Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

UPS Loses another one!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 02:18 PM
Speedy-Gonzales
My Feedback: (202)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default UPS Loses another one!

I was just informed that :

A. UPS lost my package
B. UPS found my package damaged
C. Damaged package has all contents missing
D. Carton discarded

Now get this:

A. UPS did an investigation and found that the package they threw away was packaged improperly
B. UPS inspected a discarded package?
C. UPS is not responsible for improperly packaged items getting damaged or lost!

Here come the biggest joke at my expense.

A. I had the package inspected at the UPS drop-off location and it was approved for shipment and deemed packaged correctly
B. I lose the value of the kit PLUS I still have to pay the shipping fee.

I already refunded the buyer which is the correct thing to do.
I am closing out my UPS account and will never ship with them again.

The package was fine when I dropped it off but somehow while in their hands it completely disappeared from this earth.
Was smashed, damaged, and lost........and it is my fault.

Great company to trust with your valued items! NOT!!!

Got any other great UPS scams you want to vent about?
Old 03-17-2014, 02:33 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

"I had the package inspected at the UPS drop-off location and it was approved for shipment and deemed packaged correctly"

I never had the UPS offer to determine if my item was packaged correctly-in fact I have been told that the extra insurance you can purchase for X amount of dollars is a scam due to the fact the off the shelf answer from UPS when a item is damaged or destroyed that is was due to "NOT PACKAGED CORRECTLY FOR SHIPMENT"-

I would be curious why my box was discarded and I was not give the chance to take a look at the so-called destroyed package

What else can you do at this point-
Old 03-17-2014, 02:49 PM
Speedy-Gonzales
My Feedback: (202)

The ONLY thing I can do is close out my personal UPS account and warn other modelers about UPS's B/S
and questionable policies that are stacked in their favor. I will never spend a penny on UPS for anything.
I'm just hoping their final bill does not get damaged or lost in the mail due to incorrect packaging!

I will demand that UPS presents PROOF of incorrect packaging on a carton they threw away.
But that won't do me any good. They know I do not have the resources ( or time ) to take them to court.

What does UPS do with the thousands of items "lost" by their own system? Do they have a big sale
or does this stuff actually vaporize into thin air from inside their trucks? I can guarantee you that 1000
other people lost their UPS packages today. Where did they go? Who ends up with all this "lost" stuff?

I can handle the financial loss. What I don't appreciate is that due to UPS's incompetence and carelessness
precious items are "lost" and the shipper is the cause and the blame. Does that make sense to any of you?

Last edited by Speedy-Gonzales; 03-17-2014 at 02:59 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:26 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

NO-it isn't right-I think when we use a shipper we expect them to deliver after we have boxed it up and paid for it to be delivered.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:53 AM
Mpizpilot
My Feedback: (45)

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I hate hate hate UPS. I refuse to ship with them anymore and cringe when I know something is shipped from a dealer with them. Take a look at this CMP plane I recieved a couple weeks back. Believe it or not the plane is ok except for a cracked stab which I'll just fix.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	787.3 KB
ID:	1979323  
Old 03-19-2014, 06:37 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

How about the 100cc ARF box that CLEARLY had two forklift fork "skewer" holes in it that was, "improperly packaged"? Guess we need to start shipping in steel crates!!!

Regards,

Astro