Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Joe nall 2014

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 04:56 AM
handeman71
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Joe nall 2014

I have no idea how you post a question on here to the general public. So sorry if this is not in the right area.

Anyway, I am planning on attending Joe Nall this year. I am only wanting to go for a few days as a watcher. I am curious what part of the event is usually the best time to attend? The first weekend (Fri, sat, sun) or the last weekend of the event? Not sure when the most flyers usually attend.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:58 AM
handeman71

Default Joe Nall

What is the best time to attend Joe Nall? This year will be my first time attending. I will probably fly there and attend either the first or seconf Friday, Saturday and Sunday. In your opinion which weekend is more eventfull? Thinking maybe a lot of flyers may still be wheeling in on the first weekend and not set up yet, or maybe winding down by the end of the last weekend, or possibly a lot going on during week and spectator congestion may be lower????
Old 03-07-2014, 06:33 PM
GeeBeer

Hi! I'm going as a first timer this year as well. Spectator / Camper. I've asked the same question on a different forum and was told that the BEST days to attend are going to be Wed 14th, Thurs 15th, & Friday 16th. The last day of the event is on Saturday the 17th but was told that most people are packing up that day. I will be arriving on Tuesday 13th some time, and leaving Saturday 17th in the morning.

What I'm gathering is that the majority of attendees are going to be scheduling their vacation that week. I figure the average person that lives within a 1000mi. radius with campers / RV's will spend the weekend traveling, enjoy the weekdays there, and leave to travel home the second weekend. I'll have a late start because of Mothers day.

I'll be pulling my camper and will have my Honda Rancher (4Wheeler) loaded up in the pickup bed for personal transportation while there.

I hope some of this is helpful!
Old 03-07-2014, 06:48 PM
handeman71

Doh! Too late. I had waited all week for a reply and nothing until now. I asked an old friend that went before that lives down by Valdosta, GA and he told me the first weekend is better. I just booked a flight arriving on the 8Th. Will be there the 9-11. Leaving the 12th. I do hope that there will still be plenty of action going on then.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:32 PM
GeeBeer

Well, I'm positive you will have a fantastic time those days as well! I'm counting the days down haha
Old 05-14-2014, 06:40 PM
cubcrasher
My Feedback: (6)

Just got home from an action packed day at Joe Nall. There were more planes there than you could shake a stick at. Seemed to
be more than last year. The P.A. system was down for most of the day, which was a good thing. You didn't have to listen to all
that useless jibber-jabber while you were watching airplanes fly.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:03 AM
N410DC

I was there on Saturday this past weekend, the 2nd day of the event. I saw some amazing flying and more than a few beautiful airplanes. The only gripe I have is that not all of the vendors were setup yet. I was told that all the vendors usually do not setup until Monday. There were a lot of closed tents, and reserved spots with no tents in vendor row. Even Hobbyking had not yet opened their tent (they may have opened up later in the afternoon, after I left.)

I will probably plan to go later in the week next year. I am sure my wife would appreciate me being home for Mother's Day weekend. :-) If money allows, I might even have a IMAA plane I can fly. ;-)