Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Value Hobby?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 06:32 PM
silverdev1l

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Value Hobby?

has anyone else had issues with Value Hobby? will they stand behind what they sell? are they honest?
Old 07-09-2014, 04:46 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In my only dealing with Value Hobby, I got a good price, and fast service.

They were recommended to me by a couple friends, who recieved the same treatment.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:07 AM
topspin

I also had a good experience with Value Hobby but then there were no problems with the order or the components so I can't really say if they stand behind what they sell or not.

You only find out how good a company really is when something goes wrong. How they deal with it determines if they truly care about the customer or not.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:38 PM
silverdev1l

I am asking because I also had great experience with them until I crashed one of my planes and ordered another from Value Hobby, the shipping was fast but when I opened the package I found the plane had been partially built (covering cut and holes drilled glued) a sloppy job at that and then taken apart and placed in the box... I tried to call but they wont answer the phone because they are an online hobby shop, Fair enough. I opened a return request with them and they wanted pics, so I sent them. they said ok they were sorry the factory must have sent it to them that way and they would send me a label and to send it back they would replace it.. ok so the next day I get this message from them and was floored,>>> (Answer: Hi. The only thing that was done was some covering were cut away. It's never been flown or anything. I don't know why this should be considered defective or not new. You would have to cut away the covering when assembling the plane anyway. I can offer a $20 refund. Hopefully you can accept it and save us the trouble of sending a plane back and forth.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:37 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Overall they are a great company to deal with. Good prices, quick service. They don't usually have spare parts for the planes they sell though. I had an issue with a charging cord and I was offered a $3.00 credit, which was funny, since a replacement was 11. I filed a PP complaint, and two days later, got a new cord in the mail. I believe it's a one man operation, I believe he is Eastern European and doesn't speak Englsh well (from the few that have managed to speak with him). If you won't be satisfied with a partial credit, package it up and mail it back. Track it if course, and open a PP dispute. They will resolve it in your favor, and he will pay the return shipping.
Old 07-13-2014, 01:24 PM
silverdev1l

after trying to get them to replace the plane this is the email I got back from them!!! Answer: I think I made a very reasonable offer of $20 refund, but you are not satisfied. Please just return the item for refund. I think we should just go separate ways. We sell inexpensive planes for discounted prices, so I expect my customers to be more understanding than normal. Since that's not the case here, you should do business somewhere else. Thanks. [/URL] I am just pissed!! all I wanted was a replacement!
Old 07-13-2014, 02:22 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Always good products and service from them and as they say;you can't please everyone .
Can you post some pictures of the issues ?

Edit:
Looked on the site and that plane looks somewhat like a Sig 4-Star.
Years ago there used to be a seller on ebay selling the same china arfs that Value Hobby sold but at a higher price. I don't see that seller active anymore but here is another seller located in the same town (same seller/new name?) selling the same plane . I would expect less in the way of service from the ebay seller.http://www.ebay.com/itm/70in-Stylus-...item1e88a8b111

Last edited by flyinwalenda; 07-13-2014 at 02:34 PM.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:09 PM
bullseye000

They are somewhat local to me so I usually buy batteries and a few other misc items from them. I've placed many orders and have only had issue with one of them. The sent me a 4s battery when I ordered a 3s. After many days of correspondence and trying to find a way to get the right battery I finally gave up. I think the products are decent and the prices are right but if you have an issue they have taken a page from Hobby Kings play book.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:05 PM
silverdev1l

I guess the days of worrying about customer service are over it's a shame because they DO have good planes and that's why I went back but it is SO WRONG to sell a used product as new and then just shrug it off as oh well go somewhere else if you don't like it! like I said all I wanted was the NEW plane I paid for!
Old 07-14-2014, 03:39 PM
TomCrump

Originally Posted by silverdev1l
I guess the days of worrying about customer service are over it's a shame because they DO have good planes and that's why I went back but it is SO WRONG to sell a used product as new and then just shrug it off as oh well go somewhere else if you don't like it! like I said all I wanted was the NEW plane I paid for!
We'd still like to see pics of the problems.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:16 AM
silverdev1l

I am sorry I have not posted pics just got back from Vaca ,, will post up tonight!
Old 07-20-2014, 11:18 AM
silverdev1l

lol do you work for them? sounds like you don't believe me!
Old 07-20-2014, 02:48 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by TomCrump
In my only dealing with Value Hobby, I got a good price, and fast service.

