Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Whats Wrong With Robart?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 11:47 AM
MrTtrn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats Wrong With Robart?

Whats going on Robart? I ordered a set of retracts five and a half weeks ago. And I still don't have them. Its been over five weeks now and I am getting Popeye syndrome, I've stands all I can stands and can't stands it no more. It shouldn't take this long to ship out a set of retracts. I placed my order on Feb 24 after a couple of weeks I called to check on my order and talked to Eric. He told me it would be shipped in a couple of days and I should have them by Sat. Sat came and went and no retracts. So a waited until March 28 and called back again, once again I spoke to Eric and he told me he would have to check on my order and call me back. In a few minutes he called me back and told me they would be shipped next week. Well its been a week as of tomorrow Apr 4 and still no tracking number, in other words they haven't been shipped. So that makes twice that I have been lied to about my order. It should not take this long to get an order. Robart you could at least keep us informed on the status of our orders. Most of us in the hobby would understand because we know you cant keep making retracts with the hopes they sell. Because we all don't work on the same model at the same time. And you don't know what you will have a run on. But this lying about when orders are going to be shipped is wrong. Ever hear of Customer Relations? Looks like you have never heard of them. So as of tomorrow noon Apr 4, 2014, eastern time, if I don't have my tracking number telling me my retracts are on the way I will be calling to cancel my order. And in the future I will never use another Robart product. I know that me not buying another of your products won't hurt you, but as it looks I don't have to. Your hurting yourself and you don't need any help from me.

Teno Trunick
Zebulon, NC
Old 04-03-2014, 03:12 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

maybe someone going to Toledo could ask face to face???
Old 04-03-2014, 03:40 PM
MrTtrn

Robart is located outside Chicago
Old 04-03-2014, 05:41 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Toledo show is coming next weekend.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:23 PM
robart-joe

Teno -

We will be at Toledo if you would like to discuss this otherwise if you tell me what retract you ordered, I can give you a firm date right now. Please let me know how I can help. I can be reached at [email protected] or message me on RCU. Sorry for the delay in shipping your product.

Joe Rehak
Operations Manager
Old 04-04-2014, 08:46 AM
MrTtrn

Joe here is what I ordered.
Order Summary
--------------------------
1 - [622-5E] Top Flite P-51 Mustang Electric Main Retracts

2 - [670DB] 1/2" dia RoboStrut Gear Door Mounting Brackets

1 - [160LWCE] Electric Retractable Tailwheel w/LH Offset
Old 04-04-2014, 01:18 PM
STUKA BARRY

Sounds to me like they want to resolve this situation, to me, that's great customer relations. Time to eat Crow....
Old 04-04-2014, 02:52 PM
MrTtrn

NO it not time to eat crow. I was lied to about when my retracts will be shipped and I still dont have them. So if you want you can eat crow
Old 04-05-2014, 03:36 AM
Rv7garage
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You make an awful lot of noise for someone with 5 whole posts. Joe just offered to help you- I suggest you let him.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:29 AM
Rv7garage

Easy there, Mr. Internet Tough Guy. By airing it out in a public forum, you make it my business.

Last edited by Rv7garage; 04-05-2014 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Idiots abound
Old 04-05-2014, 06:19 AM
MrTtrn

Dates dont suport. Lets see

[email protected]

2/24/14

To: [email protected]

Show this message...

