Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Twisted Hobbies

Old 04-08-2014, 10:45 AM
erik valdez
My Feedback: (80)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twisted Hobbies

Now this all may sound like a no biggie here, but I feel I must plug these guys for their customer appreciation. All to often we see companies being bashed for what they didn't do and not praised for what they did do. So here it goes.

I recently purchased a Crack Pitts with all the fixins, including the upgraded servos. Now I've never really played with the foamies but all the guys have one of some kind so I had to join in. After assembling the plane and test flying it a few times I discovered the rudder servo was defective. It would sometimes stop working or go completely full lock. Sometimes it would over travel and bind the linkage, which rendered my plane unflyable. I emailed Twisted Hobbies about the problem, here is the email I received in return:

Hi Erik,

Sorry to hear this, though this doesn’t happen often it can in this hobby with building these type of models.

First we would suggest going over any possible setup issue (control servo horn length, bind in the push rods or incorrect location of the control servo horn). I suggest once removing the servo try pushing on the push rod guide from the location the servo was doing the work, hopefully you will see or feel any possible issues that may have cause this early failure.

Removing the servo can seem tricky but it every easy with some time and a sharp knife carefully cutting away as close to the servo as possible. The models is made from EPP and can be bend a little here and there in order to gain access to the servo. Also feel free to give us a call since we would like to help if you need more details.

Our policy states we must receive the servo back for repair also we do not replace servos once installed in the model since we have no control over how the model was built nor if it was crashed etc.. But we would like to help you out and send you another servo to get you up and going again, all we ask is that you send your servo back in exchange.

Brad
Twisted Hobbys

Today a brand new servo arrived in the mail! I cant say enough for the guys at Twisted Hobbies.