Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So tired of all the bugs in RCU's website

It seems like Internet Brands management of RCU is just really, really poor. From the oversized advert banners on the front page that block access to links (poor web design - amateurish), to the frequent unannounced outages/database errors etc. (poor tech support, again very amateurish), I for one am pretty frustrated with the site.

Hey Internet Brands, how about stepping your game up? Just hanging that out there...
    #26 Club Saito (2) FA-62's, FA-90TS, FA-120R3, FA-125a
    -Glowhead Brother #2 -

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    They really don't care. This website is a drop in the ocean for them. Only thing that will get their attention is to complain to the advertisers here and have them make some noise. If I were paying for ad space here and knew about the issues, there would definitely be discussions about not living up to contract terms.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I for one cannot complain about this web site. Sure it could be better; what can not? When you stop to realize what a great effort the people who do work on this site and the time they devote to it, it is amazing that it is as good as it is as I'm surprised those workers devote so much time and effort for the small returns they get. After all, if you do not get any satisfaction from browsing this site you certainly do not have to. I'm just thankful it is as good as it is.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    All I'm saying is that it used to be seamless. No bugs, unexpected outages, lost posts/pix, etc.

It was like the day that Internet Brands took over, it went to hell. And it's been going like that for a while now. Just feels unprofessional.
    -Glowhead Brother #2 -

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    You are free to start your own website and run it any way you want.

It ain't perfect, sometimes frustrating and always free.

KW_Counter

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    ^ What añejo response
    -Glowhead Brother #2 -

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    The "Drop in the Ocean" comment has it's humor, as they look to be south of LAX just east the Pacific Ocean in the true LA.

Ya, bugs now and then but no large deal fur me.

Jared
    Jared (Tip) Stalls

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    The key is communication. Every complaint, bug or frustration is noted and the moderators (including me) send it to tech for a fix. The bugs didn't start with IB, but with the vB conversion they definitely increased. They have smoothed so many things out this past year and are committed to RCU in every possible way. Keep sharing what's broken and they'll keep trying to make the site faster and better.
    Nathan M.
    Administrator
    RCUniverse.com | Wattflyer.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Well Nathan, it's nice to hear you say that, but I know that the Mods & the Forum Manager have been aware of (for example) the issue with the top-of-page ad for at least a couple weeks, and nothing has been done about it... so what does that say?

Also, all the partial & full outages, and just general slowness of the site are very frustrating to me and many others. Just sayin'
    -Glowhead Brother #2 -

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    The key is communication. Every complaint, bug or frustration is noted and the moderators (including me) send it to tech for a fix. The bugs didn't start with IB, but with the vB conversion they definitely increased. They have smoothed so many things out this past year and are committed to RCU in every possible way. Keep sharing what's broken and they'll keep trying to make the site faster and better.

Keep plugging away.

It's frustrating on our end. The slow loading times. Troubles with editing posts. Difficulties with staying logged in, etc make this site difficult to use at times, but things can't be much better on your end. You have to listen to us complain !
    Tom C

Sig Brotherhood # 120