[TABLE]
[TR="class: Header"]
[TD="class: ReadMsgHeaderCol1"] From:[/TD]
[TD] [email protected]You moved this message to its current location.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: ReadMsgHeaderCol1"] Sent:[/TD]
[TD] Mon 2/24/14 4:59 PM[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: ReadMsgHeaderCol1"] To:[/TD]
[TD] [email protected][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"]Thank you for your order. This is a copy of your receipt and order acknowledgement. Please Note: This is not a confirmation that your order has shipped. Once your order has been shipped you will be notified. If you selected FedEx as a shipping method, you will receive a tracking number of your shipment. If you selected Mail as your shipping method, tracking information is not available through International Mail Service and it may take up to 8 – 10 weeks for your package to be delivered depending on your customs and postal service. If you would like to upgrade your shipping to FedEx with tracking, please contact us and we will inform you of the potential additional shipping charges.:[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Order #:[/TD]
[TD]1393278809-842 (03:59:40 PM)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Order Date:[/TD]
[TD]02/24/2014[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Order Total:[/TD]
[TD]$556.44[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"]
now that date seems correct. and I didnt get an extact date on the first call. And the 28th was a Fri. So my dates are correct you try again[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 04-05-2014, 06:21 AM
Rv7garage

Get lost, troll.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:36 AM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW !!! Thought that I was a Cranky Ole Man. I'm just a mellow little kitty cat, compared to this guy. LOL

I placed an order for a custom cut and drilled 3 blade Tru-Turn spinner. Order seemed to be taking longer than usual, thus I inquired into why I had not received it yet. Explained to me at what stage the spinner was at and that their cutting machine had broken down twice in one week. Order will be shipped next week.

Very easy for me to live with this explanation, as I am just finishing up the assembly on my Hangar 9 Christen Eagle. Also, with 3 to 4 inches of snow still on our flying field. What would be the rush ? Besides, if I could fly, I do have many other models that I can play with.

Finding as I get older and in todays world, people need a little more chilling out.

Last edited by Granpooba; 04-05-2014 at 06:43 AM.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:08 AM
Rv7garage

Granpooba- seriously! I just waited 9 weeks for a Keleo exhaust ring, and anyone who has done business with them knows that "proactive communication" is not high on their list of priorities!

Folks need to remember that the hobby industry doesn't necessarily move at the same pace as the rest of Corporate 'Mericuh... and like you said- chill out!

Luckily, we have the ability to put forum members on our "Ignore List", which is now where Mr. Ttrn resides.

What I can't believe is that he would hang his email address out there for all to see, especially as his profile contains his home town. Should be pretty easy to track down a name and home address...
Old 04-05-2014, 07:41 AM
warningshot

Originally Posted by MrTtrn
Dates dont suport. Lets see

[email protected]

2/24/14

To: [email protected]

Show this message...

[TABLE]
[TD="class: ReadMsgHeaderCol1"] From:[/TD]
[TD] [email protected]You moved this message to its current location.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: ReadMsgHeaderCol1"] Sent:[/TD]
[TD] Mon 2/24/14 4:59 PM[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: ReadMsgHeaderCol1"] To:[/TD]
[TD] [email protected][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"]Thank you for your order. This is a copy of your receipt and order acknowledgement. Please Note: This is not a confirmation that your order has shipped. Once your order has been shipped you will be notified. If you selected FedEx as a shipping method, you will receive a tracking number of your shipment. If you selected Mail as your shipping method, tracking information is not available through International Mail Service and it may take up to 8 – 10 weeks for your package to be delivered depending on your customs and postal service. If you would like to upgrade your shipping to FedEx with tracking, please contact us and we will inform you of the potential additional shipping charges.:[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Order #:[/TD]
[TD]1393278809-842 (03:59:40 PM)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Order Date:[/TD]
[TD]02/24/2014[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Order Total:[/TD]
[TD]$556.44[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"]now that date seems correct. and I didnt get an extact date on the first call. And the 28th was a Fri. So my dates are correct you try again[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Okay, time for a math lesson. You ordered on 24 FEB, You waited some time. You called them on 28 Feb. In may book that is FOUR (4) DAYS. Go back and read what you posted!!

Old 04-05-2014, 07:52 AM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have ordered and used many Robart items. All delivered on time and great products.

Guys like this guy are what is killing our hobby. I want it now, instant gratification.

