The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Parkzone - Mosquito Mk VI BNF Basic Retracts

Old 04-02-2014, 07:46 AM
hookedonrc

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Parkzone - Mosquito Mk VI BNF Basic Retracts

This has been one of those non-ending projects that you get once in a while. I looked at the Parkzone Mosquito when it was announced and liked it for my first twin engine plane. Good way to get started I thought, and being new, I was aware it would be awhile before I got it. So I ordered the retracts and battery in advance. Then the wait...and wait and wait. I am not upset about that part, on any new item, it is to be expected. So at the end of January in it came and I put it in the closet for later. I was working on a Pulse 125 and needed to get it done first.

Ok so I get it done last week, pulled out the Mosquito and started assembly....first step install the retracts and add the retract supports that come with the Mosquito... Searched the box 4 times...not there. Now Horizon has been great, but the retract supports are on Backorder and I will get them in July sometime. Meaning that from order to flight will be approximately 9 months ...geesh.

However, even that is ok as I have other things to do and it is flying season. BUT...it did give me a thought...I wonder if this was a problem in others as well, what with the parts on back order for 5 months.

Questions are: Did anyone else experience this? AND Can I just cut the supports for the non-retractable gear and make those work till I get the backordered ones? They look the same except for the bend and support area at the top of the support wire. If I remove the bend, it looks just like the missing part.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:59 AM
Habaneroe
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by hookedonrc View Post
This has been one of those non-ending projects that you get once in a while. I looked at the Parkzone Mosquito when it was announced and liked it for my first twin engine plane. Good way to get started I thought, and being new, I was aware it would be awhile before I got it. So I ordered the retracts and battery in advance. Then the wait...and wait and wait. I am not upset about that part, on any new item, it is to be expected. So at the end of January in it came and I put it in the closet for later. I was working on a Pulse 125 and needed to get it done first.

Ok so I get it done last week, pulled out the Mosquito and started assembly....first step install the retracts and add the retract supports that come with the Mosquito... Searched the box 4 times...not there. Now Horizon has been great, but the retract supports are on Backorder and I will get them in July sometime. Meaning that from order to flight will be approximately 9 months ...geesh.

However, even that is ok as I have other things to do and it is flying season. BUT...it did give me a thought...I wonder if this was a problem in others as well, what with the parts on back order for 5 months.

Questions are: Did anyone else experience this? AND Can I just cut the supports for the non-retractable gear and make those work till I get the backordered ones? They look the same except for the bend and support area at the top of the support wire. If I remove the bend, it looks just like the missing part.
i just bought this set up and the guy told me that you simply have to cut the strut on the wheels at the right place and it will work.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:40 AM
hookedonrc

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I was going to do that, but Horizon sent me the retract set so if I want to go back I can. Took a while to get them, but I did and now am set. Thanks, though.