Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

I Am Sick!

Old 03-02-2014, 07:19 AM
Rv7garage
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

George- your mature, measured response is a breath if fresh air.

Let's keep the politics and acrimony out if the RCU forums, people!
Old 03-02-2014, 08:42 AM
GallopingGhostler

Received 79 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Worked Hard 10-12 hour shifts 7 days a week Great job till the company was bought out If U can't stand the smell of the place after all those good years it time to get out. they made an offer. 2 nights later I handed in my apron and badge Loaded the Tool Boxes in the truck and never looked back that's almost 14 years ago. Only 57 1/2 then Great job don't miss the 7 day/week though. There aren't many opportunities like that any more. Now I fly any day that ends in a "Y" except Rain"Y" & Wind"Y". Have a great life and make of it what U can is all I meant.
Understand that HoundDog and it's why I decided to cash in the chips two years ago. I do about the same as you, except that I fly not on Wind"IER" days. We annually average 17 inches of precip a year, less recently because of drought, and thus worry not about the Rain'Y", much less the Rain"IER".

Regarding why some decide not to disclose their location, perhaps it is concern of lessened privacy on the 'net, and recently trolling activities on these forums. Fortunately, RCU admin has a low tolerance for such and will bring unjustified abusive posting to an end. It is one of the reasons why I enjoy posting on RCU.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:45 AM
topspin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GallopingGhostler
There are things that have been done by past US administrations that I do not wholeheartedly agree with and that I must indirectly participate in, such as the social retirement system in general, and that those who have not paid into it are receiving direct benefit through early supplemental payments, because they are poor. There are those who are poor who have no desire to excel in life, who are truly not whom I'd consider poor. Not being in-compassionate, there truly unfortunate out there. I speak not of those.

Since I've been paying into this social retirement system for the past almost 5 decades, (of which the recent administration has had the audacity to call it a benefit, it is only due that when my time comes, I be allowed to receive from it as well.

But hopefully I prefer to speak and hear of better things, and how our miniature aeronautical wonders, our model aeroplanes are able to take flight and escape the political undertones as they flit through the skies, how those endowed with building and finishing abilities are able to make us wonder at how they in such simple terms are able to produce such fine finishes replicating the real in such miniature, and how those with such mechanical finesse are able to squeak the last drop of petrol to cause their miniature marvels to seek the higher, wider or faster expanses of lower space.

To such are the finer parts of life, which we all can share universally no matter our backgrounds, ethnic origins, ages, or political affiliations or whatever repressive or non-repressive regimes that govern us, to truly enjoy this fleeting but en-joyous hobby of ours.

Cheers!
That was very well said my friend, very well said. I found myself noding in agreement as I read it.

As for our hobby being fleeting I am afraid that we may lose our field in the next year or two as housing developments are encroaching nearby and people have already complained about noise. I'm sure plenty of flyers have seen this before and know how that story goes. Since we now have very strick noise limitations I am going back to smaller planes and only doing electric now. I just hope if we lose the field we can find another one, open land is getting hard to find around here.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:55 AM
GallopingGhostler

Originally Posted by HOT COALS
Good video Galloping Ghostler. My problem is my cows are not that dumb. I tried that a few years back. They just turn and laugh at it. And the head bull stomped the heck out of it. Nothing left to salvage. Good show made my pacemaker run on overtime.
Ouch! That must'a hurt. You're welcome, Hot Coals. People don't give these animals the credit they deserve.

Originally Posted by Rv7garage
George- your mature, measured response is a breath if fresh air. Let's keep the politics and acrimony out if the RCU forums, people!
You're welcome, Rv7garage. I'm making the best of the inclement weather our way by continuing on my Berkeley Impulse build.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:26 PM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

We have had a bad winter here in IL but i blame myself for staying here and not the weather. The ones i hear complaining about winter are living in some harsh places around the world and all it takes is to pack and move. I retired and was all set to move west but the company i worked for started to wave $ in my face just like a carrort in front dumb jackass for me to stay a couple more years . I will do my couple more years here then get the hell out of this state and its snow and cold soon. We got 4 more inches of snow last night and i refuse to go shovel it and will wait for it to melt whenever it wants to. lol joe
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	winter blues.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	1974101  

Last edited by joebahl; 03-02-2014 at 12:33 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:02 PM
hookedonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well it was 15 at 7:15 this morning and now it is 14 with 25 mph winds and blowing snow. That makes the windchill at about -4, something we just don't see here that often. I just checked my temperature and confirmed that I have a severe case of cabin fever.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:38 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Cleaned it up a bit.

