Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Whats Wrong With Robart?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 01:54 PM
Rv7garage
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Granpooba
Was going to post another remark. But, you know, its just not worth it !

I wish I could "like" this comment, like on Facebook loll
Old 04-05-2014, 03:39 PM
Dreddi
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A lot of people dont realize it but the FTC says a merchant has 90 days to ship an item. While most dont think this is realistic.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:45 PM
vonagner

Originally Posted by Rv7garage
Guilty.
Yes....you will find bozos, ignorant and rude people, here,in other forums and in the" CHAMPION"; the Facebook.I live in Chicago, and drove all the way to St.Charles in order to buy the correct stuff.Spoke with the supposedly "Robart's" brains".and he did not had the dignity to tell me the true.Lost my time, the aggravation.SPRINGAIR, brothers....
Old 04-05-2014, 06:02 PM
Rv7garage
My Feedback: (10)

So is the Springair hardware truly superior?
Old 04-05-2014, 06:12 PM
vonagner

I honestly,I recommend it, if you have not already did try their stuff.You will see that Robart , after SpringAir Patent had expired, they (Robart) just did copy SpringAir's stuff.I fly pattern, and all my planes do carry retracts.( eight planes) from Curares to Great Escapes, Phoenix etc).And the good thing about SpringAir people, is the the old customer service.No lies, no BS....
Old 04-05-2014, 06:12 PM
FalconD
My Feedback: (190)

Wow. I had this same experience with robart a little over a year ago. Talked to the same Eric as did you. My order was going on 5 mos. finally noticed a new set of retracts for a Bates B26 on this website. Bought them and called robart and canceled order the same day. 5 days later robart sent me the retracts, and billed my credit card. I called customer service, and they said send them back. They promptly refunded my money. About a week later the President of robart called me and apologized. Does not sound like they have their problem(s)fixed yet
Old 04-05-2014, 07:38 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dreddi
A lot of people dont realize it but the FTC says a merchant has 90 days to ship an item. While most dont think this is realistic.
It's not realistic unless it is disclosed at the time the order is placed and the buyer agrees to it. IMO there is no excuse for a merchant not to be up front
about if they have a product in stock and if not in stock and they caint give firm date when it will ship and meet that date they should refund the
customers money.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:40 PM
cymaz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I must have the patience of a saint. Ordered an Evolution engine in the second week of January and arrived last week in March
Old 04-06-2014, 04:33 AM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rv7garage
Guilty.
Old 04-06-2014, 04:41 AM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (29)

Robart has been around along time in the RC world. Companies that stand the test of time have good practices, in quality and service .
i am sure if you cooled your jets , they would be glad to help make things right.
If you have a resentment with Robart, then try Hobby King. They are cheep, service stinks and that's what you may need to do. And I am sure they stand behind the products like Robart. Lol Give them a try.
Good Luck
Old 04-06-2014, 04:43 AM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (29)

Originally Posted by Granpooba
Now, this remark belongs on Facebook ! LOL
Freaking Funny !
Old 04-06-2014, 06:39 AM
robart-joe

I dont want to add fuel to the fire but I would like to add some information to help people form a more informed opinion about us before we look any worse. The customer in question has been waiting longer than he should of. Until recently (Middle of March), we have been purchasing electric components from Down and Locked. They had run into another batch of problems with their motor supplier and we unable to delivery actuators on time, causing an unexpected delay in our assembly schedule. Motors arrived and were wrong so the promise date was not a lie, but could not be met due to another unexpected error. At this point in time, we decided to move up our release date on our batch of electrics. These components are manufactured and assembled in house. We are now 100% in control of our supply chain and much more responsive to changing demand which gear are on order and how often.

The unfortunate effect of this was while the parts we unavailable from Down and Locked, a large backorder of all of the 622 series of retracts built up. We are building as fast as possible and filling order in order of their receipt, trying to fill the oldest orders first. I was informed on Friday while I was at Toledo that my staff has completed almost all of the gear that we had on backorder and we will begin contacting customers and shipping bright and early Monday morning.

Finally, I would like to invite anyone with an issue to call or email me directly. My main focus is to improve our on time delivery this year and if someone is not receiving their product in a reasonable time frame, I would like to speak with them as to their concerns. I can be reached at 630-524-4347 or [email protected]

Thank you all for the support and comments,

Joe Rehak
Engineering / Operations Manager
Old 04-06-2014, 07:23 AM
CafeenMan

Originally Posted by rcguy59
I've heard that Robart can be slow at times, that's why I order their products from Tower. Tower tells you up front if it's in stock and if it is, it ships quick. If not, I wait.
Tower isn't all that at times either. I don't blame them but it can be frustrating.

