Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

RC Bird Feeder Spinner - How To?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

RC Bird Feeder Spinner - How To?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 08:10 AM
thadc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Bird Feeder Spinner - How To?

Hello,

I am brand new to the RC community. I have a simple desire to build a simple RC device that would sit between tree branch and bird feeder. When I press a button remotely, it would spin the bird feeder to get rid of whatever unwanted critter (e.g., unwanted bird, squirrel, etc.). I realize that this probably sounds boring and uninteresting to RC enthusiasts, but you would be making a bird watching enthusiast very happy if you could point me in the right direction to get started, or else flat-out tell me what I need.

I am looking for something pretty basic, so I guess basic (hopefully inexpensive) parts. I envision a weather-proof (i.e., water, snow, humidity, extreme heat/cold proof) box with a screw eye or similar fixed at one end, and a rotating screw eye or similar attached to the motor (and hooked to the feeder) at the other.

I would be grateful for any response. Thanks for your help.

Tim

Last edited by thadc; 03-17-2014 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Tried to delete this post of mine, found a more appropriate place for it. However, I could not figure out how to delete it...
Old 03-17-2014, 11:34 AM
AMA 74894
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think aircraft or surface type RC equipment is going to work for you...
(mostly due to technicalities like that our equipment is not designed to be kept ON for more than 15 minutes or so and is typically battery powered...)

are you familiar with the yankee bird feeder products? (they flip critters but not birds off the feeder)

http://www.amazon.com/Droll-Yankees-...er+bird+feeder