Dear Brother:

Aug. 12 - Move to new home in Canada.I so excited. It's beautiful here. The mountains are majestic and I waiting tosee them with snow covering them.

Oct. 14 - Canada...it is most beautiful place on earth. The leaves turn all colors and shades ofred and orange. Went for ride through beautiful countryside and see many deer.Certainly most wonderful animals on earth. This be paradise. I love it here!

Nov. 11 - Remembrance Day. Deer season starts soon. Why anyone wanting to killsuch a gorgeous creature. Hope it snows soon. I love it here!

Dec. 2 - Snowed last night. It look like a postcard. Went outside and cleanedsnow off steps and shoveled driveway. We had snowball fight (I win). HA HA snowplough came by we have to shovel driveway again. What a beautiful place. I loveCanada!

Dec. 12 - More snow last night. The snow plough did his trick again to driveway.I love it here.

Dec. 19 - More snow last night. Can not get out of the driveway for work. I'mexhausted from shoveling. Son of bx%#h snow plough.

Dec. 22 - More white sh#t fell last night. Blisters on hands and a sore backfrom shoveling. I think that Son of bx%#h snow plough driver hides around thecorner until I'm done shoveling driveway. Jerk.

Dec. 25 – Dear brother I am learning many new words here in Canada. Merry##$%% Christmas! More cursed snow. If I ever catch son of a b#%$h who drivessnow plough, I swear I kill him. Why they don't use more salt to melt thecursed ice.

Dec. 27 - More white devil **** last night. Three days now I stay inside exceptfor shoveling after dirty rotten snow plough goes by. Can't go anywhere, car isstuck in pile of white **** and it's so cold. The weatherman say expect 10inches more white **** again tonight. Do you know how many shovels full of snow10 inches is?

Dec. 28 - That $###@% weatherman lied we get 34 inches of white **** this time.The snow plough got stuck up in the road and the snow plow driver asked toborrow my shovel. After I told him I already brake six shovels shoveling allthe **** he push into my driveway, I damn near brake my last one over hiscursed head.

Jan. 4 - Finally get out of house today. Go to store to get food. On way back adamned deer run in front of the car. $3,000 damage to car. All them beastsshould be killed. Wish hunters had killed all of them all last November.

May 3 - Took my car to garage in town to fix was told it is rusted out from allthe salt they put all over the roads.

May 10 – Rashid sold everything moving to Florida#@%& Canada!!!!
Old 03-02-2014, 02:43 PM
RiverLarry

Tom !!! Does not look like you have room in your D/W for me !!!! R/L
Old 03-02-2014, 02:53 PM
carddfann

Your shop is nice and would make Tim Allen and Benford Tools proud, but there is one question the rest of us is dying to know. That is how you got your womern trained to ever bring you your food out there?
Old 03-02-2014, 03:14 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

This may be of interest to many of us ... Just got it from a full Scale CFII ATP buddy of mine.

Subject: UAS/UAV

[h=1]FAA Seeks To Clear The Air About UAVs[/h][h=2]Says Many Misconceptions Surround The Agency's Current Regulations[/h] The FAA says there are a lot of misconceptions and misinformation about unmanned aircraft system (UAS) regulations, and has released a fact sheet that outlines its rules that currently govern the use of the aircraft. Have your pencils ready? Here we go.
Myth #1: The FAA doesn't control airspace below 400 feet
Fact—The FAA is responsible for the safety of U.S. airspace from the ground up. This misperception may originate with the idea that manned aircraft generally must stay at least 500 feet above the ground
Myth #2: Commercial UAS flights are OK if I'm over private property and stay below 400 feet.
Fact—The FAA published a Federal Register notice (PDF) in 2007 that clarified the agency’s policy: You may not fly a UAS for commercial purposes by claiming that you’re operating according to the Model Aircraft guidelines (below 400 feet, 3 miles from an airport, away from populated areas.) Commercial operations are only authorized on a case-by-case basis. A commercial flight requires a certified aircraft, a licensed pilot and operating approval. To date, only one operation has met these criteria, using Insitu's ScanEagle, and authorization was limited to the Arctic.
Myth #3: Commercial UAS operations are a “gray area” in FAA regulations.
Fact—There are no shades of gray in FAA regulations. Anyone who wants to fly an aircraft—manned or unmanned—in U.S. airspace needs some level of FAA approval. Private sector (civil) users can obtain an experimental airworthiness certificate to conduct research and development, training and flight demonstrations. Commercial UAS operations are limited and require the operator to have certified aircraft and pilots, as well as operating approval. To date, only two UAS models (the Scan Eagle and Aerovironment’s Puma) have been certified, and they can only fly in the Arctic. Public entities (federal, state and local governments, and public universities) may apply for a Certificate of Waiver or Authorization (COA). The FAA reviews and approves UAS operations over densely-populated areas on a case-by-case basis.