I ordered a Wankel last fall. "Out of stock. Expected Mid-Dec". Then Late Jan. Then Feb. Then Mar. Last I checked Late May. I'm afraid to look now. I mean they get them whenever O.S. gets them done and ships them I guess but they haven't taken my money yet either so there is that.

I sell a magnetic fixture system. It's my only product and it's only me. Last week was the first time I've ever shipped late and it was one order one day late. I gave the guy ten bucks back just because. He didn't even know it was shipped late until he got the refund. He still got it two days later.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:00 AM
rt3232
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hay Grandpooba

You said it, same thought but just not worth it

Cheers Bob T
AMA13377
Old 04-06-2014, 08:29 AM
sailr
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is why I rarely come to RC Universe anymore. RC Groups has far more civil people and much more informed and expert commentary.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:18 AM
vonagner

robart-joe....who knows who are??? But it does not matter.All the excuses and side answers does not make that difference.What bothers us is the lack of true that comes from the Robart, when answering our needs.Of course, we, customers, do understand when a merchant comes to you and tell you the true.What make us unhappy, is the half excuses: tomorrow,,next week, next month.Why is so hard to tell the true? Once again fellow modellers....try many other excellent retracts manufacturers.. SPRINGAIR for service and no BS>>>>
Old 04-06-2014, 09:26 AM
robart-joe

Originally Posted by vonagner
robart-joe....who knows who are??? But it does not matter.All the excuses and side answers does not make that difference.What bothers us is the lack of true that comes from the Robart, when answering our needs.Of course, we, customers, do understand when a merchant comes to you and tell you the true.What make us unhappy, is the half excuses: tomorrow,,next week, next month.Why is so hard to tell the true? Once again fellow modellers....try many other excellent retracts manufacturers.. SPRINGAIR for service and no BS>>>>
If you would have actually read what I posted above, you would see I was explaining the fact we are not lying to our customers, we have run into issues that have caused us to miss promise dates. If anyone actually believes that we just make up dates to get people off the phone, that is terrible. We develop production schedules, receive commitments from vendors and suppliers, and take all of this into considerations before giving out delivery dates. If you still dont believe me, then I guess we have to agree to dis-agree. If people are so un-happy with us, by all means, try someone else. The best thing about this hobby is there is healthy competition. Feel free to give one of our competitors a chance. Cant please all the people all the time...
Old 04-06-2014, 09:45 AM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
because the moderators don't deal with them harsly enough
Perhaps you enjoy the fact that the moderators don't deal with things harshly enough here and that it allows you the freedom to attack someone, rather like this post you made. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ques...l#post11776609

Because alternatively, it would be rather hypocritical wouldn't it.

When your dead, you don't know your dead, it only affects those around you. It's the same with stupid.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:52 AM
vonagner

Sorry Sir. Someone did lye to me when I was at your office.After driving all the way from Winneteka, IL.All the way to St.Charles and when I did arrived at home, to find out that the Robart's person did not tell me the true, of course.I was very much upset.Thanks to Al's Hobby Shop, that did accept the "supposed" TF AT-6 Robart Retracts and gave a full refund.One detail that probably you don't' know...when I did ask the gentleman at Robart's office, if the parts were made in the US, he said OH! YES SIR !!! the lady that was sitting in front of us, just blushed....after that, as I said before.NO MORE ROBART'S MERCHANDISE. And quoting you;.there are dozens of honest retracts manufacturers.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:28 AM
robart-joe

Originally Posted by vonagner
Sorry Sir. Someone did lye to me when I was at your office.After driving all the way from Winneteka, IL.All the way to St.Charles and when I did arrived at home, to find out that the Robart's person did not tell me the true, of course.I was very much upset.Thanks to Al's Hobby Shop, that did accept the "supposed" TF AT-6 Robart Retracts and gave a full refund.One detail that probably you don't' know...when I did ask the gentleman at Robart's office, if the parts were made in the US, he said OH! YES SIR !!! the lady that was sitting in front of us, just blushed....after that, as I said before.NO MORE ROBART'S MERCHANDISE. And quoting you;.there are dozens of honest retracts manufacturers.
I am sorry for the way your situation was handled. In speaking on the lying comments, I was referring to lead times and delivery dates. If someone told you the wrong gear for your plane, I do apologize. If you remember who you talked to, I can speak with them and try to ensure this doesn't happen again.

