Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hobbyking – beware

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 10:03 PM
52jaws
My Feedback: (65)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well.......time will tell.
If HK is still around in a year then that will simply stand for the fact that the odds of unsatisfied customers are far outweighed by the content ones.
I'm in a business dealing with the public on a daily basis and let me simply say....you just cant win them all.....with or without fault.
There is simply just going to be a rate of attrition than can not be avoided.....just have to hope your not the one on the receptive end of it.
I take no side with any one here as I understand both aspects and am of the belief that most days your the windshield......but sometimes your the bug.
Sorry to hear the bad experiences.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:12 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Dick T.

........So what is their point in the discussion other than blathering on about how smart they are for avoiding Hobby King.

........to drag out a soapbox for bully other viewpoints.

I mostly refrain from commenting on HK threads these days , since I find the bullying to be utterly relentless . Here we have the perfect textbook example of a guy who bullies his fellow posters with the demeaning use of the term "blathering" to describe their posts , but then goes on to decry the bullying of his fellow posters !

Yes , Mr. Dick T , there are folks who DO have issues with this retailer , and all of the bullying of the type you practice , and then bemoan the existence of , isn't going to either make them go away NOR get their rightfully paid for products in a timely manner .

I think you've said quite enough here to properly assess your motives ...........
Old 06-13-2014, 04:04 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Pointing out differences in posts as being those with personal experience and those who "heard about" or "I would never" is bullying? Tsk...tsk...such sensitivity.

Certainly a solution to a bad experience with HK is warranted but if it doesn't happen that too is good to know. Positive experiences offer the reader an offset where they can make their own decision whether to do business with HK. Posting only one side, plus the no experience pile on, offers nothing.

But sometimes I forget a lot of people don't want to know both sides of a situation.

Lastly, my personal experience with multiple orders via the Chinese warehouse were trouble free, including occasional email to check before their online update status became available. Ditto on later and current orders to the USA warehouse. Gosh, I must be such a bully they make sure my orders are perfect!
Old 06-13-2014, 04:20 PM
topspin

Or they might even pay you in some way, who knows. All I know is I have had both good and bad experiences with Hobby King. I expect to have a good experience because that is what I am paying for. Problem was the bad experiences were not only horrible but completely unnecessary and would not have happened if Hobby King had even the slightest concept of customer service.

their reputation is so bad that they had to hire a public relations/customer service rep in the US just to keep the number of complaints down on one popular RC site. Problem with that is it's real purpose is damage control and not customer service as they would like everyone to believe. That is just sorry. I also dislike your saying that anyone who posts something negative about Hobby King is " blathering". That is simply a veiled group attack and you know it.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:51 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by topspin
I also dislike your saying that anyone who posts something negative about Hobby King is " blathering". That is simply a veiled group attack and you know it.
Your comments about personal experience with HK are very pertinent to the topic. More information will be appreciated by others.

What I said was, "This thread has become filled with a number of posts by some who have never nor are planning to do business with Hobby King. So what is their point in the discussion other than blathering on about how smart they are for avoiding Hobby King."

Reading comprehension is sorely lacking all over the web and blogs.

Lastly I find it amusing that some folks cannot accept someone having positive experiences without thinking they must be a shill or a paid spokesperson. And can HK do better in customer service? Certainly. Opening a US based CS center shows they are addressing known and perceived shortcomings. But good heavens, let's not beat the crap out of them for trying as some want to do here!
Old 06-13-2014, 09:54 PM
topspin

Given that their US rep has not been hugely successful I feel certain that their purpose is simply an appeasement tactic. The fact that they paid for a service in New York tells me that the bulk of their sales must come from the USA.

I don't believe the New York operation is a genuine attemp to improve customer service. I do believe they are window dressing who have solved a few piddly issues while the hard ones go unresolved. When I see the flow of complaints slow to a crawl I will believe but until then I will continue to warn my fellow hobbyists to try and find what they need from more reliable sources, there are many and they are not expensive. Init4fun was right.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:13 PM
Joe 1320

Well Dick, Disconfirmation bias on your end makes it impossible for anyone to get through to you. Ranting about non customers or pretending to not notice pissed off (ex) customers makes it tough to take you even remotely serious.

Disconfirmation bias- When people are faced with evidence for and against their beliefs, they will be more likely to accept the evidence that supports their beliefs with little scrutiny yet criticize and reject that which disconfirms their beliefs. Generally, we will avoid or discount evidence that might show us to be wrong.

I find it sad that when people have an issue with HK and rant about them as a company, others come out of the woodwork and make it a personal attack on the disgruntled customer or an attack on their beliefs. It becomes open season on the poster who dares complain. It really calls into question the motives.

Last edited by Joe 1320; 06-25-2014 at 08:21 PM.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:40 AM
Francois Chiang Mai

Hello everybody
I just give you some news.
June 21, Hobby King has notified me by email that I would receive a new body .... we are on July 13 and I have not received anything and I have no news, these people are liars ...
Old 07-14-2014, 01:04 PM
Charley
My Feedback: (2)

Originally Posted by Francois Chiang Mai
Hello everybody
I just give you some news.
June 21, Hobby King has notified me by email that I would receive a new body .... we are on July 13 and I have not received anything and I have no news, these people are liars ...
Sure wish I could get a new body. The one I'm wearing is about worn out!

CR
Old 07-14-2014, 06:12 PM
Francois Chiang Mai

ok I have not used the right word, I spoke of the fuselage, you must understand that English is not my language, I'm French, sorry for my bad english
Old 07-16-2014, 09:53 AM
Charley
My Feedback: (2)

Originally Posted by Francois Chiang Mai
ok I have not used the right word, I spoke of the fuselage, you must understand that English is not my language, I'm French, sorry for my bad english
Not to worry; I was joking.

CR