Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Hobby King in stock numbers.

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hobby King in stock numbers.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 01:52 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobby King in stock numbers.

This is a serious question for all you folks who have had hundreds of orders with Hobby King with no problems. I am wanting to try their covering for any number of reasons, but in going through the US warehouse listing, they only have stock of very few of the colors and the ones they do have stock, they are only showing quantities of 2 or 3. I would have suspected a supplier as big as the King to have a couple dozen of each of the colors in stock and more of the white, black etc. Now we all know what happens when an order includes a back ordered item, so my question is how accurate are their stock numbers. If they show 2 in stock, is that pretty accurate or will that item likely be back ordered, holding up the entire order with no refund until the item comes in. I have worked in auto parts places when you could bet big bucks on the stock level being accurate, but I have reservations about the King.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:44 PM
AMA 74894
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm neither a HK lover NOR basher... but I have ordered from them (US warehouse only) just checked, 40 orders over ~ 2 years.
I have ordered items from them which showed two in stock, and several times with items that showed less than 5 in stock.
I have not ever had an order issue with these items.
that being said, I WOULD watch my order like a hawk and cancel it IF I see anything out of the ordinary.
like if it has not shipped after 5 days...

(incidentally I've ordered covering from them... great stuff!)
Old 02-24-2014, 03:18 PM
JollyPopper

Yeah, Jim, I have heard nothing but good about this stuff, one of the reasons I want to try it. But I am on a limited budget and really do not want to get in a situation where my money is held hostage in a back order scenario. Good to hear, at least in your experience, their stock quantities can be relied upon.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:00 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JollyPopper
Yeah, Jim, I have heard nothing but good about this stuff, one of the reasons I want to try it. But I am on a limited budget and really do not want to get in a situation where my money is held hostage in a back order scenario. Good to hear, at least in your experience, their stock quantities can be relied upon.
The very fact that you feel the need to ask your question should tell you to order from a quality, US based, company, that has a solid reputation.

If your order from the Illinois based suppliers, you know what you are getting, and you know that you will get it, or get your money back.

There will be no worries about your hard earned cash being held hostage, if the product is unavailable.

Sometimes, spending a little more is worth the piece of mind.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:13 AM
topspin

The Hobby King US warehouse supposedly has a working phone number now. I have read that it is for first time buyers but it couldn't hurt to call them and just ask. I have not used their covering but have heard that it is pretty good stuff. I suppose if you use Pay Pal and they don't deliver you have some protection. Going through the Pay Pal process is not pain free, it is a nut roll and half but they will get your money refunded if it comes to that.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:25 AM
JollyPopper

TomCrump, I have no problem buying this stuff from a US based company that has a solid reputation. Hobby King holds no special fascinaiton for me. Do you know what company sells this product, whatever it is called, that the King is selling and I have heard so much good about?
Old 02-25-2014, 02:59 PM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

TomCrump, I have no problem buying this stuff from a US based company that has a solid reputation. Hobby King holds no special fascinaiton for me. Do you know what company sells this product, whatever it is called, that the King is selling and I have heard so much good about?
No, I can't help ya, there. Most call it Chinakote.

I was suggesting that you use Mono or Ultra. (the Illinios based companies).