Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Whats Wrong With Robart?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 02:52 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
Thank You Sir for having the fortitude and patience to come here and explain your company's side of this . You are 100% correct that you can't please ALL of the people ALL of the time and the very fact of your presence here means you ARE looking to resolve this customer's issue . Now , I won't weigh in on whether or not he was misled , but if you have reason to believe he may have been misled maybe an apology in the form of a somewhat reduced price may turn his frown upside down ?

Oh , and , everyone who flung poop at each other in this thread really OUGHT to get a hobby away from the keyboard . When ya step out for a few , and then check back in with some of these threads , it's amazing how nasty some folks here can get ........
Perfectly stated !
Old 04-06-2014, 04:45 PM
vonagner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Grandpoop....you have said ALL.Nothing when you have brains, and money in your pocket.Congrats.....
Old 04-06-2014, 05:11 PM
Rv7garage
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^vonagner, WTH did that last statement even mean??

Robart Joe- I for one would LOVE to come tour your facility! I'm in the NW Suburbs- let me know and I'm there
Old 04-06-2014, 05:18 PM
Fontanooch
My Feedback: (42)

No excuse for poor service. If they cannot fill an order they should tell the customer.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:15 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Fontanooch
No excuse for poor service. If they cannot fill an order they should tell the customer.
+1
Old 04-06-2014, 10:16 PM
ira d

Originally Posted by 70 ragtop
Robart-Joe
Thanks for chiming in to explain the problems
As has already been mentioned, your being here shows Robart cares, but it never should have gotten to this point. Granted, you are never going to make some people happy, but it might help if Robart sent out an "order status email" to people with orders that are delayed. Nothing new, lots of places do this. Explain what and why, give customer the facts, the timeline, and the option to cancel. I think most people, including myself, are OK waiting if we know what is going on, if not buy something else...so we can skip the bad blood, and "no more Robart" sentiments, and BS threads
+1
Old 04-07-2014, 03:11 AM
sensei

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I have never used Robart retracts, but I have used at least 1000 of their hinges over the years, great product...

Bob

Last edited by sensei; 04-07-2014 at 07:05 AM.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:15 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MrTtrn
NO it not time to eat crow. I was lied to about when my retracts will be shipped and I still don't have them. So if you want you can eat crow
Then cancle your order buy seria or some expensive gear and for get about it. that simple.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:23 AM
Karp050555

I learned that if you need Robart products and they're available on Tower then that's the place to get them. You know the stock status immediately and if you have to do a return there's no restocking fee. Plus, if you buy from Tower there's great discounts to be had if you're in the super savers club. I also learned that I thought I was a grumpy old man when in fact I'm just a meek little puppy.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:24 AM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
The thing is I've told Ken directly I think he's too soft,, Not like some guys who talk trash behind other's backs,,

Done with you too
Wow, so you have TOLD Ken directly and you still think they are not doing enough and so maybe because he's not listening to you you feel it's ok to make personal attacks or, do you think personal attacks are ok?

Sorry to the OP for taking this off topic, I simply wanted to present the member Scale Only with the fact that he made a personal attack towards me in another thread and then comes here putting down the Mods for not being harsh enough and for being too soft..

I shall refrain from any further inputs on this thread,

When your dead, you don't know your dead, it only affects those around you. It's the same with stupid.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:10 AM
Crash P51
My Feedback: (59)

Frusting as hell!!! Been there////
Old 04-07-2014, 08:31 AM
Radical Departure
My Feedback: (13)

Ordered and received a set of gear from Robart a couple weeks ago. No problems, took about 3 days to ship, a few more to get here. Might have been models that they already had plenty in stock. Not had problems in past with them... but I did get burned today by a bookseller on Amazon...
Old 04-07-2014, 08:36 AM
Rv7garage

So in the end, the rules are:

1) As with everything in life, you pays your money and you takes your chances...

2) If you post things in a public forum, you invite and inherently surrender to every manner of comment and interpretation from the peanut gallery
Old 04-07-2014, 09:22 AM
raptureboy

Well if you think Robarts service is bad try Sierra, I'm still waiting on a request from 4 months ago for some infomation. The problem with internet forums is it allows people to just get on and slam companies and people without any accountability. A simple phone call or letter to the company president would have solved this issue along time ago without anyone getting dirty or being insulted. It's how it was done in the old days by civilized people. I would say that at worst this was just a case of poor communcation by an employee and hopefully they will receive some training in customer service. Sometimes good intentions are just that; good intentions. Robart Joe, are you still working on a replacement for the old 615's ?
Old 04-07-2014, 10:29 AM
impulse09
My Feedback: (3)