They were recommended to me by a couple friends, who recieved the same treatment.
Several of my friends and myself have made numerous purchases from VH as they offer fairly good products at very reasonable prices, and so far we have never any problems with the items purchased or their service.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:27 PM
TomCrump

No. I don't work for them. Just take a look. I live in Michigan. They are in Illinois.

I'd just like to see what the problem is. Your description leaves a lot to the imagination.
Old 07-20-2014, 05:10 PM
silverdev1l

http://s30.photobucket.com/user/kevinl11/library/
Old 07-20-2014, 05:14 PM
silverdev1l

note the center on the tail!!!
Old 07-20-2014, 05:40 PM
TomCrump

In my view, it looks like you have a valid complaint.

If you want the model, I'd grab the 20 bucks and call it good. If not, you may be in for a long haul.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:20 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Looking at the pictures ,yes,someone has started it. If nothing is broken I'd also take the $20.00, assemble and fly it.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:56 AM
CafeenMan

I can't tell what the story is you're trying to tell with the photos. Most of them are way too out of focus even see what the problem is. I think it would be a good idea if you posted the photos here. Post the ones that best show what the issues are and caption them so we know what hte problem is. I looked at the center of the tail and I see covering cut away. Is it off-center to where you'll see bare wood when the tail is glued on? Did he cut into the wood? I have no idea what the problem is supposed to be there.

Everything you've said is just to vague for anyone to agree that there's serious issues or disagree. You need to be more specific about what's going on.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:05 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

At this point the total time wasted talking about this is worth considerably more than just replacing the plane. It's like Hobby King, sometimes you get screwed but on the whole you make out better than if you had never used them in the first place.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:58 AM
Tony Iannucelli
My Feedback: (193)

I've had nothing but great experiences with Value Hobby and Hobby King as well. I'm sympathetic to on line companies in our hobby because it's very easy for them to come out on the short end of the stick.

I never object to being asked to verify my complaint with a product. That being said, if my complaint is valid and I document it, I expect a positive response. The response you got was not sufficient. I agree with the guy though.... you shouldn't order from them again. They have lost your business.

Horizon, Tower, Hobby People and others are giants in the R/C industry. Value Hobby is an importer/middle man-small company-on a small profit margin in comparison. Complain to Tower or Horizon and a substitute part is in the mail the same day. The same can't be expected from the little guy in my opinion.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:01 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
Looking at the pictures ,yes,someone has started it. If nothing is broken I'd also take the $20.00, assemble and fly it.
I second that.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:53 PM
silverdev1l

yes I will except the $20.00 at this point because they wont replace the plane, I like my planes to look nice when I build them and its a little more work when they are not "new".. and yes it's not a BIG deal but when I pay for something new I expect new! you win some you loose some!
Old 07-21-2014, 01:55 PM
sparky4lawndart
My Feedback: (10)

I bought a P51 from them some time ago and received a wreck in the box... the wings had holes punched through the covering, broken stringers on the front of the fuse, misshapen plastic parts (warped canopy, the worst of it), and missing hardware pack & wing tube.

When I called to complain they gave me the run around for over 1 month but eventually paid for the parts that were missing.. I used my oven and a heat gun to reshape the plastics... I think he refunded $50 but that isn't what I was looking for.

It took 4 months to build that model... 30cc P51... I eventually rebuilt the wing (stripped the covering) and sheeted it & glassed it after adding more structure and sanding the **** out of the leading edge. stripped the fuse and glassed it and used Robart air retracts. painted it with Rust O Leum silver... flew great with an EME55 w/ electric start.

Although I loved that plane I wouldn't wish that experience and general stress on anyone.

http://youtu.be/UbpNfCqUwR8?list=UU2HjJo3WMF6uqEWwF1AlBFg
Old 07-21-2014, 01:58 PM
silverdev1l

I agree with you Tony! but the small guys cant expect all profit and except NO Responsibility for bad actions!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.