Flying model aircraft solely for hobby or recreational reasons doesn’t require FAA approval, but hobbyists must operate according to the agency's model aircraft guidance, which prohibits operations in populated areas.

Myth #4: There are too many commercial UAS operations for the FAA to stop.
Fact—The FAA has to prioritize its safety responsibilities, but the agency is monitoring UAS operations closely. Many times, the FAA learns about suspected commercial UAS operations via a complaint from the public or other businesses. The agency occasionally discovers such operations through the news media or postings on internet sites. When the FAA discovers apparent unauthorized UAS operations, the agency has a number of enforcement tools available to address these operations, including a verbal warning, a warning letter, and an order to stop the operation.

Myth #5: Commercial UAS operations will be OK after September 30, 2015.
Fact—In the 2012 FAA reauthorization legislation, Congress told the FAA to come up with a plan for “safe integration” of UAS bySeptember 30, 2015. Safe integration will be incremental. The agency is still developing regulations, policies and standards that will cover a wide variety of UAS users, and expects to publish a proposed rule for small UAS – under about 55 pounds – later this year. That proposed rule will likely include provisions for commercial operations.
Myth #6: The FAA is lagging behind other countries in approving commercial drones.
Fact – This comparison is flawed. The United States has the busiest, most complex airspace in the world, including many general aviation aircraft that we must consider when planning UAS integration, because those same airplanes and small UAS may occupy the same airspace.
Developing all the rules and standards we need is a very complex task, and we want to make sure we get it right the first time. We want to strike the right balance of requirements for UAS to help foster growth in an emerging industry with a wide range of potential uses, but also keep all airspace users and people on the ground safe.
Myth #7: The FAA predicts as many as 30,000 drones by 2030.
Fact—That figure is outdated. It was an estimate in the FAA’s 2011 Aerospace Forecast. Since then, the agency has refined its prediction to focus on the area of greatest expected growth. The FAA currently estimates as many as 7,500 small commercial UAS may be in use by 2018, assuming the necessary regulations are in place. The number may be updated when the agency publishes the proposed rule on small UAS later this year.
[h=6]FMI: www.faa.gov[/h]
Old 03-02-2014, 03:42 PM
GallopingGhostler

Yup, and we're dreading the 18 dairy farms that are encroaching the nearby airspace around this town.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:56 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Luchnia
PLUS a Million!
Count again ! This present storm is affecting 100 million.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:12 PM
joebahl

Hound dog i have been in this talk about flying cameras and other such machines that my AMA decided to take in with open arms $ .lol My beef is with the ones who never obey rules and do what they want including flying there things in full scale airspace or peeking in their neighbors windows. If i have to choose between my peacefull hobby of 30 + years and them guess who is going. Take a look on U-tube at all the nuts trying to fly higher or longer distance than the next guy ! Is one of them a AMA member because if caught it would bring heat on us regular rc flyers /AMA that we dont need or want. Well there is my 2 cents and happy winter. joe
Old 03-03-2014, 02:41 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RiverLarry
Tom !!! Does not look like you have room in your D/W for me !!!! R/L
There's room for your truck, but you may no be able to open the door, to get out.

The snow banks on either side of the drive are 5' high in places.

The water pipes froze the other day. Once I got them thawed, I've been running the water, just to keep them from freezing up again.

Like most of us in this thread, I'm ready for warmer weather.

Right now, I'd settle for a few days in the 20s !
Old 03-03-2014, 05:55 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

God puts his snow there every winter and takes it away every summer just be paishent or retire and spend 6 months at Home and 6 months in AZ or Florida.
Spent 3 years, 3 months, 20 1/2 days but who was counting, stationed at K.I Sawyer AFB MI. 410th AMMS 65-68. One time there was a snow storm that made a snow drift that was around the back, side and half the front of the barracks level with the 3rd floor fire escape. That Storm Closed a SAC base, couldn't plow the 12000 ft runway ... No diesel fuel. We could get to the BX for BEER. we had a 3 day drunk
p.s. there were reports of at least snow Flurry's every month I was there, even in July and August.
Heck we had an EF 0 Tornado in Down Town Mesa AZ Saturday ... 1-2" of rain first in 70 days in Phoenix.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:26 AM
siberianhusky

"God puts his snow there every winter and takes it away every summer just be paishent or retire and spend 6 months at Home and 6 months in AZ or Florida."

