Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Sig Kadet wing kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 12:06 PM
wch40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig Kadet wing kit

Just starting to get back into building. I inherited a Kadet Senior (missing wings) when my dad passed away, so
I ordered a wing kit from Sig and am a little reluctant to build it without plans. Can anyone help?

W.C. Harrison
Akron, Ohio
Old 03-01-2014, 12:17 PM
skylark-flier

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by wch40
Just starting to get back into building. I inherited a Kadet Senior (missing wings) when my dad passed away, so
I ordered a wing kit from Sig and am a little reluctant to build it without plans. Can anyone help?

W.C. Harrison
Akron, Ohio
I just happen to know of a Sr. wing that's probably available right now. Take a look at http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/kit-...otherhood.html - last page, toward the bottom.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:20 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Just curious since you already ordered the wing kit. Does not the wing kit include the single sheet plans for the wing? With the full kit the plans two part with a wing sheet and the fuselage sheet.

John
Old 03-01-2014, 03:56 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

John, I just finished building a wing for a Kadet Senior for a friend and the wing kit from Sig does include the plans.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:35 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks JP, so there ya go Wch40 you can relax and wait for your kit to arrive. Framing up a Cadet wing goes very fast.

John
Old 03-03-2014, 09:10 AM
wch40

Mine did not include plans. I just called Siog and they told me the plans are $10.99 extra. (The wing kit was $38.00)
Old 03-03-2014, 12:29 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

I'm wondering if Sig simply goes out and throws stuff in a box when someone orders a fuse kit or a wing kit and sometimes they don't include exactly the same items? I also ordered a fuse kit for a Four Star Forty from them and it came less a canopy. A fuse kit without a canopy seems strange. I also looked at a fuse kit for a Sig Somethin' Extra and it includes not only the fuse but also the tail assembly. So there doesn't seem to be much standardization in their sub assembly kits. My Katet wing kit came in a plain white box with the description written on it in ball point pen. Maybe the guy who packed my Kadet wing kit assumed it was supposed to include plans so he threw them in. Really don't know.