for sale here I wanted, and you were asking 5K for it...Id ship you the cash in a hot second, without a thought!!!! I know I wouldn't get screwed...

Daveopam,,,,,,,,,, Did you not see in my post he wanted the cash for the engine, and my trade before he would even THINK to send it out.....your ok with this??...again...Really??... I guess im the only lost one here....Now,,,i see you have no ratings,,if you posted for the same 5K plane as above,,,,,you might have to take 1/3 down,,,ship, and pay the rest as soon as I see the plane....no??..you wouldn't sell to me?? Really?? I don't have paypal,,,so it would have to be a check..... I guess im lost here...just bugs me I guess...What the hell do we have ratings for then???...again,,,no need to answer it,,,just bugs the crap out of me...
Old 01-13-2014, 05:55 PM
Propworn

I have 3 ratings here because most of the stuff I sell is in Canada. For the most part its just to much hassle with customs on both sides. When I purchase from the US I have it shipped to my US mailing service and pick it up when I am over there. I do cross the border at least once a week. I don't have a biz but I did work retail for some time and on occasion I am asked to dispose of estates. Some of which have been pretty extensive. Because the sale items are not mine and the cash does not belong to me but my reputation with both the seller and buyer is at stake I have to be very cautious in how the transactions are undertaken. I do not trade anything and I am not sure how I would work something like that out. I have purchased very little used that I have not done on a face to face encounter where I could inspect the item before buying. My needs hobby wise are small enough that for the most part I purchase new. I am not saying my way is better its just the way I feel most comfortable. I understand others may not agree or feel comfortable with my way and if they choose to do business elsewhere how can I complain. Everyone must find their own comfort level what ever it might be.

Something I have learned for instance is the simpler the arrangement the better. As soon as one side starts to impose conditions it opens the same opportunity to the other side which in most cases foul the deal and it goes south with both parties complaining about the other.

Ratings don't mean much as I have seen time and time again a person build good ratings on nuts and bolts transactions only to zap someone on a very high price item. Found the same person on another forum attempting to do the same thing to them there he was stupid enough to word his adds almost the same. I exposed the low life to the forum administrators and after investigating they closed his account.

I once purchased a pair of Bosch Colt Routers new from a fellow on line and they did not show up as expected. I tried contacting him several times until I was convinced I had been scammed and was about to give up. His wife contacted me shortly after the last email explaining he had gone in for emergency surgery and was making a slow recovery. She offered to try and help but his mail order business was in a bit of disarray. She said she could refund my money as she had the money order. I asked her to have him ship it to me as soon as he was able I could wait. It was only $105 including shipping. A month later I received the routers and two extra precision collets with his thanks for my patience. I only tell you this as a point that sometimes what happens is beyond our control and its no ones fault. Grown ups work these things out without going off the deep end.

When you post stuff like this your going to get many different replies many which will not agree with your point of view. I find on these forums many will take the opposing position just to foster an argument/discussion so take them with a grain of salt mine included.

Dennis
Old 01-14-2014, 04:06 AM
OldRookie
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ratings aren't accurate here so I don't rely on them, and to me they really aren't that important. I have done several transactions on here and after the transaction the other person doesn't rate me, and I in return don't rate him. Not a big deal. It is the same on ebay and RCU. If they rate me, I'll rate them.
I only deal in PayPal. and if someone wants cash, I don't do the transaction. The cash thing sends up a red flag for me. I have done over one hundred transactions with PayPal, and haven't had one problem.

Greg
Old 01-14-2014, 10:17 AM
Propworn

Before I even had an opportunity to belong to Paypal I watched a friend loose everything using their service. I don't know if things have changed but it was just to easy to get taken I felt. He had a set of Corvette outside exhaust I forget the year. They were used with some wear which he was upfront about. The fellow from the US wanted pictures so I took them and they were sent off. This is how I became involved my buddy did not have his own digital camera at the time. Long and short of the story is the price including shipping was agreed upon and the item was sent off. The buyer filed a claim stating the exhaust was not as advertised and my friends money and account were frozen. They had copies of the emails and pictures yet they found in favour of the buyer and the money was removed from my friends account. The buyer had refused to accept the shipment claiming there was damage it was his choice not to insure. The damage was confined to the packaging only according to the shipping company however if my friend wanted it back he would have to pay the return shipping. This second shipping charge together with the first was greater than the sale so he let it go. Out the cost of the shipping and the exhaust. A little searching finds this same guy was bidding on another identical exhaust system at the same time. It made us wonder if he got that one cheaper and just refused the first one. Flea Bay and Paypal were contacted neither wanted to pursue the investigation as far as they were concerned it had been closed.

That ended my interest in having a Paypal account. Make no mistake I can still use paypal as a guest to buy from Amazon or Flea bay if I need to I just don't open myself up to them being able to hold up funds from one of my sales.

Greg has made his on line system very simple and it works for him. Smart man. If I decided to purchase from him I could use Paypal as a guest which would suit him fine. Since I do not accept Paypal Greg would have to be satisfied with me refusing to go through Paypal. I certainly understand where he is coming from and I am ok with him having to withdraw his offer because I won't accept Paypal.

Remember until all is agreed upon price, shipping, method of payment and insurance there is no deal. Until there is a deal the seller is free to sell to the first one who agrees to his conditions of sale. If your attempting to get me to accept Paypal or a cheque and someone else meets my price and agrees to send a postal money order he gets the sale regardless if you were the first bidder or not.

Dennis
Old 02-02-2014, 05:49 AM
cublover

Originally Posted by OldRookie
Ratings aren't accurate here so I don't rely on them, and to me they really aren't that important. I have done several transactions on here and after the transaction the other person doesn't rate me, and I in return don't rate him. Not a big deal. It is the same on ebay and RCU. If they rate me, I'll rate them.
I only deal in PayPal. and if someone wants cash, I don't do the transaction. The cash thing sends up a red flag for me. I have done over one hundred transactions with PayPal, and haven't had one problem.

Greg
If they don't rate you, you don't rate them?? really,,,you should do it because the transaction was smooth or bad..either way it lets the rest of us know if he is a good guy to deal with!! Thanks for being lazy, and NOT letting me know,,,you right,,ratings mean nothing if guys like yourself wont even take the time to show some feedback on your buy'n or selling through RCU...
Old 02-02-2014, 05:56 AM
cublover

Just Yesterday...Feb 1st, I did a deal with a guy who has 126 "Good" ratings... it was a trade..his 120 Gasser for my OS gt55.... I sent it out...no questions asked!! why would I get ripped off?? his ratings were good on here and other sites as well!!... I have made a practice of this, and I have never been ripped off, or taken advantage of... And until I do,,I dont care if you know the Pope, and are a close follower of the church, I wont buy a damn thing from you unless you have ratings!!..
Old 02-02-2014, 05:58 AM
SrTelemaster150

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The whole "send cash" thing is suspicious to me.

What's wrong W/PayPal? At least then yiou have some protection.
Old 02-02-2014, 03:21 PM
Propworn

I don't use pay pal. Its my item, my terms, if not you have the option to shop some where else no hard feelings. Never had a problem selling anything.

Dennis
Old 02-04-2014, 04:35 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Dang, are you still ranting? :-)