The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Flying in El Paso

Old 03-03-2014, 05:58 PM
Duayne P

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Flying in El Paso

Hi all, just wondering if there are a lot of flying in El Paso. My son just got stationed there and doesn't know anyone. He is having a hard time coping. Everyone I know in Texas is FAR from El Paso. Was wondering if anyone knows anyone one that can help just to get him out to the field. Any help is appreciated. He has been flying since he was 8 yrs old and really missing it. Just to watch someone fly would really cheer him up. Thanks Guys

Duayne Peters
Old 03-04-2014, 02:41 PM
JollyPopper

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I am confident that if your son simply got on this site and asked for someone in the El Paso area to show him around the RC sites and fields there, he would have several volunteers. This is just how the RC community works.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:00 PM
modeltronics

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I used to live in El Paso and belonged to this club.
http://hcrcflyers.com/

I know the flying field has moved since I ilved there but from the web site it looks like the club is still active.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:59 AM
AMA 74894

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I feel his pain (about being stationed far from home... nothing bad about Texas! )
they even have directions to their field, and seems to be current.
http://hcrcflyers.com/hcrc-flying-field.html

absolutely try and get him to sign up here, but also get that serviceman to a flying field!! :-D
Old 05-12-2014, 09:32 PM
Duayne P

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

He is pretty discouraged rite now. Apparently he call a club president and was told don't bother and that he was to young to fly with them!!!!!!! I asked witch club and who he talked to and he will not tell me knowing how i will react. Pretty messed up. Anyone know or can help. Thanks.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:36 AM
modeltronics

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I would check at Hal's Hobbies in EP. If I remember there is about 3 clubs in EP. They can give you contacts for the clubs.
Old 05-22-2014, 04:59 AM
jcstalls

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

That's extremely irritating

If this club is an AMA sanctioned club, they may not have the right to refuse membership based on age.

Jared
Old 05-25-2014, 08:12 PM
Hossfly

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duayne P View Post
Hi all, just wondering if there are a lot of flying in El Paso. My son just got stationed there and doesn't know anyone. He is having a hard time coping. Everyone I know in Texas is FAR from El Paso. Was wondering if anyone knows anyone one that can help just to get him out to the field. Any help is appreciated. He has been flying since he was 8 yrs old and really missing it. Just to watch someone fly would really cheer him up. Thanks Guys

Duayne Peters
Mr Peters, I do not as of this May 25, '14 see any sanctioned events in your area. There are some clubs in New Mexico, but mostly they are around Albuquerque, NM. If you have not yet found any satisfaction, may I suggest that you contact your AMA District VIII Vice President, Mr. Mark Johnson in Albuquerque. Tel: (505) 823-0158 or by email,
www.amadistrict-viii.org

Mark is the finest gentleman, extremely knowledgeable and helpful AMA Officer that one could hope to find. Get in touch and check things out. Then watch out as those model airplane folks will be jumping up everywhere you look.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:12 AM
rcmiket

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Have him contact me (Mike) by PM or though our website ( on the officer page). I'm the Club Contact/ Sectary for the Horizon City Flyers. He's more than welcome to come fly with us, We have 2 fields on the far east side and active military pay no dues.

http://hcrcflyers.com/

Mike

Search this Thread