removed
Old 04-07-2014, 10:53 AM
cublover
My Feedback: (47)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK guys,,, I have read all the post on this issue, I must be one lucky SOB!!! I have been flyn for 20+ years, and have had a ton,,of Robarts over the years, and have had PERFECT service!!! Now I know most of the haters, have already stopped reading, and ready to bash me...but for the rest of you that are still with me, Isn't it great to have a nice tough, reliable, set of gear to put under your mustang or bearcat!! Not to mention, scale looking!!! I agree with one poster, sayn that site is getting bad with idiots. we in fact see it right here.... no?? well lets recap shall we!! This guy just BLAST Robart for being "not honest",,but in FACT,,,Joe From ROBART was try'n to make it right,,,and the bashing go on!! REALLY,,, what kind of Dumbf*^K keeps bashing and ranting, even AFTER the guy from the company is try'n to help you??? What an Idiot!!! I bet I have bought over 200 sets of gear in my history with fly'n, and I can honestly say a couple times the transaction didn't go great, but it WAS resolved, and made good... one time the gear didn't show up, and robart gave me a refund on the air supply kit!! THIS IS WHAT KEEPS GUYS LIKE ME GOING BACK!!! I'll keep buy'n from robart,, your post has NO effect one me other to know your pissed that your order didn't go right!! Well,,,, join the club of being let down,,,,but I'll tell ya what, your NOT the only customer Robart has, There are THOUSANDS of us!!! I'll bet withing the last your you screwed something up as well,,,,,If your not perfect in your simple little life, how do you expect a HUGE company NEVER to have a bad deal??.... again,,,, Idiots!!!... now I'll sit back and take your asschew'n...hahahahahaha...
Old 04-07-2014, 10:58 AM
Pull Up Now!
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow, this is quite a thread! I had problems with electric retracts and switched to Robart and they became reliable. That's my only experience. I know delays can be frustrating because the flying season is short for some people, or there may be contest coming up. I think most of the ugliness started as a result of a typo. MrTtrn said he'd waited two weeks before calling about the original Feb 24th order. But then the date he cited was Feb 28th, only four days later. I really think that was a typo and he meant Mar 28th. He typed Feb again instead of Mar. Look at post #10, MrTtrn is quoted as typing Feb 28th, but his original post #1 has been edited now to say MAR 28th.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:21 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rv7garage

1) As with everything in life, you pays your money and you takes your chances...

2) If you post things in a public forum, you invite and inherently surrender to every manner of comment and interpretation from the peanut gallery
I like it !
Old 04-07-2014, 01:28 PM
PaulD
My Feedback: (39)

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Rv7garage

1) Takes your chances.... agreed

2) But why is it that everyone expects this or any other public forum shoudl solve thier problems? The only thing u are going to do posting your problems here is get flamed....

PaulD
Old 04-07-2014, 01:31 PM
Rv7garage

Because everybody's a keyboard cowboy! It's way too easy to be a tough talking bigshot when there are no consequences…

it's the same reason people are ***holes behind the wheel! Because it's very rare that anyone will call them on their behavior
Old 04-07-2014, 02:20 PM
ira d

Originally Posted by PaulD
1) Takes your chances.... agreed

2) But why is it that everyone expects this or any other public forum shoudl solve thier problems? The only thing u are going to do posting your problems here is get flamed....

PaulD
Public forums help a lot to get the info out to use caution when you purchase a product, Also many times people are ignored by a company until they make their
concerns known here.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:00 PM
robart-joe

Originally Posted by raptureboy
Well if you think Robarts service is bad try Sierra, I'm still waiting on a request from 4 months ago for some infomation. The problem with internet forums is it allows people to just get on and slam companies and people without any accountability. A simple phone call or letter to the company president would have solved this issue along time ago without anyone getting dirty or being insulted. It's how it was done in the old days by civilized people. I would say that at worst this was just a case of poor communcation by an employee and hopefully they will receive some training in customer service. Sometimes good intentions are just that; good intentions. Robart Joe, are you still working on a replacement for the old 615's ?
Our new rotating retract should be complete by the end of this month. It is not a direct replacement for the 615. Parts are in production as we speak. They are being offered in pneumatic or electric. I should have dimension drawings available within the week.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:29 PM
vonagner

but it might help if Robart sent out an "order status email" to people with orders that are delayed........This professionalism, customer care, respect to the people that is bring the bread to your table.ROBART....see you if your learn the lesson on the short above wise words from 70RAGTOP.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:41 PM
vonagner

You don't want to accept fact that they do NOT TELL THE TRUE, does not matter if you buy one or alreadyh 200 retracts.The fact of nothing telling the true to the customer is that makes everyone upset.Simple as that.You don't have to come up front and make a Court Defense in Robart's defense.THEY DO NOT TELL YOU THE TRUE.SIMPLE AS THAT, THE THE REST, IS BS
Old 04-08-2014, 05:28 AM
raptureboy

Do you know the expression quit beating a dead horse? We get you don't like Robart so now you can move on, most of us are big enough to accept an apology and leave it at that.
Originally Posted by vonagner
You don't want to accept fact that they do NOT TELL THE TRUE, does not matter if you buy one or alreadyh 200 retracts.The fact of nothing telling the true to the customer is that makes everyone upset.Simple as that.You don't have to come up front and make a Court Defense in Robart's defense.THEY DO NOT TELL YOU THE TRUE.SIMPLE AS THAT, THE THE REST, IS BS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.