The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

So tired of all the bugs in RCU's website

Old 07-13-2014, 05:36 AM
Rv7garage

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default So tired of all the bugs in RCU's website

It seems like Internet Brands management of RCU is just really, really poor. From the oversized advert banners on the front page that block access to links (poor web design - amateurish), to the frequent unannounced outages/database errors etc. (poor tech support, again very amateurish), I for one am pretty frustrated with the site.

Hey Internet Brands, how about stepping your game up? Just hanging that out there...
Old 07-13-2014, 07:02 AM
Mpizpilot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

They really don't care. This website is a drop in the ocean for them. Only thing that will get their attention is to complain to the advertisers here and have them make some noise. If I were paying for ad space here and knew about the issues, there would definitely be discussions about not living up to contract terms.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:35 AM
Rodney

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I for one cannot complain about this web site. Sure it could be better; what can not? When you stop to realize what a great effort the people who do work on this site and the time they devote to it, it is amazing that it is as good as it is as I'm surprised those workers devote so much time and effort for the small returns they get. After all, if you do not get any satisfaction from browsing this site you certainly do not have to. I'm just thankful it is as good as it is.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:10 PM
Rv7garage

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

All I'm saying is that it used to be seamless. No bugs, unexpected outages, lost posts/pix, etc.

It was like the day that Internet Brands took over, it went to hell. And it's been going like that for a while now. Just feels unprofessional.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:33 PM
KW_Counter

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You are free to start your own website and run it any way you want.

It ain't perfect, sometimes frustrating and always free.

KW_Counter
Old 07-14-2014, 08:03 PM
Rv7garage

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

^ What añejo response
Old 07-16-2014, 07:23 AM
jcstalls

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The "Drop in the Ocean" comment has it's humor, as they look to be south of LAX just east the Pacific Ocean in the true LA.

Ya, bugs now and then but no large deal fur me.

Jared
Old 07-16-2014, 08:53 AM
Nathan
Administrator

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The key is communication. Every complaint, bug or frustration is noted and the moderators (including me) send it to tech for a fix. The bugs didn't start with IB, but with the vB conversion they definitely increased. They have smoothed so many things out this past year and are committed to RCU in every possible way. Keep sharing what's broken and they'll keep trying to make the site faster and better.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:21 PM
Rv7garage

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well Nathan, it's nice to hear you say that, but I know that the Mods & the Forum Manager have been aware of (for example) the issue with the top-of-page ad for at least a couple weeks, and nothing has been done about it... so what does that say?

Also, all the partial & full outages, and just general slowness of the site are very frustrating to me and many others. Just sayin'
Old 07-19-2014, 03:56 AM
TomCrump

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
The key is communication. Every complaint, bug or frustration is noted and the moderators (including me) send it to tech for a fix. The bugs didn't start with IB, but with the vB conversion they definitely increased. They have smoothed so many things out this past year and are committed to RCU in every possible way. Keep sharing what's broken and they'll keep trying to make the site faster and better.

Keep plugging away.

It's frustrating on our end. The slow loading times. Troubles with editing posts. Difficulties with staying logged in, etc make this site difficult to use at times, but things can't be much better on your end. You have to listen to us complain !

Search this Thread