Wow! One of the most bizarre things I have read in a long time! This is just messed up on so many levels it boggles the mind! Thinking like this is the reason we're up to our eyeballs in the septic tank!
Old 03-03-2014, 07:35 AM
joebahl

Originally Posted by siberianhusky
"God puts his snow there every winter and takes it away every summer just be paishent or retire and spend 6 months at Home and 6 months in AZ or Florida."

Wow! One of the most bizarre things I have read in a long time! This is just messed up on so many levels it boggles the mind! Thinking like this is the reason we're up to our eyeballs in the septic tank!
Ha Ha your just jelous you cant get out of Canada for 6 months ! lmao joe
Old 03-03-2014, 09:14 AM
siberianhusky

HA HA how wrong you are! Dual citizenship I have lived in both countries for extended periods of time, I chose to live in Canada. I never want to set foot in my birth country again. To tell you the truth I rarely tell anybody where I was born, too embarrassing. I know where I have it good. PROUD CANADIAN! ex american!

"Ha Ha your just jelous you cant get out of Canada for 6 months ! lmao joe"

Such a typical american attitude, lead with the mouth and not the brain, perfect example of why I live in Canada instead of my birth country.
Nice job on the spelling by the way. Product of the american education system by chance? Jealous is how it's actually spelt, man you made that too easy!
Old 03-03-2014, 10:01 AM
Propworn

Originally Posted by siberianhusky
HA HA how wrong you are! Dual citizenship I have lived in both countries for extended periods of time, I chose to live in Canada. I never want to set foot in my birth country again. To tell you the truth I rarely tell anybody where I was born, too embarrassing. I know where I have it good. PROUD CANADIAN! ex american!

"Ha Ha your just jelous you cant get out of Canada for 6 months ! lmao joe"

Such a typical american attitude, lead with the mouth and not the brain, perfect example of why I live in Canada instead of my birth country.
Nice job on the spelling by the way. Product of the american education system by chance? Jealous is how it's actually spelt, man you made that too easy!
Easy now everyone’s having some fun teasing one another no need to get yer knickers in a knot. Fingers together now, both hands, close your eyes and repeat after me OOOOOMMMMM OOOOOMMMM OOOOOMMMM!!! Feel better now EH?

Dennis
Old 03-03-2014, 12:00 PM
cymaz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here in south west England we have just had the worst,stormiest,windiest winter in decades.......and it's all come from the US
Old 03-03-2014, 12:17 PM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cymaz
Here in south west England we have just had the worst,stormiest,windiest winter in decades.......and it's all come from the US
We get our crap weather from up north. It's too bad they don't just send it directly to you.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:54 PM
Redback

You guys are lucky. I am soooooooooo bored with day after day of warm sunshine.

Terry
Old 03-03-2014, 01:27 PM
GallopingGhostler

I hardly say we can blame our Canadian neighbours for our poorer weather. Nor thank our Mexican neighbours for our better weather.

Best is to keep occupied, work on a project or two. Take the wife out shopping or to dinner. Drop by the hobby shop if on the way, or check the on-line sales. Do a couple repairs on that plane that needs attention from a less than sparkling last landing. Clean up a few engines, or repower that electric.

I'd dare say that a little snow ever stopped any Canadian or American from flying, if other conditions were right. Some around here build light fliers and do indoor flying in the various places during winter.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:28 PM
Propworn

Originally Posted by Redback
You guys are lucky. I am soooooooooo bored with day after day of warm sunshine.

Terry
Hey Terry I have also seen some video of you guys down there having to dodge model aircraft eating cracks just to land and take off. Only place I ever seen trike gear model weaving back and forth like a nose high tail dragger. That's not even scale fer cryin out loud.

Dennis
Old 03-03-2014, 02:29 PM
cymaz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When we have finished with the US weather we hand it on to Europe who takes the best of it and passes it on to the Russians. They muck about with it and throw it over the Bearing Straights. It end up in Canada who fiddle with it a bit and hand it over to the US ?!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.