Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Value Hobby?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 02:01 PM
silverdev1l

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Sparky, you did a great job on the plane! very nice
Old 07-21-2014, 03:09 PM
tlojak38
My Feedback: (15)

ive dealt with value hobby, bought their easy stik 60 and other than the few things i needed to do to, "make it mine" (new fuel tank, larger wheels, better rear landing gear) i really like the plane and still cant believe i got it at such a good price. I got it on ebay, and he communicated with me the whole time through the shipping process. still thinking of buying the stylus he has on there also. got a nice o.s. 61 id like to try in it!
Old 07-21-2014, 04:49 PM
bullseye000

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some club members drive to pickup their orders from VH. I've had the first battery issue and a couple of other guys do the pick up at the warehouse thing so they can inspect the models first. I understand the business model that HL and VH are using but this is pretty blatant. If it's a return it shouldn't have been put back into stock without an inspection. The issue is pretty obvious. I wish he would inspect the stuff before he ships it.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:41 PM
tevans55

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you paid with a CC call the number on the back of your card and tell them that you were sent a used product. They will put a hold on the transaction and do an investigation. The seller cannot treat you like this and retain their CC transaction capabilities.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:36 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Originally Posted by tevans55
If you paid with a CC call the number on the back of your card and tell them that you were sent a used product. They will put a hold on the transaction and do an investigation. The seller cannot treat you like this and retain their CC transaction capabilities.
I keep thinking about the small business model and even though a small business they must do right by the customer. If the plane the guy got was in the shape described the seller MUST make right and for the life of me I cannot see why 20.00 bucks can be considered right. These companies must make their suppliers do the right thing. We know the problem is that they buy these things in lots and probably have no recourse so they offer the customer a few bucks to see if that will send them away. Doesn't seem to be getting any better these days either. It is the luck of the draw sometimes.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:36 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by tevans55
Using Paypal backed with a credit card is almost bullet proof. If PP caves on the complaint, the CC company will usually make it right. It would take a tremendous amount of problems though for the CC company to cut a business off, don't forget they get fees and in this hyper competitive business climate, they won't be quick to turn that revenue stream off.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:31 AM
OliverJacob
My Feedback: (12)

I bought a .60 size stick plane and this was a blast to fly. Also I got an Aero Sport, one of my favorite planes.
After maybe 10 orders I have had only one doa servo, they were going to replace it, but it wasn't worth shipping it back.
So I have no real complaints, after all it's a good place to buy. Shipping is very fast and the prices are great.

I was at their warehouse once and it seems like it's a one man operation, so I wouldn't expect him to answer the phone...he had his hands full
already. For a $75 plane, I'd accept the $20 . I wouldn't be happy to receive a plane in this shape, but if there are no significant gaps in the covering when assembled, I'd be ok with the refund.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:57 AM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been screwed a couple of times by companies that used the same operating philosophy as described by the originator of this thread. So, I will now only deal with companies that have a long history of treating their customers right, like Horizon Hobby and Tower Hobbies to name a few. And yes, it may cost me a bit more for the item purchased, but there is some comfort in knowing that if it's not right, it will be made right. IMHO, other outline hobby companies should begin their website with the following: CAVEAT EMPTOR

Last edited by David Jackson; 07-22-2014 at 12:02 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:12 PM
porcia83
Banned

Therein lies the beauty of competition and choice, we have an abundance of both for this hobby. Keep in mind, while not as plentiful as the smaller guys, even Tower, Hobby Lobby, and HH all have complaints lodged against them as well.
The following users liked this post:
lordraptor1 (09-02-2021)
Old 07-22-2014, 01:00 PM
silverdev1l

the Stylus IS a good plane THATS why I bought another one! just beware you may get a partially assembled and cut up model. LOL
Old 07-22-2014, 01:12 PM
silverdev1l

I am still trying to get them to refund the $20.00, yes I paid with Paypal and I am trying to communicate with VH on the PP site, I am getting NO response from them on this so I will escalate the issue with PP in hopes they can resolve this and we can move on. what a headache for $20.00 but right is right they need to do something and if its not replace then the $20.00 will do.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:38 PM
bullseye000

Originally Posted by silverdev1l
I am still trying to get them to refund the $20.00, yes I paid with Paypal and I am trying to communicate with VH on the PP site, I am getting NO response from them on this so I will escalate the issue with PP in hopes they can resolve this and we can move on. what a headache for $20.00 but right is right they need to do something and if its not replace then the $20.00 will do.
Not 100% sure but I have a suspicion that he may be a one pony show and he may start working late in the afternoon. I would communicate through his web ticket portal and if I would reply in an open ticket I basically got one shot per day. I'd leave a response and get an answer the next day. As porcia83 said above it's the beauty of competition. I wish I could order everything from one source like Tower or Horizon but some times they just don't have what I want or they are just not competitive.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:26 PM
OliverJacob

There is no doubt that Tower or Horizon have a better service. The 60 size stick plane from VH cost me $88, while Tower had a very similar one for $198.
That is a huge difference, a simple box design should not be that expensive. No fancy cowl, canopy or wheel pants.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:06 AM
Jersy Hank

I only get batteries & a rec. at times never had any problems with V.H. maybe just lucky. oOnly by batteries from him, no others they work better and last longer than any other I have used.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:56 AM
batdog
My Feedback: (1)

I have had the best from Value Hobby. The pictures are so out of focus no wonder you didn't get any help from them. When you have a complaint and expect it to be resolved to your satisfaction you have a responsibility to do your part and clearly you haven't . I see nothing wrong here . Man up fix it and fly it and stop the complaints about a company that clearly by my experience and by the response of this thread does above average service to our hobby. Dana Giles current customer of Value Hobby
Old 07-23-2014, 10:34 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by batdog
I have had the best from Value Hobby. The pictures are so out of focus no wonder you didn't get any help from them. When you have a complaint and expect it to be resolved to your satisfaction you have a responsibility to do your part and clearly you haven't . I see nothing wrong here . Man up fix it and fly it and stop the complaints about a company that clearly by my experience and by the response of this thread does above average service to our hobby. Dana Giles current customer of Value Hobby

Kinda harsh no? Did you read the whole thread?