As for our products being Made in the USA, I can assure you they are. We have 2 or 3 components we purchase for over seas only because they are not available domestically. We purchase raw steel and aluminum from domestic sources all throughout the Chicago Suburbs. We machine, fabricate, and weld everything in house. Gear and accessories are assembled and testing 100% in house as well. If you would ever be interested in touring our facility to re-assure you of our commitment to keeping out products Made in the USA, I can arrange that at any time. I handle all the production and purchase and can guarantee we back US Manufacturing as much as possible.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:00 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by TheEdge
Perhaps you enjoy the fact that the moderators don't deal with things harshly enough here and that it allows you the freedom to attack someone, rather like this post you made.http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ques...l#post11776609

Because alternatively, it would be rather hypocritical wouldn't it.

When your dead, you don't know your dead, it only affects those around you. It's the same with stupid.
The thing is I've told Ken directly I think he's too soft,, Not like some guys who talk trash behind other's backs,,

Done with you too

Last edited by scale only 4 me; 04-06-2014 at 11:31 AM.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:03 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by robart-joe
I am sorry for the way your situation was handled. In speaking on the lying comments, I was referring to lead times and delivery dates. If someone told you the wrong gear for your plane, I do apologize. If you remember who you talked to, I can speak with them and try to ensure this doesn't happen again.

As for our products being Made in the USA, I can assure you they are. We have 2 or 3 components we purchase for over seas only because they are not available domestically. We purchase raw steel and aluminum from domestic sources all throughout the Chicago Suburbs. We machine, fabricate, and weld everything in house. Gear and accessories are assembled and testing 100% in house as well. If you would ever be interested in touring our facility to re-assure you of our commitment to keeping out products Made in the USA, I can arrange that at any time. I handle all the production and purchase and can guarantee we back US Manufacturing as much as possible.
Thank You Sir for having the fortitude and patience to come here and explain your company's side of this . You are 100% correct that you can't please ALL of the people ALL of the time and the very fact of your presence here means you ARE looking to resolve this customer's issue . Now , I won't weigh in on whether or not he was misled , but if you have reason to believe he may have been misled maybe an apology in the form of a somewhat reduced price may turn his frown upside down ?

Oh , and , everyone who flung poop at each other in this thread really OUGHT to get a hobby away from the keyboard . When ya step out for a few , and then check back in with some of these threads , it's amazing how nasty some folks here can get ........
Old 04-06-2014, 01:24 PM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Teno -

We will be at Toledo if you would like to discuss this otherwise if you tell me what retract you ordered, I can give you a firm date right now. Please let me know how I can help. I can be reached at [email protected] or message me on RCU. Sorry for the delay in shipping your product.

Joe Rehak
Operations Manager
i've always used robart gear . i like the idea that they are AMERICAN made and that you could call and get parts. but there's no excuse for it taking five weeks. i'd be mad too. you know with all the Chinese competition ,you would think they would be on the ball better . only after it becomes public ,do they get right on it. i'd have to look somewhere else .sierra is the same way ... hard to contact and get anything built or done. Once they loose the foothold , forever will they be trying to keep up. WB_1
Old 04-06-2014, 01:57 PM
smosher

I really like Robart gear and have used them for years BUT ...

order placed November 26th; no shipping notice so I contacted them on December 16th; Erik replied on December 17th and said they were waiting for parts to be made / would ship end of January or early February; nothing yet and no contact as of today (April 6th). Getting close to 6 months. Not bashing, guys - just stating the facts and waiting patiently (as TBM has not been able to ship my replacement ESM B-25 since August of last year :-) )

Last edited by smosher; 04-06-2014 at 05:31 PM.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:52 PM
70 ragtop
My Feedback: (24)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Robart-Joe
Thanks for chiming in to explain the problems
As has already been mentioned, your being here shows Robart cares, but it never should have gotten to this point. Granted, you are never going to make some people happy, but it might help if Robart sent out an "order status email" to people with orders that are delayed. Nothing new, lots of places do this. Explain what and why, give customer the facts, the timeline, and the option to cancel. I think most people, including myself, are OK waiting if we know what is going on, if not buy something else...so we can skip the bad blood, and "no more Robart" sentiments, and BS threads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.