Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

A relativly New Event for Fun Flys. Paint Ball.

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

A relativly New Event for Fun Flys. Paint Ball.

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 10:54 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up A relativly New Event for Fun Flys. Paint Ball.

Jetero RC Club, Humble, TX, NE Houston. experimented with a new method of Paint-Ball in their annual Competition Fun Fly, Sat. 2-22-2014. The event always has 4 named events, such as Time & Glide with Spot Landing, Bomb Drop and Limbo, Out & Back Race with Balloon Bust, and a follow-up easy like multi-plane Take-off then a mass landing of some sort. This year the 4th event was different.

While the item was advertised, it was down to the last few minutes until the better method was picked. It was an excellent pick, defined by the Club's VP in some "discussion" between he and the CD,(me), but he had the real answer. Mark, you did great.

Using Pistols, pump action with 10 balls, effective rang about 50 ft, pilots and helpers were in the pilot stations, 4 stations used, a pilot flew a model, twisting and turning just outside the 25 ft safety line. Hits were made but no damage to any model. Model was flown down the firing line until all paint balls were fired, usually about 4 times. A number of hits made with NO DAMAGE to the models. Top GUN had, IIRC, 4 hits. Most were one or two. I got ONE!
All fliers were very happy with the event as well as much endorsement by the many spectators. There were many that became great supporters, yet previous to the event they were NOT supporters, but afterwards the term "awesome" became the word with no more "dangerous", "foolish", and some other "terms" were being heard.

So if you wish to liven up your club or a Fun Fly then here is a way to go. I hope to do a All Paint Ball event soon. This event could be explored and I am sure you could find it a fun way to spend a flying session.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:54 AM
Rob2160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hossfly
Jetero RC Club, Humble, TX, NE Houston. experimented with a new method of Paint-Ball in their annual Competition Fun Fly, Sat. 2-22-2014. The event always has 4 named events, such as Time & Glide with Spot Landing, Bomb Drop and Limbo, Out & Back Race with Balloon Bust, and a follow-up easy like multi-plane Take-off then a mass landing of some sort. This year the 4th event was different.

While the item was advertised, it was down to the last few minutes until the better method was picked. It was an excellent pick, defined by the Club's VP in some "discussion" between he and the CD,(me), but he had the real answer. Mark, you did great.

Using Pistols, pump action with 10 balls, effective rang about 50 ft, pilots and helpers were in the pilot stations, 4 stations used, a pilot flew a model, twisting and turning just outside the 25 ft safety line. Hits were made but no damage to any model. Model was flown down the firing line until all paint balls were fired, usually about 4 times. A number of hits made with NO DAMAGE to the models. Top GUN had, IIRC, 4 hits. Most were one or two. I got ONE!
All fliers were very happy with the event as well as much endorsement by the many spectators. There were many that became great supporters, yet previous to the event they were NOT supporters, but afterwards the term "awesome" became the word with no more "dangerous", "foolish", and some other "terms" were being heard.

So if you wish to liven up your club or a Fun Fly then here is a way to go. I hope to do a All Paint Ball event soon. This event could be explored and I am sure you could find it a fun way to spend a flying session.
Paint ball? Pffft! Try this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR5BtXP0s0o Just kidding. The paintball event sounds like a lot of fun.

The machine guns on the other hand remind me of the Clooney line from "Three Kings"

"Why would you do that?"
Old 02-24-2014, 07:54 AM
topspin

I saw that video, talk about red necks... You have got to love the 25 mm cannon. I wonder how much the ammo cost for that little fling.

Still it would be kind of fun to blow a couple of clips through an M4 just for old times sake.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:38 AM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by topspin
I saw that video, talk about red necks... You have got to love the 25 mm cannon. I wonder how much the ammo cost for that little fling.

Still it would be kind of fun to blow a couple of clips through an M4 just for old times sake.
Yes that cannon had me laughing.

It would be fun, a semi auto 12 gauge would work too.