Dude you came on a public forum complained. Robart came on here and said he would fix it for you and you still complain about it. If I was robart I would just refund your money and never sell another product to you.
Dude I hear Hobby king has some great retracts for you.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:43 AM
rcguy59
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've heard that Robart can be slow at times, that's why I order their products from Tower. Tower tells you up front if it's in stock and if it is, it ships quick. If not, I wait.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:07 AM
2walla

Whats going on Robart?
Maybe they just are attracting the wrong customer base?

Anyway seriously why don't you handle this with a phone call vice bashing on the internet?
Old 04-05-2014, 10:10 AM
Javier-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Whats going on Robart? I ordered a set of retracts five and a half weeks ago. And I still don't have them. Its been over five weeks now and I am getting Popeye syndrome, I've stands all I can stands and can't stands it no more. It shouldn't take this long to ship out a set of retracts. I placed my order on Feb 24 after a couple of weeks I called to check on my order and talked to Eric. He told me it would be shipped in a couple of days and I should have them by Sat. Sat came and went and no retracts. So a waited until March 28 and called back again, once again I spoke to Eric and he told me he would have to check on my order and call me back. In a few minutes he called me back and told me they would be shipped next week. Well its been a week as of tomorrow Apr 4 and still no tracking number, in other words they haven't been shipped. So that makes twice that I have been lied to about my order. It should not take this long to get an order. Robart you could at least keep us informed on the status of our orders. Most of us in the hobby would understand because we know you cant keep making retracts with the hopes they sell. Because we all don't work on the same model at the same time. And you don't know what you will have a run on. But this lying about when orders are going to be shipped is wrong. Ever hear of Customer Relations? Looks like you have never heard of them. So as of tomorrow noon Apr 4, 2014, eastern time, if I don't have my tracking number telling me my retracts are on the way I will be calling to cancel my order. And in the future I will never use another Robart product. I know that me not buying another of your products won't hurt you, but as it looks I don't have to. Your hurting yourself and you don't need any help from me.

Teno Trunick
Zebulon, NC
Dear Mr. Trunick we are in the time of mediocrity, they cannot wait for your money but you have to endure his lies and delays in silence. This kind of service is really the killer for an excellent product. Now histories of 9 weeks, 3 months, etc etc are pretty normal.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:20 AM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Was going to post another remark. But, you know, its just not worth it !
Old 04-05-2014, 12:13 PM
TampaRC

Originally Posted by STUKA BARRY
Sounds to me like they want to resolve this situation, to me, that's great customer relations. Time to eat Crow....
What a stupid thing to say.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:18 PM
TampaRC

Originally Posted by Rv7garage
Easy there, Mr. Internet Tough Guy. By airing it out in a public forum, you make it my business.
Why are there so many bozos on this site?
Old 04-05-2014, 12:21 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by TampaRC
because the moderators don't deal with them harsly enough
Old 04-05-2014, 01:25 PM
vonagner

Originally Posted by robart-joe
Teno -

We will be at Toledo if you would like to discuss this otherwise if you tell me what retract you ordered, I can give you a firm date right now. Please let me know how I can help. I can be reached at [email protected] or message me on RCU. Sorry for the delay in shipping your product.

Joe Rehak
Operations Manager
Eric, I hate to call you the correct adjective.When I took my TF AT6 at your office, first, when I did ask you if the retracts were make in the US, you say, they were.NOT TRUE.Second, at that time, when I did try by all means to install your ROBART for the TF-AT-6 ARF, plane, they were not the correct retracts.So, I went back to Al's Hobby Shop and explained to Cindy the issue, she felt embarrassed by the grouse Robart's attitude and without a blink of an eye, she did refund my money.Finally, I called SpringAir and had a hell of fantastic customer service from Joe and his wife.NO MORE ROBART IN MY SHOP
Old 04-05-2014, 01:51 PM
Rv7garage

Originally Posted by TampaRC
I'm sorry- I didn't mean to come off as such!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.