Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Sig Kadet wing kit

Just starting to get back into building. I inherited a Kadet Senior (missing wings) when my dad passed away, so
    I ordered a wing kit from Sig and am a little reluctant to build it without plans. Can anyone help?

W.C. Harrison
    Akron, Ohio

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by wch40 View Post
    Just starting to get back into building. I inherited a Kadet Senior (missing wings) when my dad passed away, so
    I ordered a wing kit from Sig and am a little reluctant to build it without plans. Can anyone help?

W.C. Harrison
    Akron, Ohio
    I just happen to know of a Sr. wing that's probably available right now. Take a look at ~~Sig Kadet Brotherhood~~. - last page, toward the bottom.
    Dave W. TSgt, USAF/ESC (Retired, 1968-1990)
    AMA #94881, VR/CS #208
    " Old-school" C/L (1955) & R/C (1973) Sport Flier
    SIG Kadet Brotherhood #69, SIG Brotherhood #109, Cub B'hood #198, Glowhead B'hood #51
    Flying field coords: 38.650863,-78.44985

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Just curious since you already ordered the wing kit. Does not the wing kit include the single sheet plans for the wing? With the full kit the plans two part with a wing sheet and the fuselage sheet.

John
    \"Keep your controllines tight\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    John, I just finished building a wing for a Kadet Senior for a friend and the wing kit from Sig does include the plans.
    \"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; In practice, there is\"

Intolerance is not to be tolerated

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Thanks JP, so there ya go Wch40 you can relax and wait for your kit to arrive. Framing up a Cadet wing goes very fast.

John
    \"Keep your controllines tight\"

Mine did not include plans. I just called Siog and they told me the plans are $10.99 extra. (The wing kit was $38.00)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I'm wondering if Sig simply goes out and throws stuff in a box when someone orders a fuse kit or a wing kit and sometimes they don't include exactly the same items? I also ordered a fuse kit for a Four Star Forty from them and it came less a canopy. A fuse kit without a canopy seems strange. I also looked at a fuse kit for a Sig Somethin' Extra and it includes not only the fuse but also the tail assembly. So there doesn't seem to be much standardization in their sub assembly kits. My Katet wing kit came in a plain white box with the description written on it in ball point pen. Maybe the guy who packed my Kadet wing kit assumed it was supposed to include plans so he threw them in. Really don't know.
    \"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; In practice, there is\"

Intolerance is not to be tolerated