Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

servocity.com - Terrible first impression! :(

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

servocity.com - Terrible first impression! :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 11:22 AM
Rv7garage
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs down servocity.com - Terrible first impression! :(

I just received my first order from Servo City, and based on this first impression it will be my last. Life is too short to deal with poor product support!

I bought 5 Hitec servos, and one of them is "jittery" around center- no matter what channel I put it on, or what battery is powering the setup. I called Servo City about it, and they told me that I have to contact the manufacturer! No help, just left me swinging in the wind. So we'll see how Hitec handles it, but I can only imagine that I will have to pay for postage to replace a brand new part.

And to top it off, the Futaba receiver that I ordered was not in it's original packaging- just shoved into a zipper bag. Totally unprofessional!

I'm glad I started with a small order- I'll save the big order for Tower. At least I know what I'm getting myself into with them.

Booo, servocity.com!
Old 02-06-2014, 06:20 PM
JCOKEEFE
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been doing business with ServoCity for many years and have never had a problem with what I have ordered from them or their customer service.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:25 PM
Checklst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm surprised they would not exchange the servo.......as for the Futaba, SC busts up the radio kits and sell a lot of transmitters only...............they sell the servos, receiver's, switches ect out of the original transmitter box and package it in plastic zip bag. The OEM stand alone recievers most people sell have a higher cost.

Sorry you had trouble on your first order, been ordering from them for years with out trouble but to be honest I never had a bad Hitec servo to send back either.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:36 PM
Rv7garage
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah it pretty much floored me that they foisted me off onto Hitec for the bad servo. Hitec was cool about it, and is doing the right thing.

And yes, when I purchase a "new" item, I expect it to be in the factory packaging. So be it!