Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

please help my kid...with volcano exp

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

please help my kid...with volcano exp

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 02:40 PM
jmilk93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help my kid...with volcano exp

I bought my daughter a volcano exp. She was able to use it one time only. Now there is a red blinking light on me ESC, I think that's what it's called. And there is no power to the truck. She can turn the wheels on it though. I've read that there is a reset button on the ESC? Could this be her issue. Could it be something else. I made sure that she had the battery fully charged and new batteries in her controller.any help would be greatly appreciated. I bought this truck for her and she's very excited to have it and equally upset that she can't use it. She lives out of state so I'm unable to help her out.I want to make sure I get the problem figured out so if it needs to be returned within 30 days it's allowed I can do that.any help would be greatly appreciated from both my daughter and I. Thanks.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:45 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by jmilk93
I bought my daughter a volcano exp. She was able to use it one time only. Now there is a red blinking light on me ESC, I think that's what it's called. And there is no power to the truck. She can turn the wheels on it though. I've read that there is a reset button on the ESC? Could this be her issue. Could it be something else. I made sure that she had the battery fully charged and new batteries in her controller.any help would be greatly appreciated. I bought this truck for her and she's very excited to have it and equally upset that she can't use it. She lives out of state so I'm unable to help her out.I want to make sure I get the problem figured out so if it needs to be returned within 30 days it's allowed I can do that.any help would be greatly appreciated from both my daughter and I. Thanks.
Hi jmlk93 , I know of no reset button on any ESC Ive ever seen , so I have no info to add to that . If you are certain she has the batteries fully charged , and is powering it on in the correct way , It's likely going to need to get returned . Now , the proper sequence is make sure throttle is a it's lowest position (if a pistol grip , NOT pulling the 'trigger") and turn on the transmitter first . Now connect the battery in the truck and turn any power switch it may have on . If that power up sequence fails with properly charged batteries , return it before your 30 expires .
Old 02-05-2014, 06:55 PM
jmilk93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your help. I'm questioning getting another exact model. It doesn't seem to be very kid friendly. The new bright I got her for Xmas died in two days. So not sure what to do.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:13 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by jmilk93
Thanks for your help. I'm questioning getting another exact model. It doesn't seem to be very kid friendly. The new bright I got her for Xmas died in two days. So not sure what to do.
Hi jmilk93 , Depending on the age of the child , and the depth of your wallet , it's a general rule that the more you spend the better of a product you will get . I have seen those "New Bright" RC cars in my local Benny's for some really cheap prices , and always wondered how they could make anything with a list price of $9.99 that actually works . A somewhat more reliable RC truck for a beginner usually start out at around $50 or $60 dollars .
Old 02-06-2014, 06:51 AM
AMA 74894
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

is that the Redcat Volcano EPX?
it looks like they've had issues with the ESC's and / or NimH battery depending on the specific model...
have a look here:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redc...ess-issue.html
we've also got a forum specifically for redcat racing vehicles, you'll likely get more help there:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redc...g-support-427/
tons more info already on that forum
I hope that helps!