He did his part, he contacted the vendor and noted the issue. He might have sent pics, or might not have, the ones he showed here weren't perfect but documented the problem. The vendor offered a partial refund. The responses in the thread in fact show agreement that the plane was not brand new, and had been previously worked on. Also, the responses show that others have had the same problems. All in all, seems like a legit complaint that was ultimately resolved.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:46 AM
batdog

Harsh? NO Value hobby is a VALUE and when I read a thread like this and in one breath it's a good deal on the next breath they are crying about some little thing. Value H. has cheap prices and they don't try to make a profit on th shipping. Harsh ? No . Some people on this site need to man up .Stop acting like a bunch of old women and think of something positive to say.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:08 AM
porcia83
Banned

Mmkay. Again, the thread comments reflect a lot of positive things about this vendor as well, if they came from old women, or old men, I'm not sure.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:49 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Everyone and every company fouls up now and then. I believe he will refund the $20.00. For a one/two man operation Value Hobby does a good job compared to another company who have a large staff/ For example: I just ordered some things from VH yesterday as I haven't ordered from them since last year. The order was packed and has shipped out today and I will probably have it on Friday and that has been typical of them for the last several years. Now a friend ordered a similar sized order with all in-stock items from another company last Monday that has a warehouse in WA state.It took five business days for the order to be packed and it was shipped from the left coast yesterday and he will probably have it Saturday or Monday.
Now if this issue happened with that other company I believe the OP would have been made to jump through more hoops and wait an even longer time and get more frustrated only to achieve the same result (more than likely)and that would have been store credit and not a refund
Old 07-23-2014, 04:34 PM
silverdev1l

you cant see anything wrong in this photo? I PAID FOR A NEW PLANE, don't be an ass... I did man up (its called STANDING up for what is RIGHT) and I am building the plane .
Old 07-26-2014, 03:41 PM
bullseye000

Originally Posted by batdog
Harsh? NO Value hobby is a VALUE and when I read a thread like this and in one breath it's a good deal on the next breath they are crying about some little thing. Value H. has cheap prices and they don't try to make a profit on th shipping. Harsh ? No . Some people on this site need to man up .Stop acting like a bunch of old women and think of something positive to say.
Another open mouth and insert foot. It amazes me the short sightedness of some people. This was an error and it doesn't seem like they have a method to make things right. Been there. Still there. This should have been an open box or damaged special. I hope you get your refund.
lordraptor1 (09-02-2021)
Old 07-26-2014, 04:01 PM
batdog

Still crying about the plane?
Old 07-27-2014, 03:49 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Originally Posted by bullseye000
Another open mouth and insert foot. It amazes me the short sightedness of some people. This was an error and it doesn't seem like they have a method to make things right. Been there. Still there. This should have been an open box or damaged special. I hope you get your refund.
I have nothing against the vendor in this case, yet I do agree and hope the OP gets a decent refund. To me something just does not smell right with this transaction and without facts it is difficult to assess what is going on. Why would a business tell someone to move along and go elsewhere when sales is their livelihood? When we buy new, we expect new. I have been in business the better part of my adult life and then the rest working for businesses.

As a previous business owner, it would be MY responsibility to make this right. What business owner out there would not make a defective product right if it is sold for new? Also a great benefit to the business owner is often the business owner gets a life long customer and many sales to come. I have had people come up to me on the street and tell me they wish I was still in business because I took good care of them. That means so much more than one defective airplane.

Maybe they should get all of the defective planes together and sell them to the ones that don't care under the guise as "new". That way the rest of us that want a new plane in new condition would get one without problems.
lordraptor1 (09-02-2021)
Old 07-27-2014, 04:26 AM
OliverJacob

what is the definition of 'new plane' ? I see a part of the covering has been cut away, as you have to do to install the horizontal stab.
Although who ever did this has done a poor job, but does this actually show when the stab is installed into the fuselage?
So if there was a gap I'd demand a new stabilizer. That is the question I have to the op.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:03 AM
porcia83
Banned

I'd say a "new" plane is one that is factory sealed/wrapped, and hasn't been opened and work started on it. In this case I believe the comments and pics indicate someone had started the build, and the plane was probably returned to the vendor for whatever reason. Now it's "used" but not flown, or could be considered "serviced" or "re-manufactured". Lot's of companies do that with returned items. When selling, they have to disclose it, and usually it sells for less than retail (which is why some charge a restocking fee). I would say the key is disclosure. In this case, it wasn't disclosed and the vendor made an offer to resolve it. Also, with this vendor, they don't really stock replacement parts like wings etc.

I bought a plane last year from Nitro Planes when it was first released, the "Smart Trainer". When I got it, the plane had clearly been worked on. No parts were wrapped, a plug over the landing gear area was missing, as were the stickers. The rudder was also off the plane (it was a foamy). I contacted them and opened a ticket, then followed their instructions and sent pics. A couple of days later they offered to take the item back and pay return postage, or the other option was a partial refund. I took the refund and did some mods on the plane I had planned to anyway. Oh, they also confirmed it had been one of the first ones they got and while not flown, was used as a demo. It was supposed to be taken off the floor for sale, but someone stuck it back up on a shelf. Clearly wasn't "new" when I got it, although wasn't really "used" either. Like the OP's story, it ended well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.