Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

beware HobbyKing

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 07:25 AM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default beware HobbyKing

shipment refused at US customs ~ absolutely no communication from vendor....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	HobbyKingShip.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	442.4 KB
ID:	1985267  
Old 04-08-2014, 11:58 AM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

..., and you are surprised by this how??...,

The tag says to wait 4 days before hearing anything from the vendor. It's barely that, plus a weekend is involved.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:30 AM
Rob2160

Not directly related.. but I am in China at the moment..

Due to their internet censorship the Hobbyking Website is blocked here… funny as hell…

So is RCU and Youtube, but RC Groups works fine, go figure.

Just installed some VPN software and have access to everything again..
Old 04-09-2014, 10:57 AM
topspin

I read the OP's attachment. Customs guy said the packages were not the cause so there is really no way to know why it was rejected. I have never seen that before but the bigger question is, was it just Hobby King stuff or the entire container? Could it be for reasons other than customs, like insects or infectious microbes? Please let us know how this turns out, it will be interesting to see why the shipment was rejected.

There is a rumor circulating that they are either having problems with, or closing down the US warehouse in Tacoma. There is another thread on here where the OP said he was not able to buy anything from the US warehouse. I have seen several other threads with people saying the same thing. Anyone know about it?

Last edited by topspin; 04-09-2014 at 11:06 AM.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:36 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

I wanted to buy some covering from HK simply because I have read good things about it. But the US site refised to accept my credit card and I didn't even follow up as to why. I really don't care that much whether I buy from HK or not, but they really did refuse to accept a card I use all the time and have used many times since their refusal. Didn't